Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liverpool have won the premier league title!

Deservingly so, well done to Liverpool, great team, good manager. Congratulations to Liverpool and their fans.

• Like 1

BBC 10pm News now reporting hundreds of fans gathering in the streets around Anfield. I wonder how the social distancing is going ? 😜

Best friend is a Liverpool fan... I can not stand them or their fans... Hangover from our European ban. Leaving the planet for a few weeks

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Feel sorry for the fans, waited thirty years then this happens 

I feel more sorry for our fans who missed out on three European campaigns because of their moronic supporters behaviour at the Heysel Stadium.

i also feel more sorry for fans of Oxford Utd,  Wimbledon, Coventry City and others who all missed out on Europe too.

F*ck ‘em......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I feel more sorry for our fans who missed out on three European campaigns because of their moronic supporters behaviour at the Heysel Stadium.

i also feel more sorry for fans of Oxford Utd,  Wimbledon, Coventry City and others who all missed out on Europe too.

F*ck ‘em......

Wow. The thread turned quicker than I thought it would.

What a load of sour ****e, need I remind you of all our football fans of the late 70’s to mid 80’s who’s stupidity lead to this culmination of getting clubs banned!

This team and manager with fans of a new generation deserve credit for a fantastic season and deserve congratulations.

I do despair at times at how people hold onto grudges.

I do hate Liverpool. But they were just so fully deserving of the title this season. Miles ahead of the rest and the scary thing is I dont think they've even played to their full ability for large parts of the season. 

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

What a load of sour ****e, need I remind you of all our football fans of the late 70’s to mid 80’s who’s stupidity lead to this culmination of getting clubs banned!

This team and manager with fans of a new generation deserve credit for a fantastic season and deserve congratulations.

I do despair at times at how people hold onto grudges.

No idea if you were around in the 70’s/80’s Indy but clubs like ours don’t get into Europe every day, Liverpool do. Yes, we do have long memories.

The trouble at Heysel was caused by Liverpool fans plain and simple. They may whinge that the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose, not enough police there, etc, etc, but if they’re such fair minded supporters why did they look for trouble ?

Always the victim.

I may be disappointed they won it this season but had the satisfaction of seeing them miss out last year and in 1989 when Arsenal did them with that injury time goal.

Shame the open top bus parade won’t happen anytime soon either 😢 😃

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 3

Maybe you had to have actually experienced the disappointment to understand it. Perhaps being detached and looking at it from these days it's all different.

All I know is we'd never qualified for Europe before. We won what was called the friendly final against Sunderland. It was held up as a beacon in those violent times. Then Liverpool at Heysel happened and the next thing we knew was Thatcher's broad brush saw us banned from Europe. Because it was a couple of months? after that friendly final I expect it was forgotten.

You could argue all football fans paid the penalty. I'd argue Norwich paid a higher penalty than Liverpool who caused it.

• Like 3

Can't get remotely excited about this, or even interested. A one horse race is never interesting - a foregone conclusion for weeks. If anything it shows the value of keeping the right manager for a few years, but apart from that, it also shows how the clubs beneath them are behind them in their development with Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, all at different stages of rebuilding or regrouping, Leicester not quite there either. Well done to Klopp, the man who invested thousands in making himself look like his own spitting image puppet.....

Thought the EPL threatened serious action against any team whose fans gathered outside grounds and Liverpool gave an assurance that what is happening outside Anfield wouldn’t happen ? Why are the BBC supporting it yet questioning other gatherings ( rightly ). 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

No idea if you were around in the 70’s/80’s Indy but clubs like ours don’t get into Europe every day, Liverpool do. Yes, we do have long memories.

The trouble at Heysel was caused by Liverpool fans plain and simple. They may whinge that the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose, not enough police there, etc, etc, but if they’re such fair minded supporters why did they look for trouble ?

Always the victim.

I may be disappointed they won it this season but had the satisfaction of seeing them miss out last year and in 1989 when Arsenal did them with that injury time goal.

Shame the open top bus parade won’t happen anytime soon either 😢 😃

Not forgetting Slippy G! Hilarious!

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Liverpool fans believing this is a legitimate titile win 😂😂

Thank heavens they were beaten so they can’t claim an Arsenal season, would never hear the end of it.

Of course I was around, but it wasn’t just Heysel, we had a very long history of being warned through the 80’s about our hooligan element, from most clubs in Europe and our national following. This wasn’t just a Liverpool fan issue it was rife throughout every club.

Jesus I remember being chased through the streets of Stoke for wearing my colours, being cornered by 200 odd Millwall fans. It’s symptomatic of all clubs back then.

Thats why I can’t look at it like you guys, the reality is you should think the same of all clubs fans who caused trouble in Europe that way then. It wasn’t just a British thing either Italy and Germany had its hooligan element too.

Each to their own I suppose.

I wonder if they will want an enquiry into why there is a second wave in Liverpool soon.

Utter disgrace and the very reason this farce of resuming the EPL should never have happened. I just hope they force Merseyside to lock down again rather than start a second wave throughout the U.K. 

And what the F*** are the police doing, a few hundred in Brixton dispersed, yet Liverpool the police join in. This may seem a ridiculous rant but this just puts thousands of lives at risk.

Lock down Merseyside and deduct them 25 points and call this farce off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-53187158

8 hours ago, Indy said:

But it hasn't been a fantastic season in any sense of the word has it?

It has been absolutely woeful - starting (and continuing) with a horrendous implementation of VAR which sucked the atmosphere and excitement out of the games, wrongly decided quite a number and was frequently simultaneously booed by both sets of fans at matches, and now finishing with a total charade.

Worse season ever in my book, and I'm pretty sure that is how most people will remember it.

Anyone seen a fake football fan in their ‘pool shirt yet ? I’m giving it about an hour after I get to work.

Can't say they didn't deserve it this season but I will always hate that club and the way their fans have been on social media last night and this morning is another reminder why. Shame.