Sign in to follow this  

6 minutes ago, Wymondham Canaries said:

Come on then. Who is being relegated from the Premier league? 
For me it’s 
• Bournemouth

• Villa

• Norwich  

Going to the last game I believe. Who’s joining us? Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Going to the last game I believe. Who’s joining us? Who knows.

I believe it’s Villa v West Ham last game of season. That could Be one hell of a game 

Will be happy to see Villa go down and would love to finish above them even if the escape is impossible.

Bournemouth are as much a certainty as we are for me. Their time has come, they are in a poor run of form, they’ve been sussed out and i can’t see them getting out of it. I bloody hope that the other team is Villa after what they have spent but I have a feeling that WTford will be the last of the 3. There’s only so much shouting and balling that a new manager can have before losing the dressing room, and I feel that will happen to Pearson (ala rat boy Roader). 
so for me 
Watford 

Bournmouth

Norwich 

but we will get to the FA Cup final and be beaten by Chelsea! 

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Hopefully Villa, I live in an area that has many Villa fans and to hear them talk, they are gods greatest gift!

Very similar fanbase to Ipswich.

Deluded, always going on about how they are ' a regular household name' and a huge massive club blah blah blah.

• Like 1

Norwich. Bournemouth. Villa

Altho if i could pick three it would be west ham. Villa. Liverpool. The three teams ive found to have the most obnoxious fans. 

14 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Bournemouth are as much a certainty as we are for me. Their time has come, they are in a poor run of form, they’ve been sussed out and i can’t see them getting out of it.

It has taken 5 seasons for them to be sussed as you put it. If only that would have happened to us.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very similar fanbase to Ipswich.

Deluded, always going on about how they are ' a regular household name' and a huge massive club blah blah blah.

1982 is the thing round here, from people who weren’t even born yet!

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But would you take their last 5 years over ours? What were the highlights?

Great moments for the fans in 2015 and 2019 followed by a relegation very shortly to be followed by another or 5 seasons Premier League money which surely would have put up a new City Stand and rebuilt Colney without fans money.

Honestly i think i would take 5 years in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Great moments for the fans in 2015 and 2019 followed by a relegation very shortly to be followed by another or 5 seasons Premier League money which surely would have put up a new City Stand and rebuilt Colney without fans money.

Every time.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

No. Simply because this money makes absolutely no difference to me. How do you enjoy other people having money? Would you swap those great moments for the enjoyment of others earning more money? Really?

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No. Simply because this money makes absolutely no difference to me. How do you enjoy other people having money? Would you swap those great moments for the enjoyment of others earning more money? Really?

How on earth does earning Premier League payments, Sky money etc come under the umbrella of enjoyment of having other peoples money ? I honestly would swap a few great moments as a fan for the ability with money to grow my club for future generations as opposed to living hand to hand which is the cycle we are stuck in.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How on earth does earning Premier League payments, Sky money etc come under the umbrella of enjoyment of having other peoples money ? I honestly would swap a few great moments as a fan for the ability with money to grow my club for future generations as opposed to living hand to hand which is the cycle we are stuck in.

Your flogging a dead horse there.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's fair enough. I wouldn't. I wouldn't swap winning the league and winning at Wembley for this money that would make no difference to me. Or for future generations. What do you think future generations at Bournemouth have in store?

Edited by nutty nigel

I've lost count of times when I have heard someone say "sleeping giant" or "should be in the Prem" about a club.

The Prem would need to be 50 clubs.

Money only goes so far and we have proved you can get success without money. I am not convinced continuous years of Prem mediocrity is better than our yo-yo success.

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wouldn't swap winning the league and winning at Wembley for this money that would make no difference to me. Or for future generations.

Before you say it i have edited your post but this quote just smacks of total selfishness from you as a fan.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Before you say it i have edited your post but this quote just smacks of total selfishness from you as a fan.

Why would you even do that?

You do realise that Bournemouth replaced QPR who were also spending large sums of money presumably to build something for future generations.

It's ironic because this Norwich model is genuinely trying to build for future generations.

Edited by nutty nigel

35 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's ironic because this Norwich model is genuinely trying to build for future generations.

On the playing side maybe but not for future infastructure which at some point will either have to be replaced or rebuilt. This self funding model or project whatever you want to call it will never be able to do that. That will only happen with outside investment or being prudent with Premier money and that is going right out of the window in the coming weeks.

Edited by TIL 1010

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

On the playing side maybe but not for future infastructure which at some point will either have to be replaced or rebuilt. This self funding model or project whatever you want to call it will never be able to do that. That will only happen with outside investment or being prudent with Premier money and that is going right out of the window in the coming weeks.

But if the last ten years are repeated we will have another five years in the PL on the horizon. I assume you think we're going to hell in a handcart like you did in 2014 and 2016.

I’m not convinced Bournemouth are as likely to be relegated as several on here do. Just one win would see daylight and give them a big moral boost. Sure they are in the pooh and look very poor, like the others round and about, but I certainly wouldn’t write any of the four above us off. Villa and West Ham would be interesting 

Edited by Hairy Canary

Villa are gone after today's result. Their next two games are Liverpool and Man Utd.

We will have a say on who comes with us - Watford and West Ham will expect to beat us and if they don't it could leave them in trouble. I fancy Bournemouth to get out of it.

Villa will have to get rid of most of their team so I don't see them as a major player next year. West Ham would walk it if they come down so I hope it's Watford.

Us, Villa and in truth I hope West Ham.

Now in Villa's case I'd be pleased, largely as they are the polar opposite to our transfer approach and hopefully will remind a few on here and other places that we could have dropped £127 million and it could still amount to relegation, but with a massive impact and burden added to the club.

For West Ham its far more personal as a Norwich Fan. Leaving aside the outrageous rip off they managed to pull off getting that crap stadium, its the sheer arrogance of their board and players. Karen Brady telling us how we wouldn't be able to stay up on the cheap, ok true in one respect but case and point see Villa. It would be hugely entertaining for them to drop. The other is Mark Nobles pre-match comments about how, when we went there, they were going to 'show us what premier league football looks like'. Good one Mark, lets hope you enjoy the championship. 

Might seem petty, but well, I am.