Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Perhaps we are not good enough

to stay up.

Maybe we were promoted earlier than expected and thought it a bit churlish to refuse the PL's invitation to join them... at that point

So we will play in the Championship once more - and if the football and over all excitement was anywhere near what it was last ime then I can't wait.

Are we any worse for having a season in the Pl, I doubt ?

We are more financially secure, players have progressed, we have paid off Colney and have more young players in the pipeline plus we have seen some of the world's greatest players at CR

For those of us who have been here umpteen times again will know this is what happens.

For every Boro in the playoff final there is a Brum. For very Sunderland in the League cup they have been a Villa (Spurs).

For the heartache of 1981 there was that glorious sunny day in Sheffield 12 months later.

1-7 at home to Col Utd  1-0 two years later at Pompey

For every win we have had over the binners in the last ten years, there has been Klose's last minute header (and nothing else)

We'll come again, stick with the club.... and roll on Saturday with  the FA Cup in late June  ?

but that's football, nothing stays the same so enjoy it and be grateful you were born yellow and green

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

to stay up.

Maybe we were promoted earlier than expected and thought it a bit churlish to refuse the PL's invitation to join them... at that point

So we will play in the Championship once more - and if the football and over all excitement was anywhere near what it was last ime then I can't wait.

Are we any worse for having a season in the Pl, I doubt ?

We are more financially secure, players have progressed, we have paid off Colney and have more young players in the pipeline plus we have seen some of the world's greatest players at CR

For those of us who have been here umpteen times again will know this is what happens.

For every Boro in the playoff final there is a Brum. For very Sunderland in the League cup they have been a Villa (Spurs).

For the heartache of 1981 there was that glorious sunny day in Sheffield 12 months later.

1-7 at home to Col Utd  1-0 two years later at Pompey

For every win we have had over the binners in the last ten years, there has been Klose's last minute header (and nothing else)

We'll come again, stick with the club.... and roll on Saturday with  the FA Cup in late June  ?

but that's football, nothing stays the same so enjoy it and be grateful you were born yellow and green

Will always be grateful to be green and yellow and my daughter’s been indoctrinated too.