Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Home Advantage

All the FA Cup home teams, who could be said as being the underdog in each tie have all lost. ( Newcastle looking likely) 

The Home advantage clearly lost due to the lack of a crowd to generate an atmosphere. 

A full Carrow Road last night and .................

2 minutes ago, percy varco said:

All the FA Cup home teams, who could be said as being the underdog in each tie have all lost. ( Newcastle looking likely) 

The Home advantage clearly lost due to the lack of a crowd to generate an atmosphere. 

A full Carrow Road last night and .................

............after our first meaningful attack (about 10-15 mins in) we would have seriously got behind the team as you could start to see something was happening for us. It may have pushed us to victory (same with Everton, no chance with Soton) 

Hey ho

I do think the lower clubs feel the effect of no fans more than the big clubs in the division. It's an unfair handicap but probably the least unfair option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I do think the lower clubs feel the effect of no fans more than the big clubs in the division. It's an unfair handicap but probably the least unfair option.

It’s a massive disadvantage for the lesser teams, the only positive is that all the teams at the bottom seem to have the same affliction. I suspect the guys will be glad to play away from FCR after three defeats.

It is no surprise, it was going to be a ridiculous end to the season with football giving in to tv.

There is no way thay the game against man city would have been the way it was without the crowd.

The whole of our crowd knew how bad our injury crisis was, we had 2 keepers on the bench, hanley who was injured, heise who was playing with the youth team and I believe Drmic may have been slightly injured too.

We had Tettey and mclean as our only central midfield options with Amadou playing centre half.

The atmosphere and charge inside that stadium was incredible. Midweek farke asked for our extra support, but he did not need to do that call. We all knew that we had to be behind each player, each clearance, each run to give belief and on that day I truly believe we didnt give the team a 12th man but a 13th or 14th. We were not going to lose that game. 

It was an emotional outpour of passion, will, faith and desire to help our team perform. By god did we perform.

I have never felt the emotion like that at carrow road, not because of the win, or that we were huge underdogs. It was because we had a horrendous injury crisis and everything was against us. We truly were an unstoppable force of belief.

That is what a crowd can give and it is noticeable in every game under the restart.

Either way I will remember that game for a long time, not for the match but for what NCFC and our fans created. An energy and support level that was built on a feeling of being health the cruelest hand against a phenomenal team.

• Like 1