Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Come on you yellows!! Now get out there and beat Man Utd!!

Don't know how this can be done, but is there a way we can get across our support online that gets through to the players, being as that we can't actually get to matches if we wanted to?   It's all very well sitting at home shouting/chreering at the TV, but is there some way we can get it across to the players? 

Flags in windows or outside houses?   Twitter messages of support to players?  I suppose it happens anyway, but it seems to me that more could be done?  Frustrating isn't the word, it must be difficult for the players not having their 12th man at the stadium, so are we vocal enough in our support online?  

Yes, I know they probably don't look in and this might look a bit cringeworthy, but they need our support and all we can do on here is offer support in black and white, so I'll start it off -

Come on, lads, you can do it and we are right behind you!! 

OTBC  and Come on you yellows!!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know how this can be done, but is there a way we can get across our support online that gets through to the players, being as that we can't actually get to matches if we wanted to?  

You mean they don’t read this forum? I thought negativity on here affected all our players?!

Agreed. We thought the worst going in to Spurs game and we pulled off a miracle.

Let’s put all the defenders we have behind the ball, see out a draw after extra time and let Timmy Krul win it on penalties. 

oh I wish we had enough fit defenders!

I’ve had this belief that we’ve still got a couple of great performances left in us this season . That belief has been shaken by the last two performances to say the least , but it’s still just about hanging on in there .

Here we are Quarter Finals of the FA Cup. A rare thing . Which has been bloody hard earnt away from home . No point losing our nerve now so let’s all just massively go for it . 

So Lakey , I’m going to hang out my big old Norwich flag on the outside of my house 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know how this can be done, but is there a way we can get across our support online that gets through to the players...

Yes, I know they probably don't look in and this might look a bit cringeworthy...

...you mean they don't read all our comments?

giphy.gif.aeb50323ded5c096deccdc766ccb1bac.gif

OTBC

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

...you mean they don't read all our comments?

OTBC

Actually, it doesn't matter if they don't - I firmly believe in the power of collective thought - there are things that we don't know about in the universe but one thing is becoming clearer and clearer and science is finding this out more and more -  the interconnectivity of everything - and if thoughts have any power - and there is plenty of evidence to show they do - then collective thought can be transmitted way beyond a human being's brain.   They used to call it Mass Consciousness - the way a collective group of beings act together as one.  So the power of positivity is HUGE in the way we think - and can affect all sorts of things.

Positivity on it's own is one thing, but you have to remember what you are being positive for....it is to counter the affects of negativity, which in football terms is a real enemy of progress and success - you simply cannot be successful if you are negative.  So I say get positive about today, even if you are on your own watching the match - project your positivity and we all know we will all be there in spirit, even if we can't be at the match. The players need it - and even if you think what I have written is tosh, then at least do it for yourself. 

Anything can happen, it's a roller coaster ride, but one thing is for sure, we have it in us to win - against the odds, maybe, but that is the point of the match - to try and win it!

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Actually, it doesn't matter if they don't - I firmly believe in the power of collective thought - there are things that we don't know about in the universe but one thing is becoming clearer and clearer and science is finding this out more and more -  the interconnectivity of everything - and if thoughts have any power - and there is plenty of evidence to show they do - then collective thought can be transmitted way beyond a human being's brain.   They used to call it Mass Consciousness - the way a collective group of beings act together as one.  So the power of positivity is HUGE in the way we think - and can affect all sorts of things.

Hello Lakey,

While I would not dispute that positivity can be a powerful force for good in certain circumstances (it can also have negative consequences), if I take your comments above to their natural conclusion, then we haven't really got a chance against Man U. There are far, far more Man U fans than City ones so the "power of their minds" will smash ours in a positivity battle by knockout before the end of the first round.

BTW is this you? Green positivity power in action!

PnxKQQx.gif.ac517bab40986cad7c704def76b20575.gif

OTBC

9 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Lakey,

While I would not dispute that positivity can be a powerful force for good in certain circumstances (it can also have negative consequences), if I take your comments above to their natural conclusion, then we haven't really got a chance against Man U. There are far, far more Man U fans than City ones so the "power of their minds" will smash ours in a positivity battle by knockout before the end of the first round.

OTBC

No, it's not me 🙃

Man Utd supporters are a not known for being a positive and together bunch, so I think our collective focus as fans can match theirs quite easily.  Man Utd fans are known for being expectant more than anything - lets hope their expectations are denied by us - we've done it before, we can do it again.

Edited by lake district canary

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Positivity on it's own is one thing, but you have to remember what you are being positive for....it is to counter the affects of negativity, which in football terms is a real enemy of progress and success - you simply cannot be successful if you are negative.  So I say get positive about today, even if you are on your own watching the match - project your positivity and we all know we will all be there in spirit, even if we can't be at the match. The players need it - and even if you think what I have written is tosh, then at least do it for yourself. 

Anything can happen, it's a roller coaster ride, but one thing is for sure, we have it in us to win - against the odds, maybe, but that is the point of the match - to try and win it!

NINTCHDBPICT000370141742.thumb.jpg.beb6db71fc7e7daa779e87c7c218b14d.jpg

Fingers crossed.

However they have soundly beaten us twice already this season and are looking good since the return.

46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Uhhh...right...OK.

53 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Lakey,

OTBC

Not sure they have.   Nearly all their fans are glory hunters having no affiliation with the club..... and they don’t count!    

46 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Utd planning a mass rotation of the starting X1 according to some of their fans. Could be interesting after all. 

That's because they know they can beat us comfortably with their reserve team....!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Anything can happen, it's a roller coaster ride, but one thing is for sure, we have it in us to win - against the odds, maybe, but that is the point of the match - to try and win 

Is this you?

https://youtu.be/OQSNhk5ICTI

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Are clubs allowed to play crowd noise thru the  PA during games? 

I know You'll never walk alone was played at full volume when the teams came out at Anfield. Surely the club can do the same with On the ball City tonight? 

The players might forget they're playing to an empty stadium for a minute and be fired up!