Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Arsenal Wednesday evening.

Down to just one central defender now, for the Arsenal game at least, but weirdly, even though I think we’d all agree this has almost certainly hindered us further, strangely I actually feel far more optimistic about this game now than I did before the match tonight. Hopefully it’ll give us a last minute shot in the arm and remind us that we do have it in ourselves to be more resolute and organised than perhaps we’ve shown. The biggest thing I feel that we’ve been lacking more than anything since the season restarted is confidence, and we might just take something from tonight’s display which so far none of Bournemouth, Villa or West Ham have shown either.

Arsenal seem very Jekyll and Hyde right now, wouldn’t it just be sods law that we go there and throw a cat amongst the pigeons down at the bottom...

It’s going to force Farke’s hand in terms of a change of CM personnel or formation.

He’ll either have to drop Tettey into defence and play a more attacking midfield, which could work given Arsenal’s defensive issues. Or possibly go to with a back three of Aaron’s, Godfrey and Lewis with wingbacks of maybe Hernandez and Rupp? Or the young lad, Jordan Thomas is it? 

It’ll be interesting to see what he does. Agree that hopefully last night was the shot in the arm required.

• Like 1

I like Clint’s idea, but I think Yellow Green Army will be correct in predicted selection. Dare I say it, but Onel the last 2 games looks like he’s really developing into a player cut from the Traore cloth at Wolves. His surging runs and close control have caused some real issues I’ve noticed these last 2 games in particular. Traore took time to get where he is now, and I think Onel is going the same route thankfully for us. One to watch.

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Famewo is back, did well in the SPL.

Don’t think he’s eligible, Teemu? But could be completely wrong!

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Don’t think he’s eligible, Teemu? But could be completely wrong!

He is but surely if Scotland cancel everything then that is no fault of Norwich and he should be able to play. FA rules are weird sometimes

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I like Clint’s idea, but I think Yellow Green Army will be correct in predicted selection. Dare I say it, but Onel the last 2 games looks like he’s really developing into a player cut from the Traore cloth at Wolves. His surging runs and close control have caused some real issues I’ve noticed these last 2 games in particular. Traore took time to get where he is now, and I think Onel is going the same route thankfully for us. One to watch.

Although eclipsed by all the devastating defensive injuries I think Onel's knee problem was just as disastrous.

Credit to Onel, in previous seasons he has been a bit in the Lee Croft mode, some great surging runs, good to scare the opposition but not often productive. I thought the championship was his level but what we have seen of him suggests he really might be up to the PL. Goes to show what I know, maybe Vrancic is a world beater too! A shame he couldn’t get more playing time, but should be a real weapon next season.

And Ian Wright likes him. After listening to his Desert Island Discs anything he says is OK with me.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Although eclipsed by all the devastating defensive injuries I think Onel's knee problem was just as disastrous.

The injuries are worth taking into account, they won’t do anyone any favours at the end of the day. But touch wood he’s since moved into a bungalow, I like what I’ve seen from him these last couple of games, he looks well up for it!

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

The injuries are worth taking into account, they won’t do anyone any favours at the end of the day. But touch wood he’s since moved into a bungalow, I like what I’ve seen from him these last couple of games, he looks well up for it!

Is that true? 😂😂😂

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Is that true? 😂😂😂

Ha ha, no I’m just hoping! 🤞🏼🚫🚑

• Like 1