Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Play like that in the Championship and we finish as Champions next season

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Might just be the drink getting too me, but despite the loss that was a bit of an improvement wasnt it?

There was belief again - you could see the confidence returning with every minute they played. It's been a bruising season which will have mentally taken its toll.

OTBC

Next season depends entirely what happens in the break. Keep Farke, keep Webber, keep most of our best players, add some squad improving additions and most importantly keep the team spirit and belief and we have no excuses not to compete for top spot next year.

Under these owners it’s clear what will happen. We’ll sell all our players, make a huge profit and then miraculously we’ll still be skint. We’ll sack Farke after dropping to 19th after a bright start. We’ll bring in a club legend as manager, must be Huckerby’s turn. We’ll get relegated to League One. Max Aaron’s signs for Kings Lynn. Can no longer afford Cat1 status. Youth is scrapped. Relegated to League Two. Sultan of Brunei offers to buy the club but Delia says we’re not for sale. Neil Doncaster back as chairman. Conference. Season tickets remain at 20,000 because they’re all accepting mediocrity. PinkUn forum explodes. Club folds. Phoenix club forms as Norwich1010 in honour of Chairman. 

Mark my words. You heard it here first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Next season depends entirely what happens in the break. Keep Farke, keep Webber, keep most of our best players, add some squad improving additions and most importantly keep the team spirit and belief and we have no excuses not to compete for top spot next year.

I think that has been the plan since they arrived

My though has always been that we went up too early, or more a case of unexpectedly

Had we had followed the 'numpty' route and thrown every penny possible at staying up then relegation would have been a huge financial blow as the previous time - as it appears most of those numpties don't seem to grasp that parachute payments are only for 2 years, not three.... with year two being only around £30m. Not an amount to meet the likely wage bill.

So for the said numpties I would point towards the dozen, and more clubs who followed that route and now find themselves stick in the Championship, or worse L1

We will continue to develop players at next to nothing and grow stronger each season.. And I have no doubt that we will see another cracking Championship season, so why the complaints ? Was the football not excellent to watch. Was the atmosphere and general buzz around the club not a 'wonder to behold' ?

We won't tumble down into oblivion like Stoke, Swansea, Boro etc

the club is in a healthy position both on and off the pitch, so enjoy and tell the moaners to Fark Orf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Expectations will be to win the league again, but tonight showed as a great underdog battling on the ropes. It's whether we can handle that expectation of having to win and reach a 100 pts that will be the test.

Play like that v Everton and we would have taken 3 points. Having said that DF was resting his best players so we got what we deserved. 

Another trophy in the cabinet, another open top coach parade and another great season of winning football

time to head to poorman road to get away from all that - a snooze among the empty seats with the aroma of the farmyard wafting around the empty stadium

It’s a tricky one because in the championship we won’t need to play like that - we will be able to be more open. Tonight we were solid and played well on the counter. To win the championship we’ll need to dictate more. But in the prem tonight was the sort of performance that would have kept us up had we put more in like this over the last year.

I doubt we would be able to make much headway in the PL next season, at this stage of the club's development

So better a season in the Ch, than another 'rear guard action in the PL

Time is on our side

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

It’s a tricky one because in the championship we won’t need to play like that - we will be able to be more open. Tonight we were solid and played well on the counter. To win the championship we’ll need to dictate more. But in the prem tonight was the sort of performance that would have kept us up had we put more in like this over the last year.

Agreed. It was similar to the way we battled against Man City. Don't know why we didn't do it more often especially in those games that we really ought not to have lost. Guess it's not the Farke way of playing.

the key for next season is mood.

on paper we have great team for championship but if we keep buendia pukki etc etc and they are unhappy we already see this movie under Alex Niel imo

It depends on who is still with us ext year. I would expect Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell to move. Will their replacements be up to scratch? The future may be yellow ....... perhaps.

22 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

It depends on who is still with us ext year. I would expect Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell to move. Will their replacements be up to scratch? The future may be yellow ....... perhaps.

I’m not sure all three will personally. It’s going to be a weird transfer window as all clubs will have holes in their finances.

Byram is a good enough replacement for Aaron’s if he’s fit in time, any other position we sell anyone from we need to go shopping.

Love the way people are so keen for us to be Champions next season so we can come up and make all the same mistakes again.

Because we will.

• Like 2

How we do next season will depend entirely on who we manage to keep this summer. The board has said that they don’t think we will need to sell, although I’m still convinced we will end up selling some of our best players but if we manage to keep the majority of the first team I do believe we should do quite well. Once we are officially relegated I would like Farke to use any remaining fixtures to try out new tactics, so if we do go straight back up he might have some ideas of how to play in the PL

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

If he carries on like this Pukki’s going nowhere

Pukki doesn't look happy to me.

The main thing to take from tonight is the players still putting the effort in, having that determination and responding to how Farke has set them up. That bodes well for next season. Lets hope we manage to end the season on a couple good performances and hopefully wins as that'll do the squad the world of good.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Pukki doesn't look happy to me.

sad but true, 2020 hasn't been kind to him. He needs better service and/or one to go in off his backside. Hope he's still on board next year

We’ll be in a good place next season whatever league we’re in. I bet Aston Villa and West Ham won’t be though.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

I doubt we would be able to make much headway in the PL next season, at this stage of the club's development

So better a season in the Ch, than another 'rear guard action in the PL

Time is on our side

What happens if we get promoted again? Do we go cheap and play the “too early” status again?

Them T-Shirts are rollin' off that printing machine as we arise on this fine morning....."On Loan To The Endsleigh League!"....

Much improved performance yesterday without the pressure of league points. That said 1 shot on goal tells a tale. Anyones guess what squad we will have on the first day of next season there will be a lot of comings and goings. If our recruitment is as good as the start of the last championship season i will be very optimistic if it is as good as the start of last season playoffs will be  absolute best. We have a very good crop of youngsters waiting to be blooded, far better to do so at championship level, how well they do will go a long way towards  success or otherwise