Thought Rudd played very well last night.

id try him In the middle v Arsenal given Tettey will be at CB

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Herman said:

And he's not a racist.😀

Probably had his best game yesterday, but hes still crap! Rupp, Duda, mclean, drmich, trybul, leitner,klose, all not good enough for next season.

Godfrey was immence.

16 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He played well tonight. I think his performance, and that of the team, showed why he started instead of Hernandez. He provides a far better balance.

But why did he start and not Mario? Mario can do the same job and has far more skill. Really don't understand why Mario gets pushed down the pecking order. 

Rupp grew into the game last night. I have to admit I'm not convinced by him, but I'd actually have left him on the pitch. It might have been due to his first half performance where I think he gave the ball away in simple situations 3-4 times after working hard to win it. One thing he does do is work hard to get himself in the right places.

Rupp fitted the system better than vrancic, who should have come on instead of Duda (anyone other than Duda actually). I feel a bit more positive that he will contribute next year.

Vrancic can be rash and dive into challenges which when you're playing on the edge of your own penalty area would have been dangerous. I do rate him though, it's a shame we haven't been on the front foot enough to use him more.

1 minute ago, Thumbbass said:

Rupp grew into the game last night. I have to admit I'm not convinced by him, but I'd actually have left him on the pitch. It might have been due to his first half performance where I think he gave the ball away in simple situations 3-4 times after working hard to win it. One thing he does do is work hard to get himself in the right places.

Rupp fitted the system better than vrancic, who should have come on instead of Duda (anyone other than Duda actually). I feel a bit more positive that he will contribute next year.

Vrancic can be rash and dive into challenges which when you're playing on the edge of your own penalty area would have been dangerous. I do rate him though, it's a shame we haven't been on the front foot enough to use him more.

Yeah I still dont understand how Farke could have looked at Dudas performace against Everton, which I woud argue was one of the worst player performances I have seen this season, and then decided to sub him on when he could have stuck vrancic in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

But why did he start and not Mario? Mario can do the same job and has far more skill. Really don't understand why Mario gets pushed down the pecking order. 

Eh?

Vrancic and Rupp are very different players, I don't think you'd play Vrancic to do the same job as Rupp did last night.

We had a clear plan to press Man U high up the pitch and Rupp helps that because he's got the energy and the legs. Vrancic doesn't.

• Like 3

I said it in a thread yesterday that I'm not sure what Rupps best position is, but I suggested imo he might play best alongside Tettery in the middle.

I don't think he should start in the three behind Pukki. He had his best game for us and got better as the game progressed, but I think, and it's just my opinion, he's a better defensive midfielder than Trybull, and would prefer Rupp sits in the middle with Tettey, and push Maclean further up with Cantwell & Buendia (so as to give us some height up front)

Suspect Tettey will now play in defence against Arsenal, so think Rupp might get the nod with Maclean next to him

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah I still dont understand how Farke could have looked at Dudas performace against Everton, which I woud argue was one of the worst player performances I have seen this season, and then decided to sub him on when he could have stuck vrancic in

Yes, it was annoying to see all those wasted set pieces, but then Duda does offer something more than just set pieces - a toughness that maybe Vrancic is not perceived to have. I don't know why Vrancic doesn't get more minutes, his class made all the difference last season on so many occasions, that you would think he would be given more time on the pitch.  It could be that he is seen as more of a luxury player at this level and we cannot afford to have luxury players on the pitch, but boy would I like to see him taking some set pieces this season.  I noticed Duda took a set piece against Man Utd and he over hit that, so I would be quite happy if someone else took them from now on.

Edited by lake district canary

8 hours ago, king canary said:

Eh?

Vrancic and Rupp are very different players, I don't think you'd play Vrancic to do the same job as Rupp did last night.

We had a clear plan to press Man U high up the pitch and Rupp helps that because he's got the energy and the legs. Vrancic doesn't.

Agreed, I'm a  Vrancic fan , pure class and sublime skill, a midfield Berbartov but Rupp  is a totally different player , much more useful in the initial  stages of a game v man u.  Would have loved to see Mario  come in after we equalised  but hey, there was no way he was gonna come on with us down to ten. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

I don't know if it's the same for anyone else but for me it's not Rupp and Duda's performances that frustrate me, it's that all year we have been crying out desperately for players with more pace. height, power and an arrogant edge that means they don't panic when through on goal.  With these two players it almost seems like we haven't learned anything or are willfully ignoring or are in denial of our shortcomings. 

Neither of these two are bad players and Rupp had a pretty good game yesterday, but we're already well stocked with players like this and we didn't need two more  players in the mould who aren't much better than what we already have. 

If we didn't have money to waste on a slight upgrade at CB last summer we shouldn't have been wasting money in January on a slight like for like upgrade to our attacking midfield options. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else but it's the decisions to sign Rupp and Duda in the first place that frustrate me, not their performances. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:52, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We were already 1-0 down by that time so the dynamic of the game had changed. 

Based on the first 45, in which we matched United, I'd say Farke got it right tonight. 

Which coincided with United having easily their worst team to play here for 30 years on the pitch.

Re-Rupp, hes just unfashionable. Not going to score many, not going to do anything spectacular but works hard everygame and thats overlooked.

Edited by CDMullins

21 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Probably had his best game yesterday, but hes still crap! Rupp, Duda, mclean, drmich, trybul, leitner,klose, all not good enough for next season.

Godfrey was immence.

You are full of insightful football knowledge aren't you?

Regardless - Mclean, Trybull, Leitner and Klose have all been good enough in the championship before so I'm not sure why they're suddenly a write-off now - especially Leitner who hasn't even played to prove you right / wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

You are full of insightful football knowledge aren't you?

Regardless - Mclean, Trybull, Leitner and Klose have all been good enough in the championship before so I'm not sure why they're suddenly a write-off now - especially Leitner who hasn't even played to prove you right / wrong.

hogsear youre a plonker!

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

hogsear youre a plonker!

I'm starting to warm to you.