Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Season over

Credit to the lads for a better performance tonight (not that the bar was set high after Southampton and Everton) but the same old problems, can’t defend and toothless up front. Season is now effectively over, another season that promised so much when we got promoted but was effectively undone by a lack of investment (regardless of why that was) and a lack of depth in a squad ravaged by injuries. I think we’ve reached the limit of what we can achieve under this ownership, some people will be happy with that, some will see the opportunity for the club so be so much more.

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Credit to the lads for a better performance tonight (not that the bar was set high after Southampton and Everton) but the same old problems, can’t defend and toothless up front. Season is now effectively over, another season that promised so much when we got promoted but was effectively undone by a lack of investment (regardless of why that was) and a lack of depth in a squad ravaged by injuries. I think we’ve reached the limit of what we can achieve under this ownership, some people will be happy with that, some will see the opportunity for the club so be so much more.

At least they showed fight and passion tonight. Much better all round. Poor decision making by klose and the ref cost us badly. I thought Red was harsh personally.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Show me the money and I’ll show you the ambition

Nobody

Wants

To

Buy

Us

get that in your head lad

Nobody wants to buy that which is not for sale. If Delia put the club up for sale publicly and nobody came in, your argument would stand. But when the owners have stated multiple times that they will not entertain offers and want to hand the club down to their (penniless) nephew, of course nobody is going to bother making any enquiries.

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Nobody wants to buy that which is not for sale. If Delia put the club up for sale publicly and nobody came in, your argument would stand. But when the owners have stated multiple times that they will not entertain offers and want to hand the club down to their (penniless) nephew, of course nobody is going to bother making any enquiries.

Everything’s for sale, you don’t have to put the club on Rightmove, genius.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I hope you have your tin hat ready CW as you won't get away with that. 😜

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Couldn’t disagree more about the defending, were we watching the same game?! For nearly 120 minutes we made life very difficult indeed for United tonight, so I fail to see how you can level that at them today. And consequently, down to 10 men, it was hardly surprising we didn’t throw the kitchen sink at them in extra time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

At least they showed fight and passion tonight. Much better all round. Poor decision making by klose and the ref cost us badly. I thought Red was harsh personally. 

If Klose doesn't drag him down, he is one on one for a last minute winner. After Klose got turned, he had to bring him down. 

No attempt to play the ball and hence a red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

Agreed on the fight and passion though, even if I think it's frustrating taken until the cup game to see it (after the restart) . 

Edited by HertsCanary93
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roman Ibrahmovich : “I want to buy Chelsea so much but I don’t think they are for sale, oh well, guess I’ll just sit here with my money and wait for it to become available”

Edited by The Real Buh

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Can't defend? That's what you took from that game? Yes, it's been a problem all season but the defensive effort in that match was heroic at times. Other teams would have shipped four or five with 11 on the pitch. We conceded two goals that both required huge slices of fortune for Man U. One of which we had one recognised CB on the field, and it's questionable whether that's his best position. 

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

If Klose doesn't drag him down, he is one on one for a last minute equaliser. After Klose got turned, he had to bring him down. 

No attempt to play the ball and hence a red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

Agreed on the fight and passion though, even if I think it's frustrating taken until the cup game to see it. 

Immediately and just before that incident Godfrey committed a poor foul, which the ref clearly saw  he was on the spot  but choose not to give that, but gave the klose foul and a red card. It was harsh and poor refereeing.

It didn't take long for the usual whiners to come crawling out

'If we had more money... baa baa... whine whine whine'

This season is part of a long term plan to turn the club round. The number of youngsters on the pitch in yellow showed how that is working. It will not happen over night like you seem to expect.

If you don't like it, then tough.

And spare us the endless child like wailing, and grizzling

Norwich are too stable a club to be a good investment. People buy clubs when they are an absolute state, because then the risk is lower and growth can be larger. Factor in that we aren’t a fashionable club, a London club etc and that’s why nobody is knocking on the door. If you have some business sense about you you’d understand that.

• Like 4

We are a crap investment opportunity which is why no one wants to buy us. For the risks associated in football our glass ceiling makes us a completely illogical purchase unless we fall into the third tier again.

The difference tonight ultimately was a good premier quality CB, which could have resulted in both ‘soft’ goals being prevented. 

Someone like Gary Cahill, who I believe was a free transfer.

This has been the difference all season as well.

Edited by Clint

5 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Immediately and just before that incident Godfrey committed a poor foul, which the ref clearly saw  he was on the spot  but choose not to give that, but gave the klose foul and a red card. It was harsh and poor refereeing.

You could argue he played the advantage after the foul by Godfrey. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't have been completely unfair to have gone back and retrospectively booked Godfrey. 

If that happened on Drmic in the 88th minute, I would blow my lid if the Man Utd player didn't get sent off. 

21 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Show me the money and I’ll show you the ambition

Nobody

Wants

To

Buy

Us

get that in your head lad

How do you know?

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

How do you know?

Because if someone was even remotely serious it would have leaked. 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Couldn't afford his wages ...even on a free. 

His wages would have broken the whole wage structure.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good performance, much to be proud of, but.......

THE SEASON IS NOT OVER PLEASE GET THAT IN TO YOUR THICK HEADS!

We would all like to think not ldc, but with no klose and with our current  position and our form over the whole  season so far leads me to think that I will remain one of the thick ones you speak of in suggesting the season is indeed over.

31 minutes ago, Clint said:

The difference tonight ultimately was a good premier quality CB, which could have resulted in both ‘soft’ goals being prevented. 

Someone like Gary Cahill, who I believe was a free transfer.

This has been the difference all season as well.

Yeah, why didn't we just sign Gary Cahill? Bet his wages would've been a snip and it's not like he'd attract the interest of an established Premier League club.

Hang on a minute...

50 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Sorry mate, but that's absolute nonsense. Have you ever refereed a game before?

Moss saw the foul by Godfrey, on a player facing away from goal, then waited a second to see how play would evolve. He saw a United striker peeling away for a clear run on goal, then Klose dragged him down - possibly thinking that the first foul would be given.

The referee did everything correctly to give the advantage to the attacking team, which is what he should do. It was an excellent piece of refereeing.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope you have your tin hat ready CW as you won't get away with that. 😜

Too right he won't.

One of our best defensive performances. I'd hate to come off the pitch to read that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Because if someone was even remotely serious it would have leaked. 

They said before that they had knocked back interest. That never made the news. AlthoughbFernandez interest did.

Like for me, well I'd let it be known. If I had the money and was turned away I'd shout from the rooftops. But there are some shrinking violets who'd just scurry off with their tails between their legs.

Fernandez...

That was a bullet dodged. Talk about a club not progressing....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Roman Ibrahmovich : “I want to buy Chelsea so much but I don’t think they are for sale, oh well, guess I’ll just sit here with my money and wait for it to become available”

Actually Chelsea had been looking for investment for 18 months before Abramovich came along. Ken Bates wanted to sell as he thought he had taken then as far as he could

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8213831/Roman-Abramovich-REJECTED-buying-Tottenham-purchasing-Chelsea.html

Edited by JF

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Actually Chelsea had been looking for investment for 18 months before Abramovich came along. Ken Bates wanted to sell as he thought he had taken then as far as he could

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8213831/Roman-Abramovich-REJECTED-buying-Tottenham-purchasing-Chelsea.html

You know exactly what I was trying to say, don’t be pedantic 

56411560-5BF8-4038-AF8D-C27C4CDDF4DF.png

Just now, The Real Buh said:

You know exactly what I was trying to say, don’t be pedantic 

56411560-5BF8-4038-AF8D-C27C4CDDF4DF.png

Factual isn’t pedantic...