Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Idah is an exciting striker

We have an exciting striker here.

I was at the spurs fa cup game and he did a fantastic job on the left side in extra time to give a fresh impetus and frustration for Tottenham. His penalty also was superb. His control, turn and shot against Everton was again hallmarks of a strong able forward.

I like the article on the pinkun today about his development and excitement having played in the cup. He will play more minutes to the end of the season.

Next season he could be a real handful and although we are struggling for goals, he may well get one or some in the premier league run in. He is learning quickly and a player I hope gets a run out in his preferred position tomorrow.

I would be happy for Pukki to start and then Idah to either be a direct replacement or work alongside Pukki.

He looks like a bit of a unit but still with good skills when the ball is at his feet. Dare I say it, but is there an air of Holt about him?

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He looks like a bit of a unit but still with good skills when the ball is at his feet. Dare I say it, but is there an air of Holt about him?

Personally I  think he plays much more like Justin Fashanu.  He'd leave  GH for dead in a sprint. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Personally I  think he plays much more like Justin Fashanu.  He'd leave  GH for dead in a sprint. 

Holt being slow was always a myth, as some of his goals attested.

As for JF, I'll have to take your word for it, I'm not enough of an old fart to have seen him, beyond his Liverpool goal and a few Youtube clips.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Holt being slow was always a myth, as some of his goals attested.

As for JF, I'll have to take your word for it, I'm not enough of an old fart to have seen him, beyond his Liverpool goal and a few Youtube clips.

Never said Holt was slow, just sure Idah is much quicker. 

PS.  58 is not an old fart  , as you so delicately put it.  I was playing over 33s footy until I was fifty, still have a 32inch waist, a full head of dark hair and can still haul a lobster pot.  Bit of advice ... if you think you are old..... you are. I know a tennis coach in his eighties,  hed plant his racket  in your kisser sideways if you called him an old fart.

Ageist 😄😁😉

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, smooth said:

We have an exciting striker here.

I was at the spurs fa cup game and he did a fantastic job on the left side in extra time to give a fresh impetus and frustration for Tottenham. His penalty also was superb. His control, turn and shot against Everton was again hallmarks of a strong able forward.

I like the article on the pinkun today about his development and excitement having played in the cup. He will play more minutes to the end of the season.

Next season he could be a real handful and although we are struggling for goals, he may well get one or some in the premier league run in. He is learning quickly and a player I hope gets a run out in his preferred position tomorrow.

I would be happy for Pukki to start and then Idah to either be a direct replacement or work alongside Pukki.

Good shout. He has something about him for sure. Just needs an extended run and someone to understand his game enough to feed him chances.

Out of all the young strikers we’ve had with a potential Idah has the total package, pace power and skill.

• Like 1

He is already far better and has more ability in every department than Drmic.

He will go a long way.

And I sincerley hope that Drmic will too - maybe all the way back to where he came from or even further

• Like 1

Having been at Burnley and seen him play (did I ever tell you I went to that match? 😛 ) , he was brilliant and his penalty at Spurs showed his composure under pressure so we have a real prospect there.  I wouldn't start him against Utd, but what a player to bring on later in a match.  Good luck to him tomorrow if he gets on. 

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Interesting to see you comparing him to Justin-I always pictured him as quite a graceful player but Martin Keown said on the commentary on Wednesday that when they played together at Brighton he was a really powerful forward, more so than his brother. 

A tangent on this, his rating for strength on Football Manager is really low, I wonder who did the scouting there and whether they'd actually seen him play. Usually it's a fan of the club. He scored 32 goals for me in 24/25 when we won the premier League so best keep hold of him!

13 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Interesting to see you comparing him to Justin-I always pictured him as quite a graceful player but Martin Keown said on the commentary on Wednesday that when they played together at Brighton he was a really powerful forward, more so than his brother. 

He was a much better player imho than his brother and you are correct about his graceful style ....allied with great power and pace. His brother was just a thug...still is , as his stint on celeb SAS proved.  A bully and an egotist.  ... who used his shame for rejecting his brother as his first excuse when put  under pressure on the course. Kind of sickening yet funny to watch as I don't think the DS on the course bought his bull at all. ....what's more he now claims to be a Christian!!!!. 

Now Justin was no saint, but in a more  understanding world, things may well have turned out very differently for him. Suppression of sexuality is a recipe for tragedy. Just ask god knows how many  Catholic Priests. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Now Justin was no saint, but in a more  understanding world, things may well have turned out very differently for him. Suppression of sexuality is a recipe for tragedy. Just ask god knows how many  Catholic Priests. 

One of the reasons I dislike Clough. I appreciate his achievements in football, but the guy was a total **** and went a long way to destroying Justin. Different times, blah blah blah, not everyone was cnut in the 80s and Clough was proud of his views until the day he died.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

One of the reasons I dislike Clough. I appreciate his achievements in football, but the guy was a total **** and went a long way to destroying Justin. Different times, blah blah blah, not everyone was cnut in the 80s and Clough was proud of his views until the day he died.

Success is rarely an indication of being a decent human. Clough being a prime example. Take Fergie, given a share in a succesful racehorse, sued for the stud rights, greedy barsteward. 

• Like 1