Sign in to follow this  

No. Give them a chance to settle. 

Iwan was a fat waster for his first season here. Even wanted to cancel his contract as it wasn't working out. He turned out ok! 

Tin hat time, but I actually thought they did ‘ok’ yesterday 😳

Apart from Duda’s set pieces that even my gran could’ve done better (and she’s dead!)

• Like 1

Jesus christ the posts are getting more cringeworthy by the second.

Rupp was decent yesterday. He's no standout but he's technically tidy, works hard and defensively solid. Also linked up play quite well a couple of times and set Hernandez away.

This pathetic witch-hunt is showing some fans up.

• Like 8

Very disappointed with Duda, given where he was a couple seasons ago, he’s really lost all his form. Rupp is what you expect from a 29 year old German League journeyman who just isn’t good enough for the premiership, might be good in the championship, but by some posters on here he should be a good signing because he came from top flight German league!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Duda was not as advertised, granted. Not been impressed with him at all.

But in a team where only Onel shone yesterday, Rupp was not as bad as is being made out.

Just a scapegoat, I suppose we always need one. 

Who exactly was he worse than (bar Onel)? Yet he is singled out, obviously...

But dont let his and others' performances get in the way, hey?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

These two , three if you include Drmic, reflect our transfer position . Everyone knew at the club we needed a centre half but we couldn’t  persuade players to come with our wage and relegation- clause constraints The lad that was lined up went to Nice for 12m Euros but more importantly a fat contract without possible reductions on relegation . Those conversations would have been going on all over the pitch 

Getting players in of the sufficient standard in the summer was as expensive as it has ever been. The spectre of Naismith loomed large . We just wouldn’t/ couldn’t take the risk. 

What we did was to prioritise securing the existing squad which probably took longer than expected and used up the resources even further . If we hadn’t there would have been an outcry . 

I doubt that the three in question are even top half championship players but they were available and we had little choice . 

• Like 1

Rupp was poor, Duda too (aside from that jinking run he made).

Rupp isn't technically gifted and gave the ball away under any level of pressure. When being presented with the full width of the goal and on his good foot he blasted it straight down the goalkeeper's throat in what was possibly our best chance of the game. He's not good enough defensively, although I will concede he at least makes the effort to track back and be in the right areas. He's a panicker. Some of that might change as he settles in and we play at a lower level, but he was cheap for a reason.

Duda is lazy, useless defensively and his set pieces were absolutely terrible, however stick him in the current liverpool side where he can stay put and play blind passes, back heels and thread through balls and I think he would be a player. No good for Norwich though and no one will miss him.

Drmic has escaped the title of this thread, but he was also anonymous and inneffective. It's like Farke has asked him to be this bustling centre forward like a Andy Carroll, but all he wants to do is rap and he can't get his flows out! He might be alright if the team wasn't struggling but he's not strong enough to do what Farke wants him to do.

Nice to see they've put a cover over my seat though.

Rupp is an efficient and dependable type of player and has skills too so is a good addition to the squad.  Duda looks to me like a player out of confidence.  The ability he has is not evident on the field and his set pieces were as wasteful as any player I can think of for quite some time. If the four or five set pieces he took were even half decent it would have made a difference, but he really looked rock bottom in terms of confidence.  I guess you get games where nothing goes right for you, but we need players who are on top form to do anything during the rest of this season and he may, on that performance have put himself out of the reckoning this season.

Rupp is ok as long as you combine him with creativity elsewhere in the team. It's unfair to judge him in that ridiculous starting line-up yesterday.

Duda on the other hand? I mean, if he is to keep the likes of Buendia, Cantwell and Vrancic out the team then we really do have problems. Luckily only a short term problem as he's only on loan.

13 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

These two , three if you include Drmic, reflect our transfer position . Everyone knew at the club we needed a centre half but we couldn’t  persuade players to come with our wage and relegation- clause constraints The lad that was lined up went to Nice for 12m Euros but more importantly a fat contract without possible reductions on relegation . Those conversations would have been going on all over the pitch 

Getting players in of the sufficient standard in the summer was as expensive as it has ever been. The spectre of Naismith loomed large . We just wouldn’t/ couldn’t take the risk. 

What we did was to prioritise securing the existing squad which probably took longer than expected and used up the resources even further . If we hadn’t there would have been an outcry . 

I doubt that the three in question are even top half championship players but they were available and we had little choice . 

I agree, which is why I can't understand the calls to sack Farke. Of our summer window all our three loanees: Patrick Roberts, Amadou and Fahrmann have departed early, Drmic was a free transfer and the injury hit Byram cost £750k. January added Rupp and Duda but since we got promoted we haven't added a single player that's a genuine upgrade on our first eleven.

Why people can even think of sacking Farke under those circumstances is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Rupp was decent yesterday. He's no standout but he's technically tidy, works hard and defensively solid. Also linked up play quite well a couple of times and set Hernandez away.

Rupp was ok, agreed. Think he's been a 'steady eddy' since coming to the club. Nothing spectacular , just ticks over, does his job.

I thought Duda was poor though. Awful set-pieces. His general play since coming to the club has not been of a high standard. Do you disagree?

OTBC

• Like 1

Rupp will probably be a decent squad player in the championship, I've got a feeling there is a decent industrious player in there. Call him a Gary O'Neil when he's up to speed. 

Duda makes Naismith look good. 

Drmic is the Matt Jarvis replacement to keep the physio team active. He has a world cup goal to hang his hat on forever like Jarvis had his England cap. 

OK seems to be the choice of description. That isn't really improving what we already had. Just taking up wages really. I'm a bit concerned that our best signing, Byram, was cheap and from this country but we still persist in recruiting from Europe.

25 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Rupp was ok, agreed. Think he's been a 'steady eddy' since coming to the club. Nothing spectacular , just ticks over, does his job.

I thought Duda was poor though. Awful set-pieces. His general play since coming to the club has not been of a high standard. Do you disagree?

OTBC

I don't think Duda has lived up to his hype even though it's quite clear he has some ability. When he plays his 'stats' are generally good - i.e passing, dribbles, key passes etc. But he doesn't really have a 'spark' that you'd expect a number 10 to have. Certainly i'd have been incredibly disappointed had we signed him permanently for the rumoured £18 million odd fee.

Felt sorry for Vrancic sitting on the bench and watching that woeful display at set pieces from Duda. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rupp will probably be a decent squad player in the championship, I've got a feeling there is a decent industrious player in there. Call him a Gary O'Neil when he's up to speed. 

Duda makes Naismith look good. 

Drmic is the Matt Jarvis replacement to keep the physio team active. He has a world cup goal to hang his hat on forever like Jarvis had his England cap. 

Yup, Gary O'Neil was my call when I first saw him play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Yup, Gary O'Neil was my call when I first saw him play.

Rupp has shown glimpses that there is a player in there somewhere and lets see what he looks like after a full pre-season. Not been bad enough to warrant writing off, not been good enough to get excited about. I mean, could I feasibly see him being good enough to keep Trybull or McLean out of the side? Yes, I think that may be a possibility.

Duda has failed his trial, bye mate, would rather have Marco in the side right now and after his performances this season that is really saying something. 

Drmic is unfortunate that injuries seem to have rendered him bang average after a promising start to his career, clearly we can't think about building around him as he's: a) not good enough for that, b) can't stay fit. Just hope he can be a decent impact sub in a promotion season, just to come on and poach, a la Simeon Jackson (who was also not very good).  

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should have signed these 2 instead.

Loved these two. Dear Ladies was joyous. The use of dry stone walling in the fields around their delightful Suffolk home in Stackton Tressel did jar a bit though.

Rupp I thought was alright and seemed to grow as the game went on. He made one poor pass early on and looked extremely sheepish and annoyed at himself , almost scared. I kept an eye on him after that and you could see him grow in confidence after a few decent touches. Often he was the only player in space - a few times he tucked in off the flank and found a little pocket. First half, nobody else was really doing that. He worked hard too. In the championship I think he’ll be good for us.

Duda I saw nothing yesterday at all. Strolling back. Flat footed at the set piece which led to their goal. Set pieces woeful. Didn’t really see him do much with the ball either. 

Rupp in the championship I think will be good for us.

3 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

Rupp was poor, Duda too (aside from that jinking run he made).

Rupp isn't technically gifted and gave the ball away under any level of pressure. When being presented with the full width of the goal and on his good foot he blasted it straight down the goalkeeper's throat in what was possibly our best chance of the game. He's not good enough defensively, although I will concede he at least makes the effort to track back and be in the right areas. He's a panicker. Some of that might change as he settles in and we play at a lower level, but he was cheap for a reason.

Duda is lazy, useless defensively and his set pieces were absolutely terrible, however stick him in the current liverpool side where he can stay put and play blind passes, back heels and thread through balls and I think he would be a player. No good for Norwich though and no one will miss him.

Drmic has escaped the title of this thread, but he was also anonymous and inneffective. It's like Farke has asked him to be this bustling centre forward like a Andy Carroll, but all he wants to do is rap and he can't get his flows out! He might be alright if the team wasn't struggling but he's not strong enough to do what Farke wants him to do.

Nice to see they've put a cover over my seat though.

You’re Connor Southwell aren’t you ?

Duda released onel a few times with passes cross field, he also battled with drmic and won second balls which led again to the ball going out to onel to charge at the group.

It is stating the obvious that Duda was poor at set pieces, he really was. But his overall play wasn't as bad as people note.

He can make space in small areas and deliver a well weighted ball when others in our group may fail with. As we saw in this role earlier in the season.

However we do need our number 10 to drive at teams and shoot. Having said that we have needed our players to take more shots in any case.

The guys haven't trained together for a few months so it was no wonder they were out of sorts. All will get sharper nearer the end of the season, which will be to late but maybe have us ready for next season. Again shows why the season should not have been completed. 

Rupp did not pull up any trees, some of his defensive clearances in the first half were appalling in our defensive 3rd inviting more pressure. But again battled, was combatative and will be a useful player during this run in.

For man u pukki, buendia, cantwell will start... but as the pundits all said, the premier league is more important than the cup and shame we could not get the win in the league we so desperately needed.

You go down the cheap route thats what you get. We ve been there quite a few times. Very poor them roo and yes Drrrmich too. 

Still, stuff the premier its sh.te anyway. Happy to come down with 100mill and bounce back, Roll on next season.

By the way we need to try and get lan Culverhouse involved, the best half of the Lambert era!

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

He could be OK but he wasn't very good yesterday.

You mentioned Drmic and his stats after Southampton, lets do the same with Rupp- would it surprise you to learn that he had the lowest pass success rate of our 10 outfield players? Or that he was dispossessed 4 times, more than anyone else on the pitch?

He made a few tackles though and generally got around a bit. He might be a good central midfielder- what he isn't though, is an effective option as an attacking midfielder.

Edited by king canary

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

He could be OK but he wasn't very good yesterday.

You mentioned Drmic and his stats after Southampton, lets do the same with Rupp- would it surprise you to learn that he had the lowest pass success rate of our 10 outfield players? Or that he was dispossessed 4 times, more than anyone else on the pitch?

He made a few tackles though and generally got around a bit. He might be a good central midfielder- what he isn't though, is an effective option as an attacking midfielder.

I saw he was disposessed 4 times, but also saw he won the ball back as much as anyone else in the side (only Aarons matched him on that I think, but could be wrong).

I saw his pass % was low against Saints, but I don't think thats the norm. He wsas 87% in the cup against Spurs, for example.

I don't see him as a number 10 and it's only his versatility in general that makes him playable on the right, I wouldn't say he belongs there.

Have to say that Duda has not really looked like the £25m footballer as advertised on his arrival, his set pieces in particular were well off kilter yesterday.  Rupp did ok, if nothing special.  

The problem is that we really needed to hit the ground running in this little run of games, but haven’t managed to  - had we got the 2 wins we were after we’d be right in the mix.  But it us what it is.   

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Rupp seemed to turn round and kick back towards our goal whenever he got the ball. 

I have yet to find much positive about his play.

He has had a few shots which he consistently passes to the keeper. 

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You don't know why players may or may not have come.