Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays offical starting 11

Less good to see the only player who really earned his wages on Wednesday on the bench (Hernandez). I suspect the game will be gone before he gets on the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

I'd rather have Vrancic and Hernandez in for Rupp and McLean. 

Seems Rupp is Farkes secret lover while sadly Vrancic shagged his wife or something.

• Like 1

I'm not against Rupp starting when Emi and Todd are also in the team. Seems reasonably balanced. 

However, I think Onel will be frustrated to miss out. He was our best player against Everton. 

Man Utd look strong these days and their bench is pretty concerning considering they will likely be coming on against tired legs in the 2nd half.

Predictable line-up. Our fullbacks are going to have to get forward more to stretch them.

Strong Utd team, and look at their bench! Mctominay destroyed us down here earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I know that's a popular opinion on this board, but I wouldn't. That would leave us far too open.

Well, we'll get picked off anyway if we can't keep the ball.

Frustrating for Hernandez and vrancic but we’d be far too open with them cantwell and buendia

I imagine Onel is out for rotation purposes- he faded really badly in the second half against Everton, which is to be expected for a sprinter.

Figure Kenny and Tettey get the nod as a solid pairing but also the most match-fit of the possibles. Thought we might see Leitner or Stiepermann back in but not to be I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Well, we'll get picked off anyway if we can't keep the ball.

But at least there won't be as many spaces for Man Utd to exploit. Vrancic and Tettey with an attacking front three ahead of them is a recipe for disaster, I fear.

Besides, it isn't like the players we have out there can't keep the ball.

What I thought DF would go for except Hernandez for Cantwell. Probably just about as strong & balanced as we have available. Need pretty much everyone at the top of their game today. Their midfield is significantly stronger and as for the benches..........😮

OTBC!

6 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I imagine Onel is out for rotation purposes- he faded really badly in the second half against Everton, which is to be expected for a sprinter.

Figure Kenny and Tettey get the nod as a solid pairing but also the most match-fit of the possibles. Thought we might see Leitner or Stiepermann back in but not to be I suppose.

Yeah Onel was excellent but got very tired as the game went on, maybe 20 off the bench if needed?

No pace, power, athleticism and very little creativity. Plus a raft of changes again, so expect another disjointed performance.

I don't hide the fact I'm not a huge Cantwell fan, but Hernandez should be starting instead. I also don't like playing with both Buendia and Cantwell on the pitch.. its one or the other for me. 

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

No pace, power, athleticism and very little creativity. Plus a raft of changes again, so expect another disjointed performance.

I don't hide the fact I'm not a huge Cantwell fan, but Hernandez should be starting instead. I also don't like playing with both Buendia and Cantwell on the pitch.. its one or the other for me. 

No creativity....surely that’s exactly what Buendia and cantwell do provide 🤔

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But at least there won't be as many spaces for Man Utd to exploit. Vrancic and Tettey with an attacking front three ahead of them is a recipe for disaster, I fear.

Besides, it isn't like the players we have out there can't keep the ball.

Without Vrancic and Trybull, we struggle to keep the ball. Mclean and Tettey will hurried and will then rush possession - and Cantwell and Buendia are too naïve on the ball.

My prediction is we'll see very little of sustained possession today.  

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

No creativity....surely that’s exactly what Buendia and cantwell do provide 🤔

An on-song Buendia, yes. Cantwell.. not enough for me. We need more from deeper. Off the ball Cantwell and Buendia are passengers, and I can't see us being able to hold the ball well today. That's what a Vrancic can give you, plus he can get the ball to Buendia in the right areas with passing accuracy. Not something Tettey or Mclean do well. 

I'd have bought Steipermann back in too. 

Edited by Il Pirata

A lot of short memories. I don’t like to criticise individual players particularly but Vrancic was very poor when he played against Man U, repeatedly dispossessed.

• Confused 1

I understand the logic of selecting McLean and Rupp in order to not leave us too open. However, McLean seems so out of form that playing him actually leaves us really wide open.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

A lot of short memories. I don’t like to criticise individual players particularly but Vrancic was very poor when he played against Man U, repeatedly dispossessed.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Also exceptional against Spurs. 

Why does that one poor performance keep getting brought up? Everyone was awful that day, including a lot of other players playing today. 

Cantwell and Buendia have had many more poor games than Vrancic. 

I'd prefer to see Rupp next to Tettey, to keep us tight in the centre and protection, and let Maclean be further forward. Don't understand persisting with Rupp futher forward. Think that might be Rupps better position centre of midfield

24 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Played loads last year in a fixture congested championship, and seemed to cope as well as anyone else in the squad. 

7 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Cantwell and Buendia have had many more poor games than Vrancic. 

The difference is Emi and Cantwell are game changers on their day and play in attacking positions. Vrancic can be a game changer certainly, however his best position is one of the two in front of the back 4 (fed up of hearing how he should be playing no10). And while he is our most creative and attacking of those players, he is a liability when it comes to defending.

I love Vrancic but this isn’t the right game or opposition for him to start. I know it’s wrong to say it these days but Farke has got the selection as right as he can considering who’s available and who we’re playing

Farkes idea of rotation - drop a player who has just played well in the last game and bring in someone who didn't play well in the game before that.

And if Drmic comes on before Idah that would be criminal