king canary

For those who think our owners get unfair stick....

Loads of championship clubs have spent way more than £20m and done nothing. In fact our cheap squad made many of them look silly last season. A few years ago we were all talking about Vardy, Mahrez and Kante and moaning why our club can't pick up such hidden gems on the cheap. Right now that is exactly what we are doing and if the young players we are being strongly linked with sign, we have an astonishing conveyor belt coming through. Boxing clever in this way is something to be hugely proud of.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So having an owner that has no money is a source of pride? And have rich owners is bad...Strange one...and you don't really care were we are as a club because we are like a fine ale and you hate champagne.... Ok. 

I am one of those weird people that hates my club losing... Seems to be a odd trait amongst some on here... I guess that's why the accept not reaching out potential

Stoke City..another club thats a good example that as a club were held as a stable mid table Prem side  for around a decade..in that time they must have spent hundreds of millions on players...they likely lost as many games as they won..and what did they actually win in that time...the Prem title?...Euro Champions league?..FA Cup?...unless you support Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U etc...then even if you somehow  are good enough to  stay in the Prem for a few seasons then your existence is as a club like Stoke..or the rest of the Prem outside the top 6..and eventually at some point you will get relegated anyway..thats the reality of all clubs outside the top 6 of the Prem...even spending hundreds of millions or more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Of course it takes them into account. We spent five years in the PL, and five years in the Championship, three as a result of relegations.

In the previous 10 years, we spent one year in the PL, eight years in the Championship (one as a result of relegation), and one year in League One.

In the first decade, our average league finish was 29.8th position.

In the second decade, our average league finish was 20.8th position.

Feel free to double-check these with your calculator, as I've just tallied them up myself.

As Nutty said in another post, in the same period both Ipswich and Leeds were only relegated once. Does that make them more successful?

Come on Tilly, surely you can look at these statistics and accept that the 'teenies' decade has been more successful than the 'noughties'?

Wolfo stat geek strikes again. 👍

Not everything is going right , agreed , but only a fool would say that we're  not in a better place as a Club than 15/10 years ago.Jermain Jenas gets it.

Edited by wcorkcanary

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

' Several  over the past decade ' Really because i can only think of a couple since 2010 which in my book is not several ?

That would still be more than them though wouldn't it, you pedantic genius.

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

FeedTheWolf, stop expecting Til to take your facts and acknowledge them.

Well he has dismissed my facts regarding relegations that have or will be 3 times following immediately after promotion. or does not that fit your take on things ?

Promotions are of course a forward step but only if you at least  standstill and not take a step back again within a season.

Edited by TIL 1010

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well he has dismissed my facts regarding relegations that have or will be 3 times following immediately after promotion. or does not that fit your take on things ?

Promotions are of course a forward step but only if you at least  standstill and not take a step back again within a season.

I didn't dismiss your facts. I contextualised them in the post you conveniently ignored on the previous page.

You even called me out specifically on those facts, and accused me of not factoring them in. I then replied directly to factor them in, and you then ignored my post.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, here it is again:

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is only moving forward if you do not count the steps taken backwards of which there are/will be four. Your criteria obviously does not take them into account.

Of course it takes them into account. We spent five years in the PL, and five years in the Championship, three as a result of relegations.

In the previous 10 years, we spent one year in the PL, eight years in the Championship (one as a result of relegation), and one year in League One.

Feel free to double-check these with your calculator, as I've just tallied them up myself.

As Nutty said in another post, in the same period both Ipswich and Leeds were only relegated once. Does that make them more successful?

Come on Tilly, surely you can look at these statistics and accept that the 'teenies' decade has been more successful than the 'noughties'?

Oh, and I would further add to the point above, that this increased success (if you are prepared to accept it as such), was achieved against a backdrop of an ever-increasing number of clubs being bought out by extremely wealthy owners. I'll happily provide a list based on widely reported and accepted facts, but only if you promise you'll read it with an open mind, rather than just making a couple of selective comments to help you believe you're right.

I will stick with my opinion if that is ok with you. Your patronising last post makes little difference to my view especially with that added arrogance.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I will stick with my opinion if that is ok with you. Your patronising last post makes little difference to my view especially with that added arrogance.

Haha, okay then. I bet you haven't got the balls to read this all the way to the end, by the way. It'll be waaaay too close to home.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201811/why-certain-people-will-never-admit-they-were-wrong

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Haha, okay then. I bet you haven't got the balls to read this all the way to the end, by the way. It'll be waaaay too close to home.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201811/why-certain-people-will-never-admit-they-were-wrong

Oh i have no problem admitting when i am wrong over something but my opinion whether the club has moved forward in the last twenty years is just that .

Blogs regarding psychology whatever next on a football forum ?

Edited by TIL 1010

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Oh i have no problem admitting when i am wrong over something but my opinion whether the club has moved forward in the last twenty years is just that .

Blogs regarding psychology whatever next ?

Well I was wondering if the following black-and-white statistics might enable you to reconsider your opinion:

It is only moving forward if you do not count the steps taken backwards of which there are/will be four. Your criteria obviously does not take them into account.

And I will add my previous caveat that many more clubs have had mega-rich owners in the last ten years than in the previous decade.

Bearing the above statistics in mind (assuming you accept them as correct, of course), do you still believe the club has not not made any forward progress in the last 20 years?

What about if we factor in the capacity crowds compared to 15,000 in the 1990s and the Category 1 academy? Still no forward progress?

• Like 2

I mean I appreciate your persistence FTW but not worth it, not on a Saturday night!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean I appreciate your persistence FTW but not worth it, not on a Saturday night!

My post was quite patronising and arrogant, in hindsight.

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

My post was quite patronising and arrogant, in hindsight.

When faced with closed mind belligerence. Its forgivable.

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well I was wondering if the following black-and-white statistics might enable you to reconsider your opinion:

And I will add my previous caveat that many more clubs have had mega-rich owners in the last ten years than in the previous decade.

Bearing the above statistics in mind (assuming you accept them as correct, of course), do you still believe the club has not not made any forward progress in the last 20 years?

What about if we factor in the capacity crowds compared to 15,000 in the 1990s and the Category 1 academy? Still no forward progress?

Still happy to hear your opinion, @TIL 1010. Apologies for my behaviour yesterday evening.

I gave you my opinion last night and sorry to tell you nothing has changed overnight. To sum up 3 relegations within the last ten years all immediately following promotion is not moving forward in my book. One step forward and one step back.

Apology accepted.

😂😂😂

We spent five years in the PL, and five years in the Championship, three as a result of relegations.

There you have it; Til thinks that shows no forward progress. Draw your own conclusions.

Sunday morning = even less worthwhile FTW. Everyone else can understand your post and acknowledge though so dont worry, just shows certain posters up for not being able to give credit when due because it conflicts with who they like or dont like.

Well as those statistics show the overall average makes us a Championship club at 25.3 over the last 20 years. What progress can be drawn from that i really do not know.

I know what conclusion i have made from your figures wolfie.

Now off out for the day so leave you to it.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well as those statistics show the overall average makes us a Championship club at 25.3 over the last 20 years. What progress can be drawn from that i really do not know.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sunday morning = even less worthwhile FTW. Everyone else can understand your post and acknowledge though so dont worry, just shows certain posters up for not being able to give credit when due because it conflicts with who they like or dont like.

' Everybody ' ?  You mean You , wolfie , wcorkio and a like from king canary.

Just  saw that post before i logged off by the way.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

' Everybody ' ?

Sorry, everyone with an IQ greater than your typical squirrel.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Sorry, everyone with an IQ greater than your typical squirrel.

There you go again. Just cannot help yourself can you ? Wolfie apologised for his arrogance but yours must be in your genes.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

There you go again. Just cannot help yourself can you ? Wolfie apologised for his arrogance but yours must be in your genes.

Do you consider yourself arrogant in any way? Just curious.

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Let me try again.

First decade: average position 29.8.

Second decade: average position 20.8.

That's progress.

No?