Sign in to follow this  

18 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Us, Villa and in truth I hope West Ham.

Now in Villa's case I'd be pleased, largely as they are the polar opposite to our transfer approach and hopefully will remind a few on here and other places that we could have dropped £127 million and it could still amount to relegation, but with a massive impact and burden added to the club.

For West Ham its far more personal as a Norwich Fan. Leaving aside the outrageous rip off they managed to pull off getting that crap stadium, its the sheer arrogance of their board and players. Karen Brady telling us how we wouldn't be able to stay up on the cheap, ok true in one respect but case and point see Villa. It would be hugely entertaining for them to drop. The other is Mark Nobles pre-match comments about how, when we went there, they were going to 'show us what premier league football looks like'. Good one Mark, lets hope you enjoy the championship. 

Might seem petty, but well, I am.

Well, if that makes you petty, I’m in the club too. All these “big” clubs and their supporters who think they have some divine right to be in the PL, and that throwing money about equals success, richly deserve a reality check. What ticks me off is commentators who haven’t bothered to look at what we’ve achieved, playing attractive football (some of the time anyway), developing young players, building strong community links and scouting for bargains but just see little old Norwich with no money.