GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

3 points from a possible 27...

A combined 3 points from a possible 27 from Villa,Bournemouth,West Ham and Watford since the re-start......we were handed a lifeline and well and truely pi$$ed it up the wall....

...all the more frustrating as all the bottom sides (except Brighton) have returned in such poor form. The opportinity to close the gap really was there

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A combined 3 points from a possible 27 from Villa,Bournemouth,West Ham and Watford since the re-start......we were handed a lifeline and well and truely pi$$ed it up the wall....

...all the more frustrating as all the bottom sides (except Brighton) have returned in such poor form. The opportinity to close the gap really was there

I hadn’t realised it was that many.

So the reality is we’re more **** than the three teams above us, who are **** too, but have spent millions to stay up! So should we have spent more money too to be a little less **** and still get relegated?

Looking at the table it is such a crime that we lost the last 2 games as if we had been at the races we would be on 27 points along with others. The escape could well have been a reality. However.....

The players we have are not good enough to stay in the PL.....well there's a surprise

Throwing a strop won't change that, nor will it conjure up the £100m Villa spent to demonstrate the same with their squad.

We have no divine right to be in the PL - but we do have a trust that the club won't launch some idiotic attempt to stay in the PL for another season, as did

Bolton, Blackburn, Hull, Swansea, Cardiff, Blackpool, QPR, Boro, Reading, Sunderland......etc

This was, and always has been, a long term project - so do pipe down and see the bigger picture

Watford losing 0-2 vs Southampton

Thats now 3 points (villa x 2, watford x 1) from a combined 11 games from these 4 teams..or 13 if you add ours in .

3 points from a possible 39...5 seemingly awful teams at the bottom

On 25/06/2020 at 19:59, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The opportinity to close the gap really was there

Yes, we all know we have had a poor restart, but the opportinity to close the gap really IS there.  Game in hand over Villa,  West Ham have Moyes and Bn'mth look worse than us. Still three from four to go down, not two plus us (yet).  The opportunity is still there.

I know this will look ridiculous but before the season restarted I had forecast the results of all the bottom 6. I had 3  teams struggling to get 32 points by the end of the 9 game run! Now obviously I expected us to have got 1 win from our first two games but I felt we certainly would get 35/36 points by the season end. It's not looking very encouraging now.

Just shows how poor the bottom 4 sides are, none have changed it up a gear, West Ham have the players to get just enough along with Watford, I think Bournemouth & Villa will join us in a relegation party!

It really is unforgivable looking at those stats. Playing two games at home against teams with nothing to play for and we looking like we were 12th spot with zero to worry about in either direction.

We should have had plan A,B,C and frikin D ready to deploy, even if option D was getting Emi (random player picked) to dive in the box for a pen. I thought we had got rid of our soft under belly but perhaps not? 

Unbelievable stats.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, we all know we have had a poor restart, but the opportinity to close the gap really IS there.  Game in hand over Villa,  West Ham have Moyes and Bn'mth look worse than us. Still three from four to go down, not two plus us (yet).  The opportunity is still there.

Yep, it is still there if we win at Arsenal. But I'd also say it's very unlikely that those four teams will continue to pick up zero points as the weeks go on. We're two wins away from being in touch, but every time we win we need three of the four teams above us to lose, otherwise we're not gaining any ground.

That no-show against Southampton looks even worse in the context of these other results. Villa and Bournemouth's remaining fixtures are horrendous, though, so I think we'd have a chance of overtaking them if we somehow hit some form.

If we lost at Arsenal and then had three consective wins against Brighton, West Ham and Watford we might still have a squeak of a chance, but that's pie-in-the-sky stuff really.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, it is still there if we win at Arsenal. But I'd also say it's very unlikely that those four teams will continue to pick up zero points as the weeks go on. We're two wins away from being in touch, but every time we win we need three of the four teams above us to lose, otherwise we're not gaining any ground.

That no-show against Southampton looks even worse in the context of these other results. Villa and Bournemouth's remaining fixtures are horrendous, though, so I think we'd have a chance of overtaking them if we somehow hit some form.

If we lost at Arsenal and then had three consective wins against Brighton, West Ham and Watford we might still have a squeak of a chance, but that's pie-in-the-sky stuff really.

Yeah agree with all that. I'm assuming we are relegated and just looking to see good performances - try and relieve the pressure from the players a bit maybe - that'll be Farkes toughest job.

If by some miracle we beat arsenal and everyone around us loses I might start getting twitchy. 😀😀

Watford are sh1t. Very fine margins between spending just enough to stay competitive or giving yourself no chance. Very frustrating that we were so far off the pace against Saints and Everton as largely other results have gone our way.  

At the risk of being a keyboard ‘Expert’ as was levelled at me last night, a decent proportion of this Forum believe that DF doesn’t change things up, be a bit unpredictable like Sheffield Utd. A team turns up and plays the Norwich they have studied and have answers for. Half time and they’re playing exactly the same side - like we’re playing for a draw. Well 38 games 38 points. Had the fans been in the ground last night I would suggest, they would’ve given DF a good Wengering’ - Shearer has seen it all and was quite handy back in the day, even he said MU were there for the taking. 50 mins Onel and Adam on. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

they would’ve given DF a good Wengering

That sounds rude and uncomfortable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That sounds rude and uncomfortable 

My boss is an Arsenal Season Ticket holder. I was at the Emirates in the pound seats for the 3-3. The absolute abuse the poor man had to take. Your 3-2 up and the fans are wanting your head and singing ‘you don’t know what your doing’ 

ha! Steve Morrison...... who? 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Like most things in life it's rare to be given a second chance.

The door was ajar and we got one. Sadly we blew it due a lack of preparation followed by panic.

Unlikely that were going to get a third chance and even if we do we'll probably blow it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Like most things in life it's rare to be given a second chance.

The door was ajar and we got one. Sadly we blew it due a lack of preparation followed by panic.

Unlikely that were going to get a third chance and even if we do we'll probably blow it again.

Yeah, probably. So let's knock it all the head, find another hobby and, and I can't stress this enough, stop posting on message boards associated with the football club, shall we?