Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays offical starting 11

40 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So that's either Buendia through the middle or possibly a switch to 4-3-3, but I sense it's the former. Either way, it's good to see something a little different.

Would expect 4231 with Rupp on the right where he started vs Everton, Buendia through the middle.

Could be a 4321 with Rupp and McLean either side of Tettey - a system I said last week would be one I’d quite like to see - but doubt it.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ian Wright on BBC 1:

"I would have started hernandez and Vrancic"

Yeah don't worry mate we all think that

He’s probably only just about learnt their names

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

He’s probably only just about learnt their names

"The temp who watches Norwich for us thinks Vrancic and Hernandez should start" 

22 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

The difference is Emi and Cantwell are game changers on their day and play in attacking positions. Vrancic can be a game changer certainly, however his best position is one of the two in front of the back 4 (fed up of hearing how he should be playing no10). And while he is our most creative and attacking of those players, he is a liability when it comes to defending.

I love Vrancic but this isn’t the right game or opposition for him to start. I know it’s wrong to say it these days but Farke has got the selection as right as he can considering who’s available and who we’re playing

Disagree. Vrancic is a game changer on his day, Spurs at home, many occasions last season. Cantwell? nope, doesn't change games for me. 

9 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Disagree. Vrancic is a game changer on his day, Spurs at home, many occasions last season. Cantwell? nope, doesn't change games for me. 

Goals change games and Cantwell has shown he can score, so he's undoubtedly a game changer.

• Like 1

Better than the everton game, but again the opposition not really doing much either

22 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

And on other days, he’s half asleep. 

We should be 1 nil up at least. Lots of half chances with individual mistakes costing us.

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And on other days, he’s half asleep. 

Is he? Or is that his lanquid style is influencing your opinion?  It probably is the latter, and you don't even realise it. Of course you will deny it. 

Edited by Il Pirata

6 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Is he? Or is that his lanquid style is influencing your opinion?  It probably is the latter, and you don't even realise it. Of course you will deny it. 

I’m basing that on my recollection of him being repeatedly dispossessed against Utd, it seemed like he had almost no awareness of who was around him and was surprised to see the opposition running him. 

I don’t think he’s a bad player, I like him and would be happy to see him play much more in the Championship, but, a bit like Emi, he has a downside and I think in the PL it outweighs his pluses sadly.

Edited by Nuff Said

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

Played loads last year in a fixture congested championship, and seemed to cope as well as anyone else in the squad. 

Not usually with a 3 month gap in-between games though.

With the way this game is poised, I'm happy to have Hernandez available to come on for a high-octane 15 minute cameo- could make all the difference. If we make it through the first 15 minutes of the half intact, anyway.

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m basing that on my recollection of him being repeatedly dispossessed against Utd, it seemed like he had almost no awareness of who was around him and was surprised to see the opposition running him. 

I don’t think he’s a bad player, I like him and would be happy to see him play much more in the Championship, but, a bit like Emi, he has a downside and I think in the PL it outweighs his pluses sadly.

But that was one poor game? He had an excellent game against Spurs where none of that happened. 

Respect your opinion, but I think Mario is a very effective player who has a positive influence on the team which can go unnoticed. 

Edited by Il Pirata

4 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

But that was one poor game? He had an excellent game against Spurs where none of that happened. 

Respect your opinion, but I think Mario is a very effective player who has a positive influence on the team which can go unnoticed. 

Yes, let’s agree to disagree. I would be delighted if he played and contributed in the way we know he can, I just worry that the opposite will happen.