• McCallum
  • Sitti
  • Famewo
  • Mumba
  • Thompson
  • Morris
  • Raggett
  • Heisse

My thought is that the four in bold will move on in the summer - though it will depoend on if we are definitely in the Championship, but a loan suggests 're-settling them rather than toughening them up - but the others indicate a positive move towards developing players in the late teens rather than bringing them through from very early on

There are others but that should give an indication of what is waiting to step up

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I have -

• Oxborough
  • Idah
  • Martin
  • McCallum
  • Sitti
  • Famewo
  • Mumba
  • Thompson
  • Morris
  • Raggett
  • Heisse

My thought is that the four in bold will move on in the summer - though it will depoend on if we are definitely in the Championship, but a loan suggests 're-settling them rather than toughening them up - but the others indicate a positive move towards developing players in the late teens rather than bringing them through from very early on

There are others but that should give an indication of what is waiting to step up

The bulk of the players who don't feature in the matchday squad are making money for the club through loan fees etc.

Many of these will never play for us but are being farmed, Chelsea style.

Whether we like it or not, they are there to make £ and maybe just the odd one occasionally will get in the team. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I have -

• Oxborough
  • Idah
  • Martin
  • McCallum
  • Sitti
  • Famewo
  • Mumba
  • Thompson
  • Morris
  • Raggett
  • Heisse

Leitner?

26 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Leitner?

Leitner has played regularly before.

Those listed are those beginning to step up, or would have been expected to

So, if we are in the Ch. next season I would expect McCallum to be able to make the squad as with Ida, and most likely Martin.

Whether there is a place for the bottom four will have to be seen - based on whether they are good enough for the CH and/or who has left the club in the summer

4 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

I think Morris needs a couple more loan moves before he's ready for a chance in our first team.

He's 25 in December and should have been knocking at the door before now.

Given where he has been loaned to I would suggest LI is his level

I think Mumba will be loaned out for 6 months at least to get some game time. Would be amazed if he figures in the Champ this soon.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think Mumba will be loaned out for 6 months at least to get some game time. Would be amazed if he figures in the Champ this soon.

I would think that would be the case, given his previous loan was at a non league club Not sure what level Sitti will be at, but a few months in L1 would introduce him to the niceties of the English game, and Famewo will perhaps be sent out to LI

There is also the difference that we will not need to announce a squad that cannot be added to in the Ch, though I am happy to be corrected on that one. So Oxborough should be playing elsewhere also.

I think I've got a different definition of fringe player to you.

I expect Sitti and McCallum to be regulars next season. Fringe players for me are those like Leitner, Steipermann even Trybull.

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think I've got a different definition of fringe player to you.

I expect Sitti and McCallum to be regulars next season. Fringe players for me are those like Leitner, Steipermann even Trybull.

Fringe as in those on the verge of breaking through - not already playing and on the bench

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Fringe as in those on the verge of breaking through - not already playing and on the bench

Ah gotcha!

Gilmour is a good shout. Would agree that those four you highlighted likely won't be here next season.

1 hour ago, canarycop said:

Charlie gilmour is one that may break through. Played plenty on loan in Holland this year

Started 24 of Telstar’s 29 league games and was only subbed off once.

Start of last season I dont think too many saw Aaron's as being a key player.

I guess even if one or two end up making a decent amount of appearances from the youth academy next season that would be a huge success again from that point of view.

Agree, a huge success

The measure there being would any off us have complained if we had spent £8m on each of the four 'youth players' who have come through ?

None of whom have looked out of place in the PL.

And to add to Charlie Gilmour there is

Rocky Bushiri - Defender

Daniel Adshead - Forward

Simon Power - Winger

along with a few others who have been signed in the past year or so, with glowing reports

https://www.canaries.co.uk/academy/U23-Team/

all those being around 20/21 years old suggests that we have a fair few who will be looking to make their make over the coming seasons

so who is to say that we should not be following this model rather than simply trying to go toe to toe with clubs who have far greater funds available

and if we go down with Villa, let's see who has to sell to survive then

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Started 24 of Telstar’s 29 league games and was only subbed off once.

That says a lot.

Have to admit I know very little about him, clearly has good pedigree but is he a Cantwell type or a Tettey type?

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That says a lot.

Have to admit I know very little about him, clearly has good pedigree but is he a Cantwell type or a Tettey type?

Only from what I've read he is more of a defensive-minded player. No goals, for example.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Start of last season I dont think too many saw Aaron's as being a key player.

I guess even if one or two end up making a decent amount of appearances from the youth academy next season that would be a huge success again from that point of view.

Agree with this, I like the way the academy players are involved in pre season. They all have a chance and if they do well enough they’re in the squad, Aaron’s being the prime example 

Bushri is the one I'm least confident on based on his struggles at Blackpool. 

Simon Power is also 22 and only playing and non league levels this season so doesn't seem close.

Aidan Fitzpatrick is reportedly quite a prospect too.

Mumba is the same age as Adshead, also a great prospect but not ready for the first team yet. 

I think one or two on the list may go to Russell Martin, perhaps some players on loan. 

Has Mumba signed yet? , also there was that young striker from USA.