Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Sack Farke Now?

For the avoidance of doubt

On 20/06/2020 at 15:42, TeemuVanBasten said:

May as well play him and Josh Martin until the end of the season if they look like they are up for it. 

You writing Pukki off as well then or do we play them all at once?  So who makes up the rest of the team then , given your previous comments . What is your Ideal starting line up, bearing in mind what you have already written. I am genuinely interested.

Keep Farke bring in van Wolfswinkel on loan once his head is fixed!

Obviously we are doomed, however at least we'll win a few games next season.

Edited by Carra Rud

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If we are the new Ajax then trophies are on the horizon. 

Yeah but it seems that our players are already on the 'bleach'

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Very frustrated with Farke the last couple of games due to formations and wrong selections in my view. He has shown complete naivety. Like others have said he is still a reasonably young manager and should learn. The last games remaining all being played like cup finals was utter nonsense. We are going out on a whimper once again, which is a real shame and an embarrassment. 

He does however deserve another chance to get us up, if he indeed stays put.

It may be time to get rid of the likes of Tettey and start investing in players coming through like Sitti. Its quite clear our central midfielders aren't up to scratch, exposing an already fragile defence and the areas we need to improve on next season, albeit not playing against such good teams.

Tettey is the one holding midfielder who is up to scratch. We would be mad to get rid of him ahead of a season in the championship. Hopefully by the time that season is over Sitti and/or Gilmour may have proven themselves worthy replacements or even Thompson if he can ever stay fit. 

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Tettey is the one holding midfielder who is up to scratch. We would be mad to get rid of him ahead of a season in the championship. Hopefully by the time that season is over Sitti and/or Gilmour may have proven themselves worthy replacements or even Thompson if he can ever stay fit. 

Agree, until we have a viable replacement, prefersbly two, AT should be asked to stay. He was one of our better players last night.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Yeah but it seems that our players are already on the 'bleach'

It will all be over in a Flash.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

May as well play him and Josh Martin until the end of the season if they look like they are up for it. 

You writing Pukki off as well then or do we play them all at once?  So who makes up the rest of the team then , given your previous comments . What is your Ideal starting line up, bearing in mind what you have already written. I am genuinely interested.

I wrote that immediately after we'd played 4-4-2 and started Drmic. 

I think it's obvious who I want him to get minutes instead of west cork canary. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

What's my username? 

Why ask somebody called TeemuVanBasten whether they rate Pukki?

I mean, seriously? My next dog will be called Teemu, although only because Zimmermann is too long for a dog tag. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Zimmermann is too long for a dog tag. 

What do german military men called Zimmerman have on their  dog tags then...... Pukki?

I thought everyone played really well tonight but was everyone else screaming at the TV towards the end of extra time for Farke to make a change? 

Prior to the second goal we had 2 subs still remaining and Utd were camped in our final third for the whole of the second half of extra time.

So make subs to try and change the flow of the game, for an outball, retain possession, help defend or just waste time.

But do something? Far too reactive yet again.

Not to mention the usual goal conceded within 10 mins of half time.

1 minute ago, Clint said:

I thought everyone played really well tonight but was everyone else screaming at the TV towards the end of extra time for Farke to make a change? 

Prior to the second goal we had 2 subs still remaining and Utd were camped in our final third for the whole of the second half of extra time.

So make subs to try and change the flow of the game, for an outball, retain possession, help defend or just waste time.

What is it about Vrancic? It wasn't a fast paced game and would have suited style.

I've stopped shouting at the telly as the dog gets frightened.

3 hours ago, Clint said:

Desperate attempt to make your OP seem less silly and, to pluck from your vocabulary, 'reactive'. 3/10 

That was the straw for me that broke the camels back

Thanks for the success last year but this year has been so so poor

Tine to move on Daniel with a bit of dignity please 

Hogesar, is this a message board for opinions or am I mistaken? It seems that many people on this thread have a similar opinion to me and also many don’t. That’s perfectly fine, it makes for interesting debate. 
Certainly enough share my views for them not to be deemed ‘silly’. Of the ones that don’t however, I’m struggling to find any that come across anywhere near as nobby as you. 

Edited by Clint

12 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What is it about Vrancic? It wasn't a fast paced game and would have suited style.

I've stopped shouting at the telly as the dog gets frightened.

Try booing out of the window.

2 minutes ago, Clint said:

Hogesar, is this a message board for opinions or am I mistaken? It seems that many people on this thread have a similar opinion to me and also many don’t. That’s perfectly fine, it makes for interesting debate. 
Certainly enough share my views for them not to be deemed ‘silly’. Of the ones that don’t however, I’m struggling to find any that come across anywhere near as nobby as you. 

How many others want Farke sacked?

Theres Waveney the troll. 

Number 9 I guess .

Anymore out of the thousands of registered users?

Did you miss the question mark in the title Hogesar?

Edited by Clint

1 minute ago, Clint said:

Did you miss the question mark in the title Hogesar?

Your first line is "I really dont see the point in persisting".

So you want Farke sacked now.

In my opinion that's silly and unreasonable.

You said it's not silly because the amount that agree.

One is a troll. Theres one more. There might be another, dont know.

9 minutes ago, Clint said:

You seem to be judging this on results. Farke has developed players making them worth millions, why would we want to get rid of that.

He is responsible for, Premier league money, Aaron’s, Krul, Lewis, Godfrey, Cantwell, Idah, Maddison even if you look at Tettey he is now far more comfortable on the ball. 
A lot of our players will become top 6 players. Unfortunately for us we had them and took them through their development stage. If we had them all in 3seasons time we would easily become a mid table EPL team. Unfortunately you can’t have it both ways. 
If you want us to stay in the EPL with the type of players we have at this stage in their careers it ain’t going to happen. If you want to stay ( a club like ours ) you have to bring in an Alladyce or a Pulis, plenty of experienced older players and players not allowed to express themselves. When we played like that under Hughton many were bored to tears and said they would rather us play football and get beat every week. Now that is happening then people want results. 
With 5 fit centre half’s this year he may have been able to give our kids enough protection to stay up, but we will never know. He has been both the luckiest, having a wealth of youth at his disposal and the unluckiest with so many injuries.

13 hours ago, Clint said:

🤔

I think it is fair to say he's not using the new rules to their full advantage at the moment. 

You can make 5 subs but only in 3 increments after halftime. So we've seen lots more double and triple subs. Yet yesterday he made two one person subs in a row less than 10 minutes apart, meaning he could either make a triple change or not use his full compliment of subs. I think he's yet to use the halftime break to make a change.

Just asking? Whilst Farke cannot legislate for the ridiculous individual errors today, the team selection, performance, tactics and subs raise a great deal more questions again.

If West Ham fail to win, which I’m praying they do, today was a free hit. We expected to lose and did, with a performance that basically summed up our season.

The next three matches is where Farke will hopefully regain some serious credibility.

18 minutes ago, Clint said:

Just asking? Whilst Farke cannot legislate for the ridiculous individual errors today, the team selection, performance, tactics and subs raise a great deal more questions again.

If West Ham fail to win, which I’m praying they do, today was a free hit. We expected to lose and did, with a performance that basically summed up our season.

The next three matches is where Farke will hopefully regain some serious credibility.

He has plenty of credibility developing talent.

Maddison, Aaron’s, Godfrey, Zimmerman, Cantwell, Bundiea, Pukki, Idah, Tettey ( who has never looked so comfortable on the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

He has plenty of credibility developing talent.

Maddison, Aaron’s, Godfrey, Zimmerman, Cantwell, Bundiea, Pukki, Idah, Tettey ( who has never looked so comfortable on the ball. 

Maybe but yet another embarrassing performance ,It's so frustrating because lots of sides around us losing .I have no hope for this team now ,Not even a tiny amount if we don't have a fast start next year in the championship he's gone..😂

He has been so bad this season it is depressing to think he will be given next season to do it all over again.

his time is up it’s screamingly obvious, thank him for last season and move to the next chapter of the club 

Showing all the signs of a manager that has completely lost the plot, which more often than not leads to the sack.

Has anyone actually agreed with a team selection since restart? Vrancic and Steiperman seem unpickable, McLean is undroppable. Drmic and Duda regularly selected despite offering very little, particularly in the case of the latter and unlikely to be here next season. Cantwell, our best player since restart, dropped but Buendia, one of our worst, keeps his place. Pukki just seems always to be the fall guy despite still looking a better player than Drmic. Idah looks our best goal threat but on the bench again.

Can one of the posters who thinks Farke will guide us to promotion next season please explain the above? The players we’re left with next season will have no confidence left in the bloke.

I hope we win today of course as the fat lady still hasn’t started singing but every time I see the team selection, my optimism dwindles somewhat.

Edited by Clint

Time to end it now, God knows how he picks his teams, seems to have lost the plot completely, is he asking to be sacked ?