Sign in to follow this  
Dave B

City shares (& your own financial committments)?!

I wonder how many other City fans there are out there thinking similar to me on this??
I bought shares for my 2 sons last time around and have plenty of financial comittments myself, Mortgage, bills etc.etc. without the additional (Huge) Xmas "layout"!
But still, and even with an ever-growing credit-card debt, if "Worthy" manages to pull off the "Unbelievable" and sign-up Huckerby then I''m gonna dig deep again into my pockets for some more shares, hey, I might even buy them for myself this time. Sad really, but I almost feel as though I owe it to NCFC as "gratitude" for (hopefully) signing him up.
Might cause World-War 3 at home, but I guess I''ll tackle that if-and-when it happens!!

Good for you mate. Yes, i certainly hope that plenty of people are thinking along those lines as it must be quite rare that fans get an opportunity to ''buy promotion''! O.k. this may be a slightly OTT statement,but after yesterday i cant help but look at it this way.
Personally, i sent off my cheque the moment Man.City accepted our bid for Hux as to me, simply the fact that the board have got the guts+ambition to ''sieze the moment'' and take a financial gamble to keep the ball rolling, is deserving of as much support as can be mustered. It is an obvious and exciting break from years of negativity+''small-club'' thinking. We already have 16,500 season-ticket holders-i wonder how many more will sign up if Hux signs?!

Me to mate... Could inveriably give NW even more room for manueverability in the transfer market. Even after DH Signs!

With the momentum well and truely in full swing adding to the squad/defence for the run in would i''m sure, reap real divedents.

I know its a BIG ASK of our allready streched resources! But investing in our wonderfull club now could well prove money well spent.

ps.Looks like World-War 3, and 4 are on there way!!!

My cheque is just waiting for a stamp, anyone got one. Not going Boxing Day I''ll watch it down the pub, but I''ll be in the Fair City on 27/12 buying the youngster a new City Shirt and a Foxy Chick top, she is a girl. Will also invest in Season Ticket. Cannot make up mind 2 in Family or 1 in new South Stand. Little un will probably want to go swimming anyway, rather than go to footy with the old man.

What a wonderful dilemma.

Just in case you doubt my commitment re Boxing Day, a 200 mile round trip for each Canary Jaunt shows my commitment, gives others a chance to witness a phenomenom.

Hey Thanx for your replies guys, it sure is good to know I''m not the only out there with my "thoughts"!

David
Dont be selfish and buy the shares for yourself buy them for your wife and hold them in trust for her. She will appreciate the thought better than those diamond earings or holiday you promised her. Promise her a treat next year in London for next year say it will be a surprise. There are plenty of places to visit Chelsea, White Hart Lane, Craven Cottage etc.
PS I know a good divorce lawyer and shares are not just for Christmas they are for life.