Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Poster of the year

Figure it out yourself, I've got the date written down

He'd been celebrating and was steamin' so I've heard.... brandy from what they say

I nominate maama for. 'most annoying poster of the year who really should be postimg in non football' is that a category? 

13 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I nominate maama for. 'most annoying poster of the year who really should be postimg in non football' is that a category? 

God I'd love to see someone posting that in every thread of Maama's.

• Haha 1

Well, I for one would be very interested in joining the illuminati for power, fame and wealth in Uganda. His magic love potion also sounds like it could be a game changer for someone like me! I for one welcome this shamanistic, illuminati abortionist with connections in the chemical disposal industry(wonder if that ties into the love potion?) as the new king of the forum. 

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Well, I for one would be very interested in joining the illuminati for power, fame and wealth in Uganda. His magic love potion also sounds like it could be a game changer for someone like me! I for one welcome this shamanistic, illuminati abortionist with connections in the chemical disposal industry(wonder if that ties into the love potion?) as the new king of the forum. 

Yeah but does he think we should try Godfrey in defensive midfield?

• Haha 3

On 29/06/2020 at 08:23, Mike Williams said:

Ricardo wins the “restart is never going to happen” award . Oh hang on .....

I nominate Mike for the "Odd grudge against Ricardo" award. 

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2020 at 16:06, Nuff Said said:

What about a catch phrase/word award? A few contenders:

"Scampi"

"St Andrews Hall"

"the boy Webber"

"best football forum in the world"

We don't do catchphrases here, let alone single word ones...Binner!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buendia Than Barnby said:

We don't do catchphrases here, let alone single word ones...Binner!

This is the best forum in the world.

On 28/06/2020 at 19:19, Feedthewolf said:

Closely followed by Parma for his Tactics Masterclasses, and Nutty for his work with the PUPs.

He describes our tactics as "innovative guerilla tactics". Not being funny but have you even watched us lately? We're utterly sh*t and completely void of ideas, I call it being well out of our depth. 

I think you have to give the optimist of the year jointly to LDC and Hoggy both are still trying to peddle their happy clapping nonsense despite us having one of the worst seasons in living memory

That takes effort and dedication 

• Haha 1

I would add the 'Lazarus' poster - one who has been dormant for months then suddenly pops up for a few days, on one particular contentious subject and the disappears again

'mayfly' poster - who joined fairly recently, posts a couple of times then disappears again just as quick

21 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He describes our tactics as "innovative guerilla tactics". Not being funny but have you even watched us lately? We're utterly sh*t and completely void of ideas, I call it being well out of our depth. 

Tactics and actual performance aren't necessarily the same thing.

16 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

As it happens her real name is Poster. A shoo-in 🙂

Up The Junction Adrienne Posta 11x17inch (28x43cm) Mini Poster ...

The best i can come up with Smithy.

On 01/07/2020 at 19:59, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's offered a damn sight more balanced insight than most on here, you and me included.

• Like 2

Surprised there are no awards for 1) Got to have the last word and 2) Multiple account holder.

For that second award my understanding from what i read on here is that Waveney would be given a run for his money. 😜

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surprised there are no awards for 1) Got to have the last word and 2) Multiple account holder.

For that second award my understanding from what i read on here is that Waveney would be given a run for his money. 😜

Got to have the last word award, could that be the man who always answers a question with a question or his greatest admirer? Morty is back though and won that 6 years running. 

On 29/06/2020 at 16:58, wcorkcanary said:

Dont go raisin our hopes. 

Whenever I click on this thread and see this post I sing it to myself to the tune of "don't go breaking my heart"....

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2020 at 14:49, Nuff Said said:

I thought 'Delia is holding us back' was given a lifetime achievement award as longest running repeated post of the year and pensioned off?

Ok then , Godfrey is holding us back and lets play Delia in midfield.

18 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Oh please no, surely not.

Have always thought TvB is very Mortyesque in his posting style, disagree with him and prepare yourself for a tirade of insults, if you manage to put him on the spot with a question , he will deny seeing it or claim to be too busy with things too important to have time to amswer. 

Boy, Boy I say Boy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Got to have the last word award, could that be the man who always answers a question with a question or his greatest admirer? Morty is back though and won that 6 years running. 

I believe very much that I served my apprenticeship on this forum in engaging with Morty! I recall didn't he have the Doc as his avatar with a geographical location of the North Sea?

He was quite considered and kind most of the time and always engaged with me. Yet I had to mind my words. Unfortunately, he would 'spar' with one or two and posts would go awry quickly and painfully.

I've no problems with anyone.

Edited by sonyc

On 28/06/2020 at 15:17, Uncle Fred said:

4) most positive poster of the year 

5) miserablist of the year

Lakley for both. I've never seen someone jump to "We've going to finish in the Top 4 of the Premiership" after he was scolding people during the last couple of games in the Championship season, especially when we only needed a point from out last two games.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Have always thought TvB is very Mortyesque in his posting style, disagree with him and prepare yourself for a tirade of insults, if you manage to put him on the spot with a question , he will deny seeing it or claim to be too busy with things too important to have time to amswer. 

Boy, Boy I say Boy.

He’s most definitely not Morty, Corkio. From his post that called out another City supporter as someone not as worthy to comment on such NCFC matters as himself suggests to me that he suffers slightly more than just delusions of grandeur. It was probably the most tw@tish thing I’ve ever read on here.

Which is probably the reason he has had a couple of digs at an excellent poster in Parma. He doesn’t like someone having a better grasp of the mechanics of football than himself... in other words, jealousy. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He’s most definitely not Morty, Corkio. From his post that called out another City supporter as someone not as worthy to comment on such NCFC matters as himself suggests to me that he suffers slightly more than just delusions of grandeur. It was probably the most tw@tish thing I’ve ever read on here.

Which is probably the reason he has had a couple of digs at an excellent poster in Parma. He doesn’t like someone having a better grasp of the mechanics of football than himself... in other words, jealousy. 

I do so love his trend of:

- Start a thread asking opinions

- Argue with everyone who has an opinion he doesn't agree with

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ok then , Godfrey is holding us back and lets play Delia in midfield.

Not sure our results would be much worse.