Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Sack Farke Now?

Ged, I did say what has he done well this season. I fully appreciate he did very well last season but you have not stated anything from this season. 

I cannot recall a single match where Farke’s management has added value but I can recall a lot where it has cost us points.

Its not unheard of for great managers at lower levels to be unable to make the step up, just like some players can’t.

1 minute ago, Clint said:

Ged, I did say what has he done well this season. I fully appreciate he did very well last season but you have not stated anything from this season. 

I cannot recall a single match where Farke’s management has added value but I can recall a lot where it has cost us points.

Its not unheard of for great managers at lower levels to be unable to make the step up, just like some players can’t.

No, you mean you haven't identified a single match where Farke's management has added value.

And you THINK you can identify times it has cost us, but you don't know that to be fact.

Seems there's a few on here with short memories.

It's very much as mentioned earlier, that a lot of people don't want to hear that this is still part of the plan because it isn't fun or nice.

Farke will still be here next season. Webber will still be here next season. The majority of a side that won the Championship a year ago will still be here next season. All have a year of experience at the top level with which hopefully to learn and develop.

If we're languishing in the lower reaches by November next season, maybe it's time to twist. But for now we stand to gain the most by sticking.

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

According to @TeemuVanBasten there is no project, or plan, but then again he does have a habit of missing things.

We aren't doing anything special.

We just had a good crop of youngsters, like we did in the 90's, and now we've got a few people who think we are Ajax. 

Cash in on our assets (which I'm sure we'll do soon) and the similarities with the Megson/Hamilton/Rioch years are startling with the constant churn of average players from the continent with a few coming good.

Rupp, Drmic, Duda, all sh*t. That's the latest three. 

There is nothing more to "the project" other than refunding an academy which had to recover from a decade of neglect from the late 90's to the point where McNally took over. We had a very good academy before Delia closed the satellite's. 

Webber has been able to afford this constant churn of dross like Heise, Franke, Husband, Raggett, Srbeny, Passlack because he walked into a club with almost £60m worth of talent to cash in on. A very fortunate set of circumstances. 

I've asked you about 10 times to explain what you believe to be "the project" and, well, you don't really seem to know. If it is simply to try and produce more of our own players then I'm afraid I don't see how that sets us apart. 

If it is to try and move up the published lists of academy productivity rankings then that is great, but that's from a base point of starting behind Coventry and Leeds. 

Our model seems to amount to produce more top level players to help ensure we are self sufficient and try and get value on the transfer market for first team players. Don't most clubs have similar aims? 

Rupp, Heise and Drmic.... are we getting value on the transfer market? Or are we loading ourselves up with deadwood again?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We aren't doing anything special.

We just had a good crop of youngsters, like we did in the 90's, and now we've got a few people who think we are Ajax. 

Cash in on our assets (which I'm sure we'll do soon) and the similarities with the Megson/Hamilton/Rioch years are startling with the constant churn of average players from the continent with a few coming good.

Rupp, Drmic, Duda, all sh*t. That's the latest three. 

There is nothing more to "the project" other than refunding an academy which had to recover from a decade of neglect from the late 90's to the point where McNally took over. We had a very good academy before Delia closed the satellite's. 

Webber has been able to afford this constant churn of dross like Heise, Franke, Husband, Raggett, Srbeny, Passlack because he walked into a club with almost £60m worth of talent to cash in on. A very fortunate set of circumstances. 

I've asked you about 10 times to explain what you believe to be "the project" and, well, you don't really seem to know. If it is simply to try and produce more of our own players then I'm afraid I don't see how that sets us apart. 

If it is to try and move up the published lists of academy productivity rankings then that is great, but that's from a base point of starting behind Coventry and Leeds. 

Our model seems to amount to produce more top level players to help ensure we are self sufficient and try and get value on the transfer market for first team players. Don't most clubs have similar aims? 

Rupp, Heise and Drmic.... are we getting value on the transfer market? Or are we loading ourselves up with deadwood again?

The project is to establish Norwich City long-term as a regular Premier League club.

We are doing this by investing in the youth side, buying a great many young prospects in the hopes one or two turn into a Maddison or a Godfrey and cash a big profit. This money will then be used to build a side of more established players capable of sustaining a Premier League existence. I believe there's also a 'moneyball' factor in our recruitment where we try and find good players others have dismissed and get them firing again.

I think the hard part for most fans is that although it would be grand, Norwich City evolving into a PL team was never, ever going to be with Ben, Max and Jamal playing in defence. We're playing a much longer game than that. 

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This

A disappointing  season but not entirely unexpected.

Farke is in no danger of getting the push in my opinion.

I really hope you’re right, Ricky but I’d more concerned that it might just be he might who’s getting fed up with those that will settle for nothing less than Pep Guardiola.

And for the record, I’d put my house on Guardiola not have done anywhere near as magnificently under the restraint that Farke has. Him and Webber are the best things to happen to our club for I don’t even know how long. But let’s be real smart about this and get their backs up so we can go back to square one 👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

The project is to establish Norwich City long-term as a regular Premier League club.

We are doing this by investing in the youth side, buying a great many young prospects in the hopes one or two turn into a Maddison or a Godfrey and cash a big profit. This money will then be used to build a side of more established players capable of sustaining a Premier League existence. I believe there's also a 'moneyball' factor in our recruitment where we try and find good players others have dismissed and get them firing again.

I think the hard part for most fans is that although it would be grand, Norwich City evolving into a PL team was never, ever going to be with Ben, Max and Jamal playing in defence. We're playing a much longer game than that. 

You really get it!

THIS!

(Sorry I ran out of hearts and cups!)

For me, the age old division between our supporters on this stems from perspective. Immediate term and long term.

If football is your escapism and you want to see 90 mins of victory, goals, clean sheets and survival RIGHT NOW then maybe Norwich isn't the club for you or you might need to take a sabbatical?!

We are strapped into this long term project in light of recent relegations and their consequences. We've learned from our experiences. Thank goodness.

People might as well trust in the folk that delivered them the EFL trophy (and have far more footballing knowledge than them!) and get onboard.

You can't smugly clap when the sun shines and spit daggers when the fog rolls in. Support the club!

Be proud of and excited by the journey we're on. 

If you want constant success buy a Liverpool shirt - they can purchase it off the peg for you with their bank balance.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Why are you even bothering Mason. If someone needs it explaining to them i'm afraid they're not going to get it anyway.

26 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I thought it was "top 26". 

Although weren't we in the top 28 before the start of the revolution? 

If we intend to yo-yo a couple of times and then establish ourselves like West Brom did then that's great, but it is worth noting that they would strengthen each time they got promoted and then bounce back stronger having kept their side together whereas we've joined a small band of teams to just take the money and I don't think we've got any hope at all of keeping our best players after this humiliating season. 

We're going down weaker than we came up. Yes if we sell Max Aaron's for £30m we can reinvest some in the squad, but has our transfer business in the last 3 windows given you the confidence that we will replace and invest well? 

I think that's what has made my mood like this, the loss of confidence that I have in our transfer business after the last two appalling windows.

That's why I'm struggling to buy into it all now, not the league position.  

34 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

By "moneyball" presumably you mean money for Josip Drmic and his agent when we give him a 3 year contract just in case a once promising player hasn't been completely ravaged by 5 years of constant injuries. 

Tried that one with England International Matt Jarvis. 

You do realise that we have to pay money for Drmic to sit on our treatment table don't you? 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

By "moneyball" presumably you mean money for Josip Drmic and his agent when we give him a 3 year contract just in case a once promising player hasn't been completely ravaged by 5 years of constant injuries. 

You do realise that we have to pay money for Drmic to sit on our treatment table don't you? 

Do you think that a football club exists where every player recruited is a perfect fit and they make a glittering impact? 

This is reality not a computer game.

2 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Do you think that a football club exists where every player recruited is a perfect fit and they make a glittering impact? 

This is reality not a computer game.

I think there are lots of players that clubs won't touch with a bargepole because of permanent damage caused by injuries. They don't want to commit to a three year liability (that's what a contract is, a liability). 

It's the reason Drmic found himself unemployed, and why we got him for free. 

Footballers undertake a rigorous medical and they fail them often. That Scottish chap we almost signed failed his Celtic medical after rejecting us.

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fancy answering the question asked after the Friday game  TvB? Just in case you missed it I'll  repeat.... you  said that we might as well play Martin and Idah from now on, I asked of you were writing Pukki off too? And after tour judgements on the players  on Friday/ Saturday  in which you said almost no e were good enough, I asked you who you would start with? You  were clearly too busy at the time to reply but as you're now back and in fine bullish form, maybe you could tell us, given your previous comments, your starting 11 from the players available  . Many thanks,  the incomplete  spangler. 

I only have 15 mins of lunchtime left  so please dont disappear  so quickly again, we are all interested to hear from you,  honest. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why are you even bothering Mason. If someone needs it explaining to them i'm afraid they're not going to get it anyway.

About 12 months of asking YOU what YOU perceive the "project" to be, and yet again you are incapable of explaining it. 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Fancy answering the question asked after the Friday game  TvB? Just in case you missed it I'll  repeat.... you  said that we might as well play Martin and Idah from now on, I asked of you were writing Pukki off too? And after tour judgements on the players  on Friday/ Saturday  in which you said almost no e were good enough, I asked you who you would start with? You  were clearly too busy at the time to reply but as you're now back and in fine bullish form, maybe you could tell us, given tour previous comments, tour starting 11 from the players available  . Many thanks,  the incomplete  spangler. 

I obviously missed that question.

No I am not writing off Pukki, that would be a bit silly.

But we started two strikers in that game. 

Also, Drmic now injured so it looks like minutes available for Idah.

Good, let's blood him. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

No I am not writing off Pukki, that would be a bit silly.

But we started two strikers in that game. 

Also, Drmic now injured so it looks like minutes available for Idah.

Good, let's blood him. 

And the other players  , krul and two up top might not be enough  to beat man u.

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I agree they are not going to get it if they haven't got it by now, but we do need people to keep spelling it out.  Goodness knows I've tried many times and so have you and others, but someone needs to keep the message out there! 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:
4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Strange.....as I quoted you in my post, so as to bring it to your valuable attention.  

7 mins and counting,  I'm amazed you didnt have an alternative  11 at the tip of your fingers, Ready to show us exactly how  smart you really are.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I agree they are not going to get it if they haven't got it by now, but we do need people to keep spelling it out.  Goodness knows I've tried many times and so have you and others, but someone needs to keep the message out there! 

Why is it that nobody can just provide a link which says "Webber describes the project here". 

Because all I've ever seen him say is that we're skint and that's why we have the lowest transfer budget. 

This idea of altruism/idealism seems to have been partially manufactured by fans who talk about "the project". 

We need to produce players to sell to prop the club up in the absence of an owner rich enough to underwrite losses if we take risks. We don't want to spend big transfer fees on players so that's why we take a punt on high risk freebies or loan players who may have a point to prove to their parent club. That's the full extent of the project. 

Groundbreaking. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Strange.....as I quoted you in my post, so as to bring it to your valuable attention.  

Oh right, well I hope you didn't lose any sleep over being left hanging. How many times did you press refresh? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why is it that nobody can just provide a link which says "Webber describes the project here". 

Because all I've ever seen him say is that we're skint and that's why we have the lowest transfer budget. 

This idea of altruism/idealism seems to have been partially manufactured by fans who talk about "the project". 

We need to produce players to sell to prop the club up in the absence of an owner rich enough to underwrite losses if we take risks. We don't want to spend big transfer fees on players so that's why we take a punt on high risk freebies or loan players who may have a point to prove to their parent club. That's the full extent of the project. 

Groundbreaking. 

Why should people provide you with links?

If you've listened to ANYTHING that Webber has said since he joined you would know!

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

See... I think I do get it. 

I think that people who buy into "the project" don't really get it.

We need to produce academy players to be self sufficient as our owner doesn't have any money. In doing so we will remain a top 26 club having been a top 28 club when this special project started. 

Basically we are doing the same as Peterborough did under Barry Fry, only our cost base is much higher and he was aiming for top 44 so we need players we can sell for £10m+ instead of £3m. 

Sounds really special that, they will write books about us one day. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

If you've listened to ANYTHING that Webber has said since he joined you would know!

I heard him say that he thinks we had a good January transfer window. 

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not one of our squad was signed under pressure from multiple champions league sides to the cheers of children on the streets of Norwich. They're pretty much all a little bit defective and we look for the value therein; I believe eventually we won't have to shop in this market, but for now it represents best value for us.

I don't think anyone can state with certainty that we are weaker going down than when we came up. A back four of Byram, Hanley, Zimmermann and McCallum I would argue is at least as strong as the one we got promoted with. It just isn't as cool because they aren't all 12 years old and from our academy 

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Not one of our squad was signed under pressure from multiple champions league sides to the cheers of children on the streets of Norwich. They're pretty much all a little bit defective and we look for the value therein; I believe eventually we won't have to shop in this market, but for now it represents best value for us.

I don't think anyone can state with certainty that we are weaker going down than when we came up. A back four of Byram, Hanley, Zimmermann and McCallum I would argue is at least as strong as the one we got promoted with. It just isn't as cool because they aren't all 12 years old and from our academy 

Drmic 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I heard him say that he thinks we had a good January transfer window. 

Right, I'm hopping off this fish hook now!

Well played 😂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

8 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

This is shocking news, Cantiaci! Ironically, TeemuVanBasten reads more about Norwich City than other posters, and is therefore far more qualified to comment on such matters. So pipe down CC 😜😘