Pretending that LDC is correct and we have the best manager in our history, how long should we keep him if...we lose every remaining game this season and does poorly when the season starts again?!

I will go with 6 matches. 

Good grief.

Not only are there 2 now threads where this is being discussed , but YOU started them both you complete tool.

Some users need for attention is absolutely chronic.

Edited by South Sider

Farke will be here next season- I am 90 percent certain.

What he has done for this club has been a micircle. He took us from almost slipping into a leauge one relegation battle, to the Prem with a transfer budget of ten quid and a packet of crisps, and a squad made up of free players, bargin bin non leauge players and youth players.

So even if he were to go I will be forever thankful for what he did for this club.

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Farke will be here next season- I am 90 percent certain.

What he has done for this club has been a micircle. He took us from almost slipping into a leauge one relegation battle, to the Prem with a transfer budget of ten quid and a packet of crisps, and a squad made up of free players, bargin bin non leauge players and youth players.

So even if he were to go I will be forever thankful for what he did for this club.

I have to say I totally agree with there mate. Considering when he arrived with a poor squad in his hands and barely any money to spend what he’s achieved so far has been amazing. I would certainly like to see him try some new tactics though - scrap zonal marking.

Lets also remember that this poor season wasn’t all down to Farke. When asked why we weren’t spending much on players last summer Farke said it was because “We’re still paying for sins in the past in PL transfer trading”. Our season has also been plagued by injuries. Personally I can only say that if we manage to go straight back up next season, we need to be debt free so we can spend a bit more on players. Pity the current owners don’t have the consideration to sell the club to someone richer - that could turn things round for us.

I want keep Farke until at least Christmas. If we sack him now I think we would need to find someone who has PL experience as his replacement, and I’m crossing all the managers who “park the bus” off the list

When Farke took on the appointment of being manager of NCFC he had a lot to learn.

He had never managed a football club before.

On top of that he had to adapt to a new country for the first time in his footballing career (playing and coaching) and in particular the rather unique footballing culture of that country.

He only had had experience of the game in his home country.

His biggest weakness was his need to learn.

He stuck to his guns, learned quickly and brought amazing success.

That this success meant that he had another learning mountain to climb, that of the demands of the so-called 'best league in the world' meant that his biggest weakness was therefore again his need to learn.

He remains dignified and personable and, imo, currently fits our club like a glove.

He is only in his third year of club management. He has shown he can learn and learn well and it is because of this that I have high hopes for next season when he will, comparatively speaking, have much more going for him.

If we should go up again then expect a better fist of it from both Farke and Webber, all things being equal.

Webber had some learning to do this season as well. He surely learnt from the Naismith/Jarvis type 'pissing money up against the wall' fiasco that had nearly brought the club to it's knees. Perhaps too well and second time around he would need a more balanced approach, shareholders permitting.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that sooner rather than later we do get yet another bite at the cherry and that this remains firmly under the combined tutelage of Webber and Farke.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1