Sign in to follow this  
Cliff the Canary

Don’t blame Farke, don’t blame Webber and don’t blame the players

This season failures can be directly attributed to the owners inability to fund a professional football club at the highest level!

The owner’s should be considered the trustees and us fans the beneficiaries but they do not have our best interests at heart!

NCFC should not be their pet project and their blind loyalty to the ‘self sustained model’ is holding this club back.

Last year’s promotion was miraculous, so given the surprise opportunity the team had why not invest 20-30 million to survive and give it a go? Now people will scream out about the club’s fragile finances (thanks Delia) but with>£50 m in player collateral to sell if it didn’t go right, there was financial security to cover these costs!

The approach to this season was totally defeatist, like promotion was a surprise and staying up wasn’t inline with the long term strategy! Any business worth it’s salt grasps opportunity and change it strategy accordingly!

People will argue “Delia is open to new investors “ is she? Yes she may be open to investors that put money in without diluting her control but to say she is open to someone with funds and a more ambitious model is not true! This can be verified by the ridiculous interviews on Sky and in the telegraph where she pretty much admitted that she wouldn’t relinquish control and the hilarious succession plan of putting her penniless nephew Tom in charge!

Now I understand the apathetic masses will be along soon to shot me down as anti club and as long as the apathetic masses are happy for the club to be mediocre and lack ambition Delia will reign!

Edited by Cliff the Canary
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

This season failures can be directly attributed to the owners inability to fund a professional football club at the highest level!

The owner’s should be considered the trustees and us fans the beneficiaries but they do not have our best interests at heart!

NCFC should not be their pet project and their blind loyalty to the ‘self sustained model’ is holding this club back.

Last year’s promotion was miraculous, so given the surprise opportunity the team had why not invest 20-30 million to survive and give it a go? Now people will scream out about the club’s fragile finances (thanks Delia) but with>£50 m in player collateral to sell if it didn’t go right, there was financial security to cover these costs!

The approach to this season was totally defeatist, like promotion was a surprise and staying up wasn’t inline with the long term strategy! Any business worth it’s salt grasps opportunity and change it strategy accordingly!

People will argue “Delia is open to new investors “ is she? Yes she may be open to investors that put money in without diluting her control but to say she is open to someone with funds and a more ambitious model is not true! This can be verified by the ridiculous interviews on Sky and in the telegraph where she pretty much admitted that she wouldn’t relinquish control and the hilarious succession plan of putting her penniless nephew Tom in charge!

Now I understand the apathetic masses will be along soon to shot me down as anti club and as long as the apathetic masses are happy for the club to be mediocre and lack ambition Delia will rein!

Unfortunately you are right... In that, along will come the "no one out there" "why don't you do it" "nasty foreign owners" etc etc etc comments.

100% you need investment to have a chance of surviving in the top flight,  100% you go down if you spend nothing or next to nothing as we did... We were designed to fail this season because... Seemingly... It's too early for the 5 year plan... 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

“Rein”. ??

My deepest apologies! Using an iPhone and didn’t focus on spell check enough to notice the missed ‘G’

If that’s all that is taken from my post is it any wonder most NCFC fans are so easily satisfied with mediocrity but spelling mistakes, oh my !

We need to line Riverside and Carrow Rd with burning effigies....

Sack the cook....

Get rid of Webber and Farke and bring the Messiah back.....

Blast I savage now!!!!!????!!!!

You're right of course. But the owners are the owners and unless you have several million pounds to buy their shares, there isn't much anyone can do about it. It's got nothing to do with being "satisfied with mediocrity" - the club has punched way above its weight for many years. It's simply a case of how far can you go on this budget?

4 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

My deepest apologies! Using an iPhone and didn’t focus on spell check enough to notice the missed ‘G’

If that’s all that is taken from my post is it any wonder most NCFC fans are so easily satisfied with mediocrity but spelling mistakes, oh my !

Your grammar is bang average as well mate.

Just now, lappinitup said:

We need to line Riverside and Carrow Rd with burning effigies....

Sack the cook....

Get rid of Webber and Farke and bring the Messiah back.....

Blast I savage now!!!!!????!!!!

No to getting rid of Webber and Farke, they are both ambitious and with the right support would succeed, which they undoubtedly will one day with another club!

I have never ever suggested the return of Paul Lambert, the club should look to to the future.

Sack the cook? Absolutely! 

Something needs to be done. Too many people accepting mediocrity as we sleepwalk to a relegation. A relegation that will make us the most relegated club EVER from the premier league. What a damning fact that is for all the Delia supporters. all they needed to do was spend £20-30m and we'd have been fine. Now I know some smart-behind will be along to say that had Fahrmann, Amadou and Roberts been signed on permanent deals that would have been more like £50m, but obviously I don't mean them. I mean cheaper players that were better. I also know that some other smart-butt will point out that we didn't have £30m knocking around and you can't borrow money to buy players, but, you don't HAVE to say it's for players, do you? It's a murky world is finance, someone would have lent us the money. And then there'll be the usual suspects claiming that there's nobody out there to buy the club - well how would we know? We haven't put it up for sale, have we? Stick a board up outside Carrow Road and see who comes for a viewing. Truth is we could have had Peter Cullum or Andrew and Sharon Turner or probably any number of other suitors. We never hear about them because they are clearly rebuffed before they get through the door. Apart from the Turners. And finally, don't try and alleviate the embarrassment of another reegation by saying that you can only get relegated if you get promoted, that's so LITTLE OLD NORWICH. 

We're going down with a whimper having not given it a proper go. Same as in the board room. Delia should have relinquished the reins the minute we got promoted and given the club to literally anyone that had more money. And then if they don't make it work, there'll be someone else with even more money until eventually we're owned by Bill Gates or someone and there is no more money. If it doesn't work then I'm stuck. But it will because money is always the answer. 

Anyway, no point whinging about it on here, that will achieve nothing. Back in the day we had protests and hired out halls and FORCED resignations. These days football fans can only be arsed to get out from behind their keyboards if there is a statue to form a circle around or an opportunity to punch a copper. Someone needs to get us like minded folk motivated and then we can elicit the change we all want. Let's get the band back together, where is NCISA when we need them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The proverbial sack the owners thread to go alongside the sack the manager thread.  Oh the joys of supporting a football club....blame, blame, blame, waah, waah, waah!!!!!!!!!  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Something needs to be done. Too many people accepting mediocrity as we sleepwalk to a relegation. A relegation that will make us the most relegated club EVER from the premier league. What a damning fact that is for all the Delia supporters. all they needed to do was spend £20-30m and we'd have been fine. Now I know some smart-behind will be along to say that had Fahrmann, Amadou and Roberts been signed on permanent deals that would have been more like £50m, but obviously I don't mean them. I mean cheaper players that were better. I also know that some other smart-butt will point out that we didn't have £30m knocking around and you can't borrow money to buy players, but, you don't HAVE to say it's for players, do you? It's a murky world is finance, someone would have lent us the money. And then there'll be the usual suspects claiming that there's nobody out there to buy the club - well how would we know? We haven't put it up for sale, have we? Stick a board up outside Carrow Road and see who comes for a viewing. Truth is we could have had Peter Cullum or Andrew and Sharon Turner or probably any number of other suitors. We never hear about them because they are clearly rebuffed before they get through the door. Apart from the Turners. And finally, don't try and alleviate the embarrassment of another reegation by saying that you can only get relegated if you get promoted, that's so LITTLE OLD NORWICH. 

We're going down with a whimper having not given it a proper go. Same as in the board room. Delia should have relinquished the reins the minute we got promoted and given the club to literally anyone that had more money. And then if they don't make it work, there'll be someone else with even more money until eventually we're owned by Bill Gates or someone and there is no more money. If it doesn't work then I'm stuck. But it will because money is always the answer. 

Anyway, no point whinging about it on here, that will achieve nothing. Back in the day we had protests and hired out halls and FORCED resignations. These days football fans can only be arsed to get out from behind their keyboards if there is a statue to form a circle around or an opportunity to punch a copper. Someone needs to get us like minded folk motivated and then we can elicit the change we all want. Let's get the band back together, where is NCISA when we need them?

Thanks Duncan 

A rare militant in the NCFC ranks who won’t stay quiet and speaks his mind in the face of the apathetic masses, who are content to put a blanket over their laps and drink their hot chocolate, regardless of what division NCFC play in!

Oh Duncan be warned, you missed out the ‘G’ in reign! The sleep walkers will be along soon to expose your bad spelling and grammar!🤣😜

3 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

So 20 - 30 million would keep us up? 

Just like it did last time and left us nearly bankrupt. 

And why did the massive outlay of £20-£30 million almost bankrupt us last time? Because we have owners that cannot afford to run a top level football club! It’s simple, why don’t people see it?

7 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Thanks Duncan 

A rare militant in the NCFC ranks who won’t stay quiet and speaks his mind in the face of the apathetic masses, who are content to put a blanket over their laps and drink their hot chocolate, regardless of what division NCFC play in!

Oh Duncan be warned, you missed out the ‘G’ in reign! The sleep walkers will be along soon to expose your bad spelling and grammar!🤣😜

Ahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This. Is. Brilliant.

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The proverbial sack the owners thread to go alongside the sack the manager thread.  Oh the joys of supporting a football club....blame, blame, blame, waah, waah, waah!!!!!!!!!  

We're just a Keith Scott and a Big Vince thread away from a full house on Norwich Loss Bingo.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This. Is. Brilliant.

Ahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahah

ahahahahahah

This is so predictable!

If you can’t manage a constructive criticism and are only able to replay in the most juvenile form, speaks volumes doesn’t it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Now I understand the apathetic masses will be along soon to shot me down as anti club and as long as the apathetic masses are happy for the club to be mediocre and lack ambition Delia will reign!

So its miracles when they have success but Delia's fault when they fail?  Has any other club in England had more promotions than Norwich in the Delia era?

Webber was hired by Delia to run the football club, I'm pretty sure if he had advised we need to spend money we would have, in fact he admitted Farke was let down because they didnt bring in the right players, and thats Webbers area.

The approach this season was defeatist, because Farke talked about us being favourites for 20th place and needing a miracle to stay up before the season started. That wasnt delias fault either.

It's no ones fault, everyone has the clubs best interest at heart   or maybe its everyones fault. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

And why did the massive outlay of £20-£30 million almost bankrupt us last time? Because we have owners that cannot afford to run a top level football club! It’s simple, why don’t people see it?

No, because it ended up costing 70 million. 

We know we can't afford it, what do you want to do-buy some new owners? 

Is it that simple? 

1 minute ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Ahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahah

ahahahahahah

This is so predictable!

If you can’t manage a constructive criticism and are only able to replay in the most juvenile form, speaks volumes doesn’t it!

Sorry fella but Duncan wasn't even subtle.

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As apposed to your deluded posts of positivity! Which of us is more realistic of the club’s fortunes LDC? 

27 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

So 20 - 30 million would keep us up? 

Just like it did last time and left us nearly bankrupt. 

Add the sales to that too. I can think of Johnson and Grabban straight off the bat

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry fella but Duncan wasn't even subtle.

Well if Duncan went to all that effort in his lengthy post to mock me, then on reading it, he was so subtle I didn’t see the mocking tone!

I guess without tone or expression it’s hard to understand a posters true intentions?

I don’t post regularly enough to know peoples real agendas, but I’ve read enough to know you Hogesar, are totally satisfied with the club’s current fortunes!

Edited by Cliff the Canary

People bemoan the ‘little old Norwich’ culture  on this forum! It’s obvious to me that culture resonates from the majority of fan’s upwards! 
Anyone that dare come on here and challenge the status quo, is quickly rounded upon and chased out by the locals, pitchforks in hand!

Sad times 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

People bemoan the ‘little old Norwich’ culture  on this forum! It’s obvious to me that culture resonates from the majority of fan’s upwards! 
Anyone that dare come on here and challenge the status quo, is quickly rounded upon and chased out by the locals, pitchforks in hand!

Sad times 

I think the problem is that your argument is tired and ineffective. We’ve heard it a thousand times before, and whether individuals agree with you or not, complaining that Delia is not Bill Gates (who actually is spending a huge amount of money in a far more laudable way) is not going to change anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Sad times 

There is a large (but perhaps diminishing) section of our fan base who are blinded by the cult im afraid. The owners have won, many would simply just prefer to be in the championship now. 

• Thanks 1