Baring the one and only Dean Coney I can’t think of a worst centre forward, love to know how many times he touched the ball yesterday, never won

a single header either. At lest Coney scored a goal albeit with his back side. Plus I’m still seething about Duda’s feeble attempts to take a corner.

• Like 1

To make best use of Drmic the team needs to adapt its style to suit him. He doesn't make the runs that Pukki does and gives the impression not being heavily involved. Unfortunately it means not playing Pukki for a few games to make that adaption. Let's see how he does in the Championship, which is more his level before writing him off.

I would say Idah made more of an impact in his short time on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

To make best use of Drmic the team needs to adapt its style to suit him. He doesn't make the runs that Pukki does and gives the impression not being heavily involved. Unfortunately it means not playing Pukki for a few games to make that adaption. Let's see how he does in the Championship, which is more his level before writing him off.

I would say Idah made more of an impact in his short time on the pitch.

Yes, Idah was good when he came on. Drmic has had quite a few chances to stake a claim, but his first touch lets him down still. I'm sure this is a confidence thing and as you say he may need a run of games to get that back, but with Idah looking the part, he may not get that many more chances to do so this season. 

Yep - Idah no.2 behind Pukki and should have started last night in place of Drmic. Keen, a bit raw but isn't going to get better without game time. In Drmic's case there is no point in blooding someone who's best years are gone and you have a better younger alternative. Drmic just doen't have enough about him to affect the game, he's not strong enough in the air, quick enough on the ground, or clinical enough with the ball at his feet. Pukki's movement separates him from the others, but I think Idah would be successful through youthful exuberance, what better time to give him some minutes.

Gary Doherty was a better centre forward than Drmic! 

Next Season without new signings we will have Pukki, Drmic, Idah. If Pukki stays then its Pukki starting every game next season. Should Pukki leave or get injured we are in trouble So I feel we need to get another 1 or 2 in this position to ensure up front we are covered.

Who is Pukki's cover is entirely down to Farkes system which we see doesn't change that much. Drmic clearly doesn't fit in and I need other posters to tell me if Idahs does. Therefore we will be signing a forward close season to cover Pukki.

My cat is looking for an extra income stream. I'd rather see him on the pitch

I agree that Drmic has looked very poor since he arrived but it's obviously going to take him a while to get up to speed, especially given his injury record.

I'm just clinging on to the fact that Iwan had a poor first season and Harry Kane didnt look much good in his short time here.

Possibly grasping at straws!

Drmic is pants end of and i am paying no regard whatsoever to statistics about completed passes etc, link up play and running the channels, we are not playing to suit his style or whatever other nonsense anybody comes up with.

The fact is he has been a square peg in a round hole every moment he is on the pitch.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Baring the one and only Dean Coney I can’t think of a worst centre forward, love to know how many times he touched the ball yesterday, never won

a single header either. At lest Coney scored a goal albeit with his back side. Plus I’m still seething about Duda’s feeble attempts to take a corner.

He touched the ball 32 times.

He won 3 aerial duels.

Comparatively Richarlison for Everton touched the ball 28 times and only won 1 aerial duel. I don't think he was particularly effective yesterday but this rubbish about "cant think of a worse centre forward" is almost as much rubbish as Til thinking Srbeny was no better than a player down Sloughbottom park.

Which, if true, the lads down at Sloughbottom need to migrate to Germany where they could be playing professional football in a matter of days in the Bundesliga.

33 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

To make best use of Drmic the team needs to adapt its style to suit him. 

Oh here we go again. That's what they said about Van Wolfswinkel. 

Shame they didn't extend the same courtesy to Hooper who was a better player. 

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He won 3 aerial duels.

Comparatively Richarlison for Everton touched the ball 28 times and only won 1 aerial duel. I don't think he was particularly effective yesterday but this rubbish about "cant think of a worse centre forward" is almost as much rubbish as Til thinking Srbeny was no better than a player down Sloughbottom park.

Which, if true, the lads down at Sloughbottom need to migrate to Germany where they could be playing professional football in a matter of days in the Bundesliga.

Richalison has scored a few though this season (12)
Drmic Is for sure the better singer and I’m listening to some tracks of his right now. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He won 3 aerial duels.

Ignoring the fact that my view of Srbeny is my opinion which you have great difficulty getting to grips with could i just ask how many of these 32 touches Drmic had were successful and productive?

Ted McDougall probably only ever touched the ball six times in a game but two of those would find the net.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Goals don’t count but touches do! I’m converted and looking forward to more touches. 

You forgot about running the channels.

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He won 3 aerial duels.

LEVELS

When are you going to realise Hogesar that English football is just a whole new level for these players, the speed and intensity is unrivalled by any other league in the planet. 

Please don't mention Drmic's world cup goal again as part of your evidence, it was against Costa Rica... the bulk of their defence plays in the MLS. 

Jozy Altidore scored 2 goals in 70 games in English football, but 39 goals in 67 games in Eredivisie.

Van Wolfswinkel scored 1 goal in 25 games in the EPL, but 28 in 55 in Portugal, and 50 goals in 125 in Eredivisie.

Its nothing about our system, these are just players that aren't of the required standard. 

Drmic just isn't very good, and we're stuck with him for 2 more years. 

Hopefully we can squeeze a few goals out of him off the bench or something between now and June 2022, but we're left hoping that Idah can breakthrough next season unless the club is prepared to spend money on proven quality, and by that I mean players who proved their quality recently not 5 years ago. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

When are you going to realise Hogesar that English football is just a whole new level for these players, the speed and intensity is unrivalled by any other league in the planet. 

Please don't mention Drmic's world cup goal again as part of your evidence, it was against Costa Rica... the bulk of their defence plays in the MLS. 

Jozy Altidore scored 2 goals in 70 games in English football, but 39 goals in 67 games in Eredivisie.

Van Wolfswinkel scored 1 goal in 25 games in the EPL, but 28 in 55 in Portugal, and 50 goals in 125 in Eredivisie.

Its nothing about our system, these are just players that aren't of the required standard. 

Hopefully we can squeeze a few goals out of him off the bench or something between now and June 2022, but we're left hoping that Idah can breakthrough next season. 

You want goals from him and not touches? 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Goals don’t count but touches do! I’m converted and looking forward to more touches. 

I was responding to the OP who questioned how often Drmic touched the ball, suggesting he barely did. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hopefully we can squeeze a few goals out of him off the bench or something between now and June 2022, but we're left hoping that Idah can breakthrough next season unless the club is prepared to spend money on proven quality, and by that I mean players who proved their quality recently not 5 years ago. 

I understand that. I just don't think he's total trash either and I certainly think he'll be useful in the Championship, providing he stays and can keep fit.

We’re clearly at that time of the season where fans pick a player to be “ the worst I’ve ever seen “ 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You want goals from him and not touches? 

Its somewhat ironic that players who are poor technically need to take an extra touch before passing but the best players can play one touch football.

Gary Doherty must have been better than Maldini if Hogesar was paying attention to how many touches he needed. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I was responding to the OP who questioned how often Drmic touched the ball, suggesting he barely did. 

It’s only a bit of fun. Everyone would be so happy if he or anyone else gets the goals on Saturday and sends Norwich to Wembley. 

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

We’re clearly at that time of the season where fans pick a player to be “ the worst I’ve ever seen “ 

Chris Brown is first striker on the team sheet in the worst ever Norwich strikers list. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I understand that. I just don't think he's total trash either and I certainly think he'll be useful in the Championship, providing he stays and can keep fit.

Well I hope he is useful in the Championship because we're paying him for 2 more years.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its somewhat ironic that players who are poor technically need to take an extra touch before passing but the best players can play a pass without taking that extra touch.

Gary Doherty must have been better than Maldini if Hogesar was paying attention to how many touches he needed. 

Could do with Gary now to shore the back four up. Is he still playing do we know?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could do with Gary now to shore the back four up. Is he still playing do we know?

Nah retired at Wycombe a few years back.