Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

What on earth has happened to us?

Yes we were bottom before lockdown and losing plenty, but we were massively unlucky in a lot of defeats and went down fighting. We were earning plaudits like "best bottom side in Premier League history" and "their performances are better than their league position". 

Now we're looking like challenging the infamous Derby and Sunderland sides as the Premier League's worst ever. No fight, no guts, no leadership, no effort, no chances, no goals, no quality. 

Maybe we actually are the best fans in the world, we're the difference between a half decent side and a team that would struggle in the Anglian Combination. 

The life-blood seems to have been sucked out of the club completely. Its totally embarrasing when even the BBC commentators and pundits rip us to shreds, and the trouble is they are not wrong in every aspect. 

Glad it wasn’t null and void. Staying up playing like this would be embarrassing 

No doubt in my mind that this is the worst Premier League season I can remember us producing. 

Worthy, Neil and Hughton got stick for some miserable relegations - but not since we were relegated from the championship have I seen so many 'no shows' in 1 season. 

• Like 2

How can an Everton side with nothing to play for bar a few meaningless positions in the league show more desire than a team who should be fighting for their lives? 

F***ing embarrassing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

The life-blood seems to have been sucked out of the club completely. Its totally embarrasing when even the BBC commentators and pundits rip us to shreds, and the trouble is they are not wrong in every aspect. 

You must have a different BBC to me because they have not torn us to shreds on the BBC I am watching. They were critical of our marking at the corner and said we will be relegated, hardly tearing us to shreds......

• Like 1

Shame really. I had genuine high-ish hopes for us at the beginning. Good coach, some really promising youngsters coming through and experienced heads to help them through. Other than one or two high points it has been a thoroughly disappointing season.

Not sure lack of desire was the issue today. We looked much better in that regard than we did against Southampton - hard to be flying in with the tackles with no fans etc. 

The issue tonight was just no spark, moving the ball too slow, no creativity. Plus shoddy set piece defending again.

We’ve not put out our best side in the best formation in either of the two crucial games this week. That is pretty inexcusable.

add in the usual inability to respond to the opposition getting on top in gsmes and to defend set pieces and it’s not pretty. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Farke is the worst premier league manager we have ever had that is the start of the problem 

Statistically you are correct Uncle Fred and let's be fair they mean everything to some posters.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

We’ve not put out our best side in the best formation in either of the two crucial games this week. That is pretty inexcusable.

add in the usual inability to respond to the opposition getting on top in gsmes and to defend set pieces and it’s not pretty. 

Not strengthening in defence or defensive midfield or adequate back up for Pukki pretty inexcusable really but Farke now seems to be making very strange choices. Key players lost confidence and we have zero back up... Poor transfer windows from Webber.

Just end now... Dreading Saturday

There was not one positive thing to take away from that dreadful performance. It was just awful.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

How can an Everton side with nothing to play for bar a few meaningless positions in the league show more desire than a team who should be fighting for their lives? 

F***ing embarrassing. 

They showed more desire ... really?!

I'm not buying that.

• Like 1

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

I'm not buying that.

You don't need to buy it, it was on the BBC for all to witness.

2 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I'm not buying that.

Of course they didnt.

But they could bring a £45 million player off the bench.

And people wonder why we lost? Narrowly?

22 minutes ago, South Sider said:

The fans being there.

Thats the only difference. Not sure it needed a thread.

Probably didn't need any replies either. 

And yet... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Repair Shop is now coming on......I wonder if they can work any magic with our club?......

Perhaps they can cut Duda's leg off and replace it with one that can take a corner.

Farke has made a lot of mistakes this year but I don’t blame him for this season. His hands have been completely tied and was given an impossible job. I’ve never seen a team promoted before that then fails to buy a player to improve the first eleven. The truth here is we have players in the team who have to be at the top of their game to play in the championship. 
Also on a side note this is one of the physically weakest sides I’ve ever seen us produce. 

11 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

We shouldn't be going through the motions. Everton are safe.

Agreed, that was meant be a criticism not an excuse. 

47 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You don't need to buy it, it was on the BBC for all to witness.

If you think there was more 'desire' from Everton on that pitch I'll never be able to find compromise with you! It just isn't true!

Was there less quality ... hell yes.

Have Everton spent hundreds of millions of pounds more than us ... hell yes.

Questioning the desire of your own club's players is a vicious criticism that should be reserved for footballers that really deserve it. Not these boys.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

There was not one positive thing to take away from that dreadful performance. It was just awful.

Hernandez, played really well

• Like 2