Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich City agree £350,000 deal' for Sunderland youngster Bali Mumba

No longer if we go down, now when. Our midfield needs a good clear out, Rupp, Duda, Leitner need to go, plus Cantwell will probably be sold

• Like 1

BUT WHAT HELP IS HE TO US NOW?!?!?! *

*Just getting it in before some other genius does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh no! That means with McCullum we’re definitely selling Aarons and Lewis! With Sinani here to replace Buendia that’s the family silver going.....replaced with youngsters from lesser leagues!! Just get this in too before the summer......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oh no! That means with McCullum we’re definitely selling Aarons and Lewis! With Sinani here to replace Buendia that’s the family silver going.....replaced with youngsters from lesser leagues!! Just get this in too before the summer......

Now we just need someone to make a suggestion that Delia's pocketing all the money to buy her own island or something and we have a hattrick!

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

Now we just need someone to make a suggestion that Delia's pocketing all the money to buy her own island or something and we have a hattrick!

She's lost interest in what's going on, she's missed the last two home games.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

No longer if we go down, now when. Our midfield needs a good clear out, Rupp, Duda, Leitner need to go, plus Cantwell will probably be sold

Rupp could be a really useful player I the championship and would not be sold for me. We need to retain some experienced players. Duda will return to Germany, Leitner will probably follow. Although I still cling onto hope he'll get another chance and take it. He has undoubted ability and still relatively young. As for Cantwell, I can't see him leaving. I think he's hugely overrated, and maintain his level is still championship, for now at least. But I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we sold him. Very much in the Jacob / Josh Murphy bracket, than James Maddison in terms of overall ability. 

Bali Mumba looks another astute signing. Factor in Sinani, McCallum, and Sitti, we have some very exciting prospects ready to come into Farke's side.  

These signings make me think Webber and Farke are still very much committed to the cause. Relegation is not the end of the world, and it looks as though we'll be better positioned than in any other previous relegation. Of course we need to maintain some continuity, and that'll be a tough balancing act. But I feel like there's a plan, and that's reassuring - to me at least. 

There's always a risk we slip into insignificant Norwich of the mid 90s, or an Ipswich Town style malaise, but we really are miles off that currently. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Rupp? Have a bath! He's only been here five minutes and looks a decent enough player.

Duda will be gone regardless, and I reckon someone will buy Todd. 

Leitner is a good Championship player if he can keep his attitude right, but that's a big 'if'.

I think the biggest issue is the holding roles. If (as I suspect) we stick largely with 4-2-3-1, it's the back of midfield that needs the most work. Tettey's career is coming to an end, Trybull is average, Thompson is unlikely to feature much. Not sure whether the club feel Sitti may be ready to feature just yet? We have various more attack-minded players who can play one of those two defensive roles (Vrancic and Leitner for passing ability, Kenny as a box-to-box player, possibly Rupp at a push), but I feel we need a quality replacement for Tettey ASAP.

Even if we go three at the back, which has been mooted, I think we'd still look to play a kind of 3-4-2-1, with two wing-backs, two defensive 'sitting' midfielders (one destructive, one creative), plus two versatile attacking midfielders (currently Todd and Emi) to play between the lines and float around. So either way, we'd need that 'Tettey v2.0' player.

McCallum, Sinai, Sitti, Gilmour, Mumba, Idah and others. 

Again a really good young group which are already very good players and to be honest have the potential to rise.

We have a number of players who have exceeded their personal abilities due to the team built around them. Those players will begin to move on and these players will def get a chance next year.

I am very excited about these good players and as noted we need good pros along side them. Hanley, Klose, Tettey will be able to do that. If Krul stays no question he will give so much.

To be honest quite happy to see a few of our better players to go, much like the Murphy's, they are big fish in a small pond and some will not quite have the impact they would want as soon as they leave. We will need to rebuild and there are good moves when we are developing our structure in this manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

Relegation is not the end of the world, and it looks as though we'll be better positioned than in any other previous relegation. Of course we need to maintain some continuity, and that'll be a tough balancing act. But I feel like there's a plan, and that's reassuring - to me at least. 

There's always a risk we slip into insignificant Norwich of the mid 90s, or an Ipswich Town style malaise, but we really are miles off that currently. 

Agree with that.

Relegation was never the end of the world for the club, how many times has Webber said they hadn't planned for promotion as quickly as we did and that the club had budgeted for 20th place.

I'm not saying I'm happy with how things have gone, some of the loan signings have been terrible but no one can know how they will go and we're not alone in failed loans.

I'm sure some will move on, I'm sure there will be more in but that's football.

One thing is certain though, Webber is no mug so I'll trust him in whatever happens next.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I'm not writing Rupp off yet.

He's probably not in his best position for a start, and Trybull and McLean are hardly world beaters so I'd like to see if he can nail a place.

I think he may a little bit about him. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

We really need a better balance of youth and experience, always provided they are good enough.

Do we? 

What do we need then, more youth or more experience?

It's a safety net signing should we lose a few of our midfielders.

We need to start strengthening the CB position too. Klose looks well off the pace now.

Klose hasn't played for 10 months and expecting him to be on it after two games is a little hopeful, especially without a pre-season. He'll still be fine next year.

I suspect we will only get acceptable bids in for Aarons, out of all our stars. I see dirty Leeds think they can get Emi for £20m but that's not going to happen.

I'm not thinking we will walk the championship because that's not the way it works, but I think we'll have enough about us to be challenging again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

This lad is so good he didn’t make one appearance for Sunderland in League One this season apparently.

Good stuff, let’s bash him before he gets here, is he worse than Drmic already ?

Another good young signing. Whilst this seasons transfers have been appalling (Byram apart) the younsgter base ncfc are building is exciting.

I'll be glad when Duda's loan finishes, and imo Drmic can go with. I hope farke stays and tries to nurtue these younsgters as that seems to be his strength. He's done wonders before and no reason we can't build and be strong next year as no fire sale is needed, and as has been said, Webber is no mug 

I think Rupp could be a tidy player next year (I'd almost like to give him a try next to tettey, instead of Trybull/Maclean), although not sure what his best position is, but we need strength in that midfield, a battling midfielder who disrupts and can hold the ball, calm things down.

Just want this season to end as next will be a different kettle of fish altogether, and with such youngsters coming through, hopefully some talent will emerge 

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Good stuff, let’s bash him before he gets here, is he worse than Drmic already ?

Just making the point that we will probably not see much of him next season. The step up to the Championship is a large one So he appears to be one for the future.

9 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Just making the point that we will probably not see much of him next season. The step up to the Championship is a large one So he appears to be one for the future.

Just making the point that you don't rate a player that you don't know anything about like the rest of us.

11 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Never understand this logic (generally), surely nearly every player has to step up to the next level at some point, be it from the youth set up to the first team or climbing the divisions.

Holty had to step up, Maddison had to step up, Aarons and Lewis had to step up.

The division a player plays in is simply that, the division, clearly the scouts have seen enough in this lad to think he can step up otherwise why buy him.

15 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm not writing Rupp off yet.

He's probably not in his best position for a start, and Trybull and McLean are hardly world beaters so I'd like to see if he can nail a place.

I think he may a little bit about him. 

I agree. Rupp gets a bit of stick because its fairly obvious he's not a premier league quality starting player - he was bought I think with next season in mind. But he's tidy enough, technically decent and has a good work rate. I can see him being a useful utility player in the championship.

The fancy Sinani to be a hidden gem but to be honest ones that I'm most interested in are Sitti and Gilmour. The latter has been kept very much under the radar but I believe (aside from some injuries) had a reasonable season in Holland and if he can come through as the kind of athletic holding midfielder who can step into Tettey's shoes if we get up again than that could be very big.

17 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Rupp? Have a bath! He's only been here five minutes and looks a decent enough player.

Duda will be gone regardless, and I reckon someone will buy Todd. 

Leitner is a good Championship player if he can keep his attitude right, but that's a big 'if'.

I think the biggest issue is the holding roles. If (as I suspect) we stick largely with 4-2-3-1, it's the back of midfield that needs the most work. Tettey's career is coming to an end, Trybull is average, Thompson is unlikely to feature much. Not sure whether the club feel Sitti may be ready to feature just yet? We have various more attack-minded players who can play one of those two defensive roles (Vrancic and Leitner for passing ability, Kenny as a box-to-box player, possibly Rupp at a push), but I feel we need a quality replacement for Tettey ASAP.

Even if we go three at the back, which has been mooted, I think we'd still look to play a kind of 3-4-2-1, with two wing-backs, two defensive 'sitting' midfielders (one destructive, one creative), plus two versatile attacking midfielders (currently Todd and Emi) to play between the lines and float around. So either way, we'd need that 'Tettey v2.0' player.

Tettey will be fine to play a significant role next season. Maybe not every game but he will play an important role. 

19 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

. As for Cantwell, I can't see him leaving. I think he's hugely overrated, and maintain his level is still championship, for now at least. But I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we sold him. 

Hang on, what?

There's a reason he's consistently one of the primary players talked about by both other clubs and pundits.

There's a reason he's our second highest goalscorer behind only Pukki, despite Cantwell playing a midfield position, during his first ever premier league season.

If his level is 'still championship' then half our players must be league one standard at best.

It would be absolutely huge for us if we were able to hold onto him. 

14 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Another good young signing. Whilst this seasons transfers have been appalling (Byram apart) the younsgter base ncfc are building is exciting.

I'll be glad when Duda's loan finishes, and imo Drmic can go with. I hope farke stays and tries to nurtue these younsgters as that seems to be his strength. He's done wonders before and no reason we can't build and be strong next year as no fire sale is needed, and as has been said, Webber is no mug 

I think Rupp could be a tidy player next year (I'd almost like to give him a try next to tettey, instead of Trybull/Maclean), although not sure what his best position is, but we need strength in that midfield, a battling midfielder who disrupts and can hold the ball, calm things down.

Just want this season to end as next will be a different kettle of fish altogether, and with such youngsters coming through, hopefully some talent will emerge 

Tbh with the system we play I would rather 2 players in that true DM style. Sitti could sit alongside Tettey with Rupp,Trybull, Louis Thompson as back up.

If you are playing a creative 3 in front of them opening the door for the lone striker and having a belief in full backs who push forward, then I have no worries with 2 DM.

With these other younger players in midfield coming through let them have the freedom to work knowing they have defensive midfielders that allow them to do what they are good at.

At times this season it would have been great to see Amadou play alongside Tettey, but the only time we saw that was when they played at centre half together.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Tettey will be fine to play a significant role next season. Maybe not every game but he will play an important role. 

Possibly, but in addition we will need two upper-Championship-level defensive midfielders in the squad; with one of them the assumed first choice ahead of Tettey.