Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Tim Krul

How many more saves can he make in any game

He should have been the MoM, not that donkey Maquire

• Like 3

Love how much he’s grown over the season. At the start with Fahrmann arriving and lot of fans still unconvinced about him it could have been so different, but he’s absolutely solidified himself as our No1 and has done little wrong this campaign. His performance has often been the only thing keeping us in games. Hope he stays and sees out his career.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All Maguire did was score a goal. That was it.

The pro  Man United bias is real.

I think a lot of it comes from in televised games there seems to be this thing where MoM has to go to someone in the winning team.

Honestly you’re right, he did nothing but score. And most in a red shirt were well below par.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To be fair he did block the Rupp goalbound effort in the 1st half but I agree Krul should have got it.

He turned his back and it hit his foot

a better judgement would be the number of misplaced passes he made through the game

Krul was man of the match for me, no question. Jamal right up there too. Man Utd were extremely lucky that they managed to salvage it 3 minutes before Tim was about to flex his water bottle 🍼

• Like 4

He's quality. A matchwinner on his day.

All those who said Fahrmann was coming in as No 1 should eat there words. Hope we can keep him for our 2020-2021 promotion tour 

17 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To be fair he did block the Rupp goalbound effort in the 1st half but I agree Krul should have got it.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

He turned his back and it hit his foot

a better judgement would be the number of misplaced passes he made through the game

The poster said Maguire did nothing except score. He did. He blocked a goalbound shot but Krul should have been MOTM

Absolutely agree, Krul was outstanding. Let's just hope he doesn't attract any big offers over the summer. 32 is no age for a goalie, he's got five seasons at the top level ahead of him if he keeps his drive and motivation. He would be incredibly difficult to replace, both on and off the pitch. POTS all day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Krul was man of the match for me, no question. Jamal right up there too. Man Utd were extremely lucky that they managed to salvage it 3 minutes before Tim was about to flex his water bottle 🍼

Spot on 👍

• Thanks 1

Man U bias all the way as usual from the beeb. 

They couldn't even acknowledge Cantwell's (2nd in line for POTS) strike without putting it down to goalkeeping error.

Krul was outstanding though. Whether he stays might depend on if he has ambition to play for the Netherlands again. He's easily good enough. 

• Like 1

He has become a one of the best keepers in the country in the short time since his free transfer. 

Much credit to Tim and the club for showing so much faith. 

BBC have Krul as MotM.

2 minutes away from a penalty shoot-out and then I think Norwich would have had a good chance.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Man U bias all the way as usual from the beeb. 

They couldn't even acknowledge Cantwell's (2nd in line for POTS) strike without putting it down to goalkeeping error.

Krul was outstanding though. Whether he stays might depend on if he has ambition to play for the Netherlands again. He's easily good enough. 

Agree with all, but I think your last point could be very telling unfortunately. Euro’s next summer and he will have his eyes on them, which we couldn’t blame him for either. 

Tim Krul was immense today. As were Godfrey, Cantwell, the full backs and Onel when he came on. A much, much better performance. Just hope that Teemu can get back to match fitness, as he looks way off.

But in fairness, I though Maguire played very well for them. He was quite colossal for most the game and took an opportunity to move forward when we went down to 10 men. All subjective though isn’t it?

1 minute ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Krul was the Sky Sports MotM (according to the match report on the website)

Maguire was awful, looked like a donkey with bad ball control, and passing - but then if a player kicks the ball at you from a few feet away when you have your back to him, that surely qualifies you for man of the match 😂

15 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Tim Krul was immense today. As were Godfrey, Cantwell, the full backs and Onel when he came on. A much, much better performance. Just hope that Teemu can get back to match fitness, as he looks way off.

But in fairness, I though Maguire played very well for them. He was quite colossal for most the game and took an opportunity to move forward when we went down to 10 men. All subjective though isn’t it?

I also thought Maguire was solid & commanding throughout, but Krul should have shaded it. It's a tough one to take after such a brave performance. For a spell in the second half we looked more likely to go on and win in in the 90. Krul must be the most disappointed man in Norfolk as we would probably have pulled it off had we not conceded so late. United must be mighty relieved to have gotten out of jail. 

Don't like to be pointing fingers after such an improved & battling display but both goals were avoidable and once again resulted from some fairly weak & naive defending. Klose sliced at the first and it fell kindly for Ighalo, then he got schooled by the same for the red. Godfrey hacked the ball across his own goal for the second and it was cruel to see Maguire get a boot on it before even one of Tettey, Lewis or Aarons could get it away. 

Although ultimately fruitless, it was heartening to see the grit, the togetherness, the will to put bodies on the line and to simply be competitive. We couldn't have asked for more effort. The red card probably turned the game. Well done to the lads! Bit of pride restored - not many gave us a chance going into the game! Still a tough one to take though.

41 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

He has become a one of the best keepers in the country in the short time since his free transfer.  

Please remember that he played for the 3rd place team in the World Cup four years before joining us, he was always a top keeper - what we did do though was give him the opportunity to show that again, when other teams seemed to see him as a number 2 after a very serious injury.

He's repaid that faith many times over now! 

I actually think he's the best keeper we've had since I started watching in 1992, despite us having been blessed with some excellent ones. I mean, Greeno was great but his kicking was atrocious. Bryan Gunn was great but struggled to get down low to the corners sometimes, so did Ruddy. Forster and Gunn Jr were very good but their inexperience showed at times when with us as they were young and still developing at the time.

When looking at the whole package Krul is the most well rounded of the lot. 

Can't comment on Woods, Keelan etc as before my time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Please remember that he played for the 3rd place team in the World Cup four years before joining us, he was always a top keeper - what we did do though was give him the opportunity to show that again, when other teams seemed to see him as a number 2 after a very serious injury.

He's repaid that faith many times over now! 

I actually think he's the best keeper we've had since I started watching in 1992, despite us having been blessed with some excellent ones. I mean, Greeno was great but his kicking was atrocious. Bryan Gunn was great but struggled to get down low to the corners sometimes, so did Ruddy. Forster and Gunn Jr were very good but their inexperience showed at times when with us as they were young and still developing at the time.

When looking at the whole package Krul is the most well rounded of the lot. 

Can't comment on Woods, Keelan etc as before my time. 

I started off thinking you were going overboard but it's getting harder to disagree.

What a signing he has been and it's an important note to fans not to write players off too soon. Some did a few games into his  ncfc career - some said pre season he needed replacing immediately for the prem.

• Like 3

Krul had a fair number of saves to make, but there wasn’t one that you wouldn’t have expected a competent keeper to pull off.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Krul had a fair number of saves to make, but there wasn’t one that you wouldn’t have expected a competent keeper to pull off.

That header in extra time? Are you kidding? That was world class to claw that back out after seeing it late.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But with the consistency that Tim’s shown over the season? We haven’t had a keeper I’ve thought wasn’t worthy since Theo, but they were always vulnerable. I can’t think of many games this season that Tim’s mistakes have lost us.

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Maguires header was an excellent save