Sign in to follow this  
Mook

I was disappointed that we spent £3.5M

Because it means the board trust in Nigel''s judgement.

And that''s pretty bad news for all those (including me) that are hoping for a change of management.

At first I felt the same way Mook. However, upon reflection, I''m not so sure. I never thought the Ashton recruitment was driven by Worthington...strictly a board investment decison I think. At this time of subsription renewals I think the Board knew some action was required and may have looked at Earnshaw ( a proven goal scorer at this level in particular ) and thought, even if we ultimately sell him, we can probably do so and recover most or all of our money. Earnshaw is still young. I personally think the decision has already been made on Nigel and he will go. I just would like to see a new manager in earlier rather than later to give us optimum time to prepare for a good effort next season.

I kind of agree, Septic.

A top manager assembles a squad by doing things like selling Hughes and bringing in three players who will be in the Prem next year. Anyone can buy success Fantasy Football style.

[quote user="Mook"]

Because it means the board trust in Nigel''s judgement.

And that''s pretty bad news for all those (including me) that are hoping for a change of management.

[/quote]

Yes and no?.

Yes i am happy that we have gone out and got a proven goal scorer who with the right service will score us goals!!!!!.

No i''m not happy we spent that amount of money because we are still in my opinon 3 players short of having a team which could make a late push for the play offs,we have put all our eggs in one basket and i fear they might get broken??????.