king canary

For those who think our owners get unfair stick....

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Do you consider yourself arrogant in any way? Just curious.

Not really wolfie i suppose the nearest you could say is on a staff appraisal some years back now it was written ' this man does not suffer fools gladly ' .

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Let me try again.

First decade: average position 29.8.

Second decade: average position 20.8.

That's progress.

No?

Big picture wolfie, big picture. 20 year average 25.3.

Now i really must get in the shower and get ready to go out for the day. 😜

Edited by TIL 1010

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There you go again. Just cannot help yourself can you ? Wolfie apologised for his arrogance but yours must be in your genes.

To be fair to myself, I tried to behave but eventually gave up when you continued to be your typical stubborn self.

This forum brings out the worst in me. I blame you lot  

So I just borrowed a tv from Norway in order to see the big picture. This is what I saw ..

1998 new owners took over a side which was struggling to stay in champs. 

2009 ten years on same owners relegated from champs. Took the club backwards. We all went to the Andrews and the consensus was Delia out.

2010 - new owners appointed.

2020 - since new owners appointed club has had five PL seasons, a championship and a win at Wembley. 

Conclusion - St Andrew's was the catalyst for change as borne out by the amazing steps forward since 2009 when we got Delia out and these wonderful new owners in.

What bit did I get wrong?

The point is being missed it’s not about the past but the future

football is a big money sport now with big money owners the stowmarket 2 have been hanging onto the past for far to long like many on here funny enough

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not really wolfie i suppose the nearest you could say is on a staff appraisal some years back now it was written ' this man does not suffer fools gladly ' .

Explains a lot. I guess you must be finding life a lot more challenging now you can no longer use your position to exercise your power over others.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Big picture wolfie, big picture. 20 year average 25.3.

Now i really must get in the shower and get ready to go out for the day. 😜

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201811/why-certain-people-will-never-admit-they-were-wrong

I've put it in italics so you can understand it.

But what about when a person does push back against the facts, when they simply cannot admit they were wrong in any circumstance? What in their psychological makeup makes it impossible for them to admit they were wrong, even when it is obvious they were? And why does this happen so repetitively — why do they never admit they were wrong?

The answer is related to their ego, their very sense-of-self. Some people have such a fragile ego, such brittle self-esteem, such a weak "psychological constitution," that admitting they made a mistake or that they were wrong is fundamentally too threatening for their egos to tolerate. Accepting they were wrong, absorbing that reality, would be so psychologically shattering, their defense mechanisms do something remarkable to avoid doing so — they literally distort their perception of reality to make it (reality) less threatening. Their defense mechanisms protect their fragile ego by changing the very facts in their mind, so they are no longer wrong or culpable.

5 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Explains a lot. I guess you must be finding life a lot more challenging now you can no longer use your position to exercise your power over others.

Oh dear me please tell me you can justify that little outburst with something substantial you know to back it up. Arrogance last night which you withdrew this morning with an apology which i accepted to now bordering on a plain unwarranted insult. What a strange world you live in.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh dear me please tell me you can justify that little outburst with something substantial you know to back it up. Arrogance last night which you withdrew this morning with an apology which i accepted to now bordering on a plain unwarranted insult. What a strange world you live in.

Your behaviour on here backs it up. It doesn't take a detective to work it out.

41 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Your behaviour on here backs it up. It doesn't take a detective to work it out.

Its kinda your fault mate. Warned you not to try..

On 28/06/2020 at 11:34, TIL 1010 said:

I think you may be a bit naive  Tillo ' This man does not suffer fools  gladly' is  HR speak for 'this man  has  a very high opinion of himself'. 

😇👍😉

No easy answers. Apparently Dyche is complaining about lack of investment at Burnley. For every Leicester there has been a Charlton or a Blackburn.

Given Webbers comments about the more opinions around the table the better, why then do we have only 3 directors who have put any investment in the Club? The view that the majority owners have as big a stranglehold as Chase appears to be correct. That is not the true vision of a Community Club.

33 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No easy answers. Apparently Dyche is complaining about lack of investment at Burnley. For every Leicester there has been a Charlton or a Blackburn.

Given Webbers comments about the more opinions around the table the better, why then do we have only 3 directors who have put any investment in the Club? The view that the majority owners have as big a stranglehold as Chase appears to be correct. That is not the true vision of a Community Club.

Dyche would probably appreciate the generous transfer fund Kitty here if he’s really pi$$ed off at Burnley.