TIL 1010

Official Everton Match Thread.

So far so reasonably good. I wish we’d had this solidity in a few more games earlier in the season. That said I think we will need to make changes before we create a lot. 

perhaps the plan is to go for it with the attacking players once they wilt in the heat. 

31 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

You are only as good as your last game, or in Farke's case, the last 20+ games.

There has been zero progress this season

I meant as a club not as a season 

We're on top and looking strong.

Lot of 'fans' on here will not be happy.

Edited by South Sider

Duda is woeful at set pieces.

Solid and compact so far, back to basics sort of performance. Everton not trying to mirror Southampton though.

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

We're on top and looking strong.

Lot of 'fans' on here will not be happy.

I’m sure there’s something to moan about.

We haven’t scored whilst being on top. Farke out

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Just not enough desire to win the game, I am starting to wonder if he has lost the dressing room? They don’t seem to be busting a gut for him in either matches 

I'm sure the fact it's 28 degrees out there has more to do with any lack of desire you might think your witnessing. I don't think Farke has lost it at all. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Everton not trying to mirror Southampton though.

They did for the first 10mins or so but with the extra man in midfield compared to last game, they’ve had less progress that way and we’ve slowly grown into the game and pushed them deeper

• Like 1

It's been a decent start.

I've been a big fan of Tettey this season, very disciplined defensively - I think he would have made a difference against Southampton. Certainly reduces the overload opportunities. 

Hernandez too has looked promising. We really miss a player who can take players on and break with a bit of pace. 

Much better tonight. Onel and Rupp the pick so far. A shame we can't really make it happen. I think an understandable lack of confidence is telling. We've been in good positions high up the pitch but ended up back with Krul after a few passes.

5 substitutes. We've got 3/3 best players on the bench. Hungry players on the field. This is playing with high risk. But stakes are higher and last game was crap.

I like it. I like the options. I like Everton's defenders being tested and worn a bit and us having the option to switch Pukki, Buendia and Cantwell in during 2nd half. This is unpredictable for the opponent who were expecting the usual Pukki from the start.

• Like 1

Tettey the difference, just need Cantwell central with Buendia & Hernandez each side.

Not convinced by Drmic or Duda, very poor.

1 minute ago, Harry53 said:

For gods sake switch Drmic with Teemu. He is crap

Given how much Drmic has seen of the ball, I doubt Teemu could have done much better.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not convinced by Drmic or Duda, very poor.

Interesting. I thought Duda looks good when on the ball. Not working hard enough off it though. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Interesting. I thought Duda looks good when on the ball. Not working hard enough off it though. 

Exactly that, comfortable on the ball, but his delivery, free kick and work rate just not there. Hopefully he can get more into the game. Hernandez and Tettey have been superb.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can someone explain how Duda is starting over Vrancic? Absoloute fraud

They play in different positions. Vrancic is better with play in front of him so he can see the pass. He’s not a no10. The question is why isn’t he in instead of McLean. However we’ve been solid so far with the option to add attacking intent later (hopefully)

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Has Carlo Ancellotti brought his own chair? 😂

I’m more interested in the blue rinse hair dye he’s attempted!