Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for United

Krul

Aarons Klose Godfrey Lewis

Tettey McLean

Buendia Vrancic Hernandez

Pukki

Vrancic centre mid defending, free role attacking. Buendia and Hernandez our most dangerous attacking midfield assets at this time. I'd also be happy to see Leitner in for Mclean, he naturally reduces the length of pass in our midfield and the risky long passes are the ones that keep getting turned over. Kenny is primarily in as he will be the most match fit of all options.

However, I believe Farke will rotate more than I have. I imagine Trybull will get in at centre mid somewhere and Cantwell probably replaces Onel on freshness grounds.

Krul

Vrancic Trybull

Cantwell Buendia Hernandez 

Idah

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Where’s Drmic? 

First name on the team sheet surely ?

Drmić is injured!

It has to be a midfield of Tettey & Vrancic McClean has been pretty ineffective.

Krull,

Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis

Tettey, Vrancic

Buendia, Cantwell, Hernandez 

Pukki.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Krul

Tettey McLean

Buendia Vrancic Hernandez

Pukki

Vrancic centre mid defending, free role attacking. Buendia and Hernandez our most dangerous attacking midfield assets at this time. I'd also be happy to see Leitner in for Mclean, he naturally reduces the length of pass in our midfield and the risky long passes are the ones that keep getting turned over. Kenny is primarily in as he will be the most match fit of all options.

However, I believe Farke will rotate more than I have. I imagine Trybull will get in at centre mid somewhere and Cantwell probably replaces Onel on freshness grounds.

16 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Pick who you like it will still be a dubbing.

Yeh but without a crowd it has to be dubbed!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yeh but without a crowd it has to be dubbed!

Rub a dub dub

• Haha 1

Krul

Aarons     Klose     Godfrey     Lewis

Tettey      McLean

Rupp             Buendia        Hernandez

Pukki

I thought Rupp did a decent job of helping out Aarons defensively and giving a bit of support to our deep-midfield yesterday. It was noticeable when Hernandez started running out of steam how Iwobi started to find space and dominate Lewis. United are very sharp out wide so to have any chance, Aarons & Lewis will need protection, including off the bench. Emi & Pukki should be a bit fresher & would hopefully benefit from Onel's directness. 

Vrancic, Cantwell, Drmic, Idah, Duda, Leitner, J Martin, Stiepermann, Trybull, McGovern give options off the bench - One of these misses out? I'm assuming the extra subs also applies to the FA Cup? Defensive cover very thin on the ground. 

You would assume DF is going full pelt to try & win this one, salvage some positivity, therefore no more "cup" selections and go with the strongest team available. Nice long trip for Man U & the lads should be getting used to the "closed-doors" business now. Everton performance was a marked improvement on the no-show last Friday, if still a bit toothless. Another step up will be required but it can be done. For a dose of professional pride, the lads are due a decent showing against this shower after the two spankings dished out already this season.

Are there a few question marks around the fitness of Klose, Tettey & Drmic? If so, we're rightly up the creek.

33 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Krul

Tettey      McLean

Pukki

I thought Rupp did a decent job of helping out Aarons defensively and giving a bit of support to our deep-midfield yesterday. It was noticeable when Hernandez started running out of steam how Iwobi started to find space and dominate Lewis. United are very sharp out wide so to have any chance, Aarons & Lewis will need protection, including off the bench. Emi & Pukki should be a bit fresher & would hopefully benefit from Onel's directness. 

Vrancic, Cantwell, Drmic, Idah, Duda, Leitner, J Martin, Stiepermann, Trybull, McGovern give options off the bench - One of these misses out? I'm assuming the extra subs also applies to the FA Cup? Defensive cover very thin on the ground. 

You would assume DF is going full pelt to try & win this one, salvage some positivity, therefore no more "cup" selections and go with the strongest team available. Nice long trip for Man U & the lads should be getting used to the "closed-doors" business now. Everton performance was a marked improvement on the no-show last Friday, if still a bit toothless. Another step up will be required but it can be done. For a dose of professional pride, the lads are due a decent showing against this shower after the two spankings dished out already this season.

Are there a few question marks around the fitness of Klose, Tettey & Drmic? If so, we're rightly up the creek.

Drmic is injured so does that help or hinder?

46 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Drmic is injured so does that help or hinder?

While I was really referring to Tettey & Klose being more crucial than Josip, he wasn't given much service in either game. He was ineffective in both games but it's a tricky time for a team struggling towards relegation. I think if he can stay fit and get a run of games, he could prove a shrewd operator in the Champo. He knows where the goal is and we'll surely be getting lots more opportunities next year, scoring more goals, winning more matches and hopefully gaining momentum. 

I would give Adam Idah a start, in fact I'd pick him for the remainder of the season. We're definitely down now so I can't see we have anything to lose

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Where’s Drmic? 

If he starts I will scream!!!!!!

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would give Adam Idah a start, in fact I'd pick him for the remainder of the season. We're definitely down now so I can't see we have anything to lose

I would too. We know what Teemu can do, we know what Drmic can't do so let's get Adam in. He is big and strong and knows where the goal is. I would also get Josh in for 20 minutes every game . He needs to learn and what better way than in the PL ? We are unlikely to win another game this season atm so why not try some fresh young players. We might even win.!!

I think Tettey will revert to his position as back up CB and will be rested. Trybull or Rupp will feature. Possibly starts for Idah and Stierpermann if fit.

Is it too late to ask the BBC to not screen this game?

I'd been having a reasonable lockdown until City started popping up on TV and now I feel wretched. I saw the highlights of Manure the other night and the phrase "hot knife through butter" sprang into my mind when considering Martial and Rashford running towards our defence.

38 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Is it too late to ask the BBC to not screen this game?

I'd been having a reasonable lockdown until City started popping up on TV and now I feel wretched. I saw the highlights of Manure the other night and the phrase "hot knife through butter" sprang into my mind when considering Martial and Rashford running towards our defence.

Be brave! We’re going to nick this and ease the pain a little. 

I think we have to play our best 11, something we have certainly failed to do in the last two matches. The pressure will be off so we may (hopefully) play a bit better?  After the last two matches, I don’t want to be looking at the team sheet and thinking again ‘FFS, whatever is Farke doing now’! 

Krul

Aarons

Lewis

Klose

Godfrey

Tettey

Vrancic 

Buendia

Steiperman

Cantwell

Pukki

I wouldn’t be against Leitner for Vrancic but I’ve gone for the latter as we need someone on the pitch who can take a set-piece for a change. Equally, Hernandez for Cantwell but the former may be a better option from the bench.

32 minutes ago, Clint said:

I think we have to play our best 11, something we have certainly failed to do in the last two matches. The pressure will be off so we may (hopefully) play a bit better?  After the last two matches, I don’t want to be looking at the team sheet and thinking again ‘FFS, whatever is Farke doing now’! 

Krul

Aarons

Lewis

Klose

Godfrey

Tettey

Vrancic 

Buendia

Steiperman

Cantwell

Pukki

I wouldn’t be against Leitner for Vrancic but I’ve gone for the latter as we need someone on the pitch who can take a set-piece for a change. Equally, Hernandez for Cantwell but the former may be a better option from the bench.

33 minutes ago, Clint said:

Krul

Aarons

Lewis

Klose

Godfrey

Tettey

Vrancic 

Buendia

Steiperman

Cantwell

Pukki

Agree with this. Hernandez just shades it over Cantwell to start

15 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Where’s Drmic? 

The question most of us were asking for about 170 of the last 180 minutes...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Krul

Tettey      McLean

Pukki

I quite like the look of that - I think Rupp is decent too.  I would like Vrancic to be in the starting line up, but it's difficult to see where - maybe even instead of Emi, at least to start with. The midfield against Burnley in the cup where he had a great game was Trybull, Vrancic; Rupp, Stiepermann and Hernandez - and there is an argument for that again imo. 

So -

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Klose Lewis

Trybull  Vrancic

Rupp Stiepermann Hernandez

Pukki

It rests Tettey and Emi could come on later in the game. 

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Klose Lewis

Vrancic Tettey

Cantwell Buendia Hernandez

Pukki

Nothing to lose. If we sit back United will flatten us. We have to concentrate on scoring not just passing.

If ever there was a dead cert for an away win, get your money on lads. . This could be a cricket score. 

Krul

Godfrey Klose Stiepermann

Aarons Leitner Vrancic Lewis 

Cantwell Buendia 

Pukki 

5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Be brave! We’re going to nick this and ease the pain a little. 

How many really care, had every chance to stay up with 6 points against 2 very average teams and we blew it

Would like to see Leitner get a run out, even though I seem to remember him being fairly cr@p in his last start (Bournemouth?). 

Best - if at all possible - to keep him 'on side' for our inevitable Championship season next year, where he'll be an invaluable asset if mentally up for it.