Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

sheffield united have thrown it away AGAIN!

Seems to have become a habit of theres since the restart.

Thought the way their fans kept going on about it they were destined for an away day Euro leauge trip to Barca? The players sure seem to be doing all they can to avoid that..

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems to have become a habit of theres since the restart.

Thought the way their fans kept going on about it they were destined for an away day Euro leauge trip to Barca? The players sure seem to be doing all they can to avoid that..

If we were sitting where they were in the table, I'd probably enjoy talking my team up. They've done extremely well, and fair play to them.

But their downturn in form coincides with injuries to their back line.  Just goes to show - a settled defence can be a platform to any sort of work a day midfielders / forwards.  If only we had that good fortune etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If we were sitting where they were in the table, I'd probably enjoy talking my team up. They've done extremely well, and fair play to them.

Indeed, fair credit to them for doing well. Still far from a fan of Wilder and find thier fans incredibly obnoxious, and I fully bealive they will be found out next season.. But for now, yes I won't deny they have done very well and credit is due.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed, fair credit to them for doing well. Still far from a fan of Wilder and find thier fans incredibly obnoxious, and I fully bealive they will be found out next season.. But for now, yes I won't deny they have done very well and credit is due.

I also find their fans incredibly obnoxious, but to be fair to Wilder, he's always spoken very positively and professionally about us since 'that' incident. He comes across as an old-school dinosaur a la Pulis or Warnock, but his football is a lot more nuanced than that. I also think they'll be in a relegation battle next season, but you never know.

Sheffield United are the latest 'That Championship club' that routinely surprises the Premier League with a unique tactical take on things for a year or two, are the media darlings and everyone thinks it's brilliant they're challenging for Europe. There then comes a time where inevitably they will try and evolve as the league works them out and they can't keep it going.

See Stoke and Swansea for the previous incumbents of this role.

Everything aside, I don't mind them. Pantomime villains as opposed to the obnoxious riches of Villa or the literal obnoxiousness of Leeds.

What a shame they spent all that money.

What good has it done them?

They can lose an FA Cup quarter final just the same as a Club that spent nothing.

And when it comes to league positions...............................

Mmmm, hang on a minute, I might need to think about that