Sign in to follow this  

Thought he was absolutely superb this evening. Should have been MOM. Will be a lot of competition for his signature at the end of the season. Would not be surprised to see him alongside MaGuire at United next year.

Be very sad to see him go but I can only see him getting better and better as he matures. England player in the making?

I thought he already was a united player for a minute till i saw the reply! He's a class act like a few of our players at the moment. Ill be sad when they inevitably go but for the first time in a while there seem to be replacements ready to step up. I can't remember the academy being so productive. 

He was excellent but noticeable how a few of our young guns save their best displays for the big, showpiece games on tv. Clearly inspires them!

Completely agree with the OP. Godfrey was absolutely superb this evening. Some people raised their eyebrows when Farke said that Godfrey "could become a world class centre back", but looking at his performance this evening you could see what Farke was getting at. Experience of games like tonight's is like gold dust for a young player and their development and it's just great to see players like Godfrey, Cantwell, Aarons, Lewis and Buendia getting that experience with us. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Completely agree with the OP. Godfrey was absolutely superb this evening. Some people raised their eyebrows when Farke said that Godfrey "could become a world class centre back", but looking at his performance this evening you could see what Farke was getting at. Experience of games like tonight's is like gold dust for a young player and their development and it's just great to see players like Godfrey, Cantwell, Aarons, Lewis and Buendia getting that experience with us. 

He really does have the attributes. His mobility and strength are obvious, but he's actually decent on the ball and has a good all round game.

Would not be at all surprised to see him in an England shirt at some point in his career.