TIL 1010

Official Everton Match Thread.

We have looked better today. Not amazing, but better.

Duda and Drmic aren't pulling up any trees and would be surprised if they last much longer. But Rupp and Onel looking well.

After some of the comments on here I'm surprised we aren't 8-0 down.

• Like 1

I think we've shaded that half and look to have more belief. That latter point gives me hope. But, maybe we bring on some firepower later. Just hope not (a) on 85 minutes at 0-0 or (b) because Everton score

Edited by sonyc

Everton doing nothing and we are set up to not overdue it. We are giving ourselves a chance. Hold the nerve and Vrancic on at halftime.

Farke’s going to take Onel off at some point. He will be knackered in this heat TBF, but I can’t wait to see the meltdown on here.

I think we’ve done alright, Rupp and Duda look stronger on ball than Cantwell and Buendia meaning we aren’t losing it in midfield all the time, that is of course resulting in loss of flair.

Hernandez been excellent.

drmic ok.

keep it solid then bring in Buendia and Pukki soon

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Dreadful first half 

Back in your hole Waveney.

I know there's no football for you to watch but there's a survey on TWTD for you to do.

From what I’ve seen of these matches the broadcasters will want far more money back. 

Ok 1st half. The team looks more upbeat. Midfield more solid with Tettey. Damn I love that guy. He almost got his foot on the ball (passed from Duda?) and it would've been an insane goal.

Now Cantwell for Rupp, Pukki for Drmic and Emi for Onel.

Obviously he doesn't have the 'x-factor' that Emi has, but Rupp is certainly a lot more reliable in possession. A safe pair of hands. 

BBC aren't loving it, but I've thought this performance is immeasurably better than Friday night.

We're starting at 'solid' and we look a lot better for it. Having Buendia and Pukki ready to come on in the second half is a nice position to be in.

The 45-60 period is our kryptonite though. If we can get through the first quarter of the half with no glaring errors I think we could have nailed this.

Rupps been good but that wont go down well. 

Duda been ok. Hernandez a bright spark.

Dont think Drmic has done anything wrong either. Held the ball relatively well, ran channels etc.

No squad fully fit.

Squeezed up games.

Hottest day of the year.

Sensible to rotate.

Bring on the cavalry sooner rather than later though.

Can't get on with Drmic. Duda decent in op0en play but his dead ball deliveries have been appalling  .... three free kicks and one corner all pathetic.

Klose more up to the mark and Tettey busy. Hernandez best for us at the moment. Haven't really noticed mch from Rupp or McClean, but they may be busy without mention.Rest are par for the course.

Holding our own against an expensive outfit with a very high profile manager.

SUBS SOONEST DF.  and we might just di this.

I don't think Everton will be that bad again second half. We need to step it up a bit and time the subs well.

1 minute ago, Tired said:

Obviously he doesn't have the 'x-factor' that Emi has, but Rupp is certainly a lot more reliable in possession. A safe pair of hands. 

Safe gets us to where risk has better chance to pay off with limited downside. We have no option to go for that high risk gamble. What's to lose?

4 minutes ago, Upo said:

Ok 1st half. The team looks more upbeat. Midfield more solid with Tettey. Damn I love that guy. He almost got his foot on the ball (passed from Duda?) and it would've been an insane goal.

Now Cantwell for Rupp, Pukki for Drmic and Emi for Onel.

NOOOOO!!!! Onel is THE man!!!!

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

An improvement on Fridays game there’s no two ways about it.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

NOOOOO!!!! Onel is THE man!!!!

Onel is Onel for sure.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

I'd be tempted to bring Duda off for Buendia. 

Me too- see what some extra spark can do in a central position.