Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

3.5m what a waste of ...............

Worthy and the board have totally lost the plot. 3.5 million pounds for earnshaw is a silly amount of money to pay for what is only a good championship player.has anyone actually watched earnshaw? his ball control is terrible and he ain''t great in the air...not sure if the board are brave or stupid (know the one i''d pick!) but they are backing a poor manager to the total destruction of this football club.kiss goodbye to any chance of the play-offs.WORTHY OUTp.s i''ll still cheer every goal he scores!

"only a good championship player"

Scored 52 in two seasons for Cardiff, then 14 in the Premiership without a starting place every week. Not bad stats, and if that carries on here money well spent I''d say. (Considering we just sold Ashton for 7.5million...)

NO NO NO

You are wrong!

Earnshaw is the NAME that a lot of Norwich Fans need.

If they would have bought a load of nobodies or loans then he would have people like yourself all over ''em

Earnshaw is: Quick, Shows passion for the game (which is what we are lacking a lot of), proven striker and can score in the prem.

Yes he''s not the best looking bloke and his celedrations are a bit too much BUT so what! I''m not GAY and if he''s scores I don''t care what he does after the goal.

This move MAY, just may give us a play-off spot. And a final at Wembley with Earny scoreing the winner. I''ll settle for that any day!

p.s. i''ll cheer every goal he scores as well!

Cheers

i am betting he will end up better than ashton. he has a good record at

all levels up to international and he has the pace we have been

lacking, time will tell but i would say we have spent well imo.

Actually it''s £2.75 million. The rest is based on various criteria. I think that is a fair price and the fact he scored 14 goals in the prem last season for a team struggling at the bottom of the league says that he is far better than an average Champ striker! Good signing, fair price - well done the club!!!

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

NO NO NO

You are wrong!

Earnshaw is the NAME that a lot of Norwich Fans need.

If they would have bought a load of nobodies or loans then he would have people like yourself all over ''em

Earnshaw is: Quick, Shows passion for the game (which is what we are lacking a lot of), proven striker and can score in the prem.

Yes he''s not the best looking bloke and his celedrations are a bit too much BUT so what! I''m not GAY and if he''s scores I don''t care what he does after the goal.

This move MAY, just may give us a play-off spot. And a final at Wembley with Earny scoreing the winner. I''ll settle for that any day!

p.s. i''ll cheer every goal he scores as well!

Cheers

[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more. Earnshaw is the spark to explode Norwich''s Season back into play off hopes!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]i am betting he will end up better than ashton. he has a good record at all levels up to international and he has the pace we have been lacking, time will tell but i would say we have spent well imo.
[/quote]

I think your right. I think Earnshaw will better Ashton and hopefully be more commited

think he is a good signing-dont knock him til youve seen him a few times in the yellow and green!!

one problem though where is the sevice going to come from?

we could have wayne rooney in the team and not score with the likes of etuhu-jarret and hughes!

[quote user="Tom_NCFC"]

I couldn''t agree more. Earnshaw is the spark to explode Norwich''s Season back into play off hopes!!!

[/quote]

Cheers ..... Tom_NCFC

We know it makes sense. Roll-on Ipshit game!

[quote user="Jamie Wright"]

"only a good championship player"

Scored 52 in two seasons for Cardiff, then 14 in the Premiership without a starting place every week. Not bad stats, and if that carries on here money well spent I''d say. (Considering we just sold Ashton for 7.5million...)

[/quote]and who was his partner  PETER THORNE

Ronbol, you''ve lost the plot. £3.5 million for a proven goal scorer is the going price for quality at the moment. Every which way we turn every club with a ''big name'' striker wants big money. If you want someone proven with quailty, I''m afraid you''ve got to pay the price.

Personally I think it is an excellent signing. The big name which will lift the morale of the fans.

Hats off to Worthington and the board for bringing Earnshaw in. And also for Rachman and Johannson on loan who will add steel and quality.

And for the record - Johansson is a right winger / striker according to the Charton season ticket holder in my office at work.

Canary TTC is right. We could have Ronaldinho up front and still achieve nothing.  Unless Zesh Rehman really is comfortable in an attacking right-sided postion, we''re as lop-sided as the day Ashton left...

Last season Earnshaw was the 12th highest scorer in the Premier League (despite not starting most of the games) ahead of Baros, Keane, Drogba etc averaging a goal every  167 minutes (quicker than Defoe, Yakubu and Ashton) and has 9 goals in 23 internationals.  The guy has yet to kick a ball and has the pace and finishing giving him potential to be a great buy, so wind it in Ronbol. It''s where the chances will come from I''m concerned about, not Earnie. 

We''re not gonna get a proven goal scorer for a lot less and please don''t tell me, you don''t want another loan deal, do you?

Ronbol, What would you prefer worthy signing

Andy Gray for £1 Million..........Someone who shouldn''t be a footballer or

Robert Earnshaw for £2.75 (intinally)............Someone who can unlock premiership defences and who has a great goal scoring record

Do you fans have any faith in what ever your team does? why not instead of slating everything this club does  go and support that team (ipswich) a few miles down the road?

Worthy and the board canntot win.

He gets moaned at by all  the fans (me including) foer selling our star striker and not getting a replacement. Now he''s being criticized for signing a premiership quality full international. As someone else said would you prefer Andy Gray or perhaps the umproven unreliable eastwood, Perhaps Jerome who would cost more despite having less than 1 good season or even trundle who is near to 30 years old.

Even the cworthy outers need to congratulate nigel on bringing in such a good player.

I''ve read the responses and seems a case of  - oh a new norwich player, he is god , he is going to get us into the play-offs.That''s the trouble with norwich fans. Just like i slate him for not seeing him play in a norwich shirt ,others praise him and make him out to be some sort of god again without seeing him play.I certainly won''t be congratulating Nigel, because i think he has once again shown how to get a gold star in panic buying. couldn''t get the real players he was after so again we end up with second best.well done worthy!WORTHY OUToh and we are losing 2-0 again, master tactician is our nigel.

We get a player who was 2nd top scorer in division one a couple of seasons back, who got double figures in the premiership last season, and cost half as much as Ashton.

And you STILL moan?!

Seriously man, Second best my a**e! Just cause he hasn''t playing in the yellow and green doesn''t mean he''s unproven. He was great for Cardiff, He was great for W.B.A. in his first season and if Robson had played him reguarly he''d have been great this season!

You say that we think he''s god before seeing him play, You haven''t seen him play in the Norwich colours and already you''re calling him second rate!