TIL 1010

Official Everton Match Thread.

Just now, Making Plans said:

Drmic should have scored first 10 minutes but completely cocked it up.

Overall there is no way that he is a better option than Pukki.

I don't think he's a better player but Pukki has been struggling for a while now, and like I said, statistally Drmic offered us more against southampton

Well that’s an interesting team selection...

2 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

Other than Hernandez, "workmanlike" is probably the best acceptable word. Are we going yo grind it out, bring on Mario, Emi,  Todd and Teemu to nick it in the last 15?

Or is he saving them for Sat, and accepting the drop?!

Imperative we score first. We haven't won a single game coming from behind. If that really is the strategy, it's a bit risky.

Just so I am not accused of using "hindsight" for the record I would like to say that I am pleased to see Tettey back and cannot question the back 7 but I am both surprised and a little concerned at the front 4 tonight which is frankly weird.

I hope that my concerns prove unfounded and the front four deliver for us with a great performance but fear we will lack attacking threat/quality. 

It’s taken him time but finally he has dropped the highly ineffective Cantwell 

hopefully that will give the rest of the players a bit of confidence 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Just so I am not accused of using "hindsight" for the record I would like to say that I am pleased to see Tettey back and cannot question the back 7 but I am both surprised and a little concerned at the front 4 tonight which is frankly weird.

I hope that my concerns prove unfounded and the front four deliver for us with a great performance but fear we will lack attacking threat/quality. 

Hernandez is the only player in the front three that is decent.

I still have no idea why Ruup is on the wing, what a Ruup is or how said Ruup become a professnal footbaler

We wanted changes. We got them.

And to be fair the so-called strongest starting 11 isn't doing it, is it?

We barely had a team to out out against Man City, we even had 2 keepers on the bench, how did that go again?

I'm not saying this will go swimmingly and it IS a surprise, I'm far from optimistic.

But:

How about we save the moaning until we see how this lot perform? You know, SUPPORT the team instead of writing them off 45 mins before the match?

Reserve writing them off until after, if it turns out the judgements were correct.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ballsy. But can't really argue that any of those dropped don't deserve it after Friday. Drmic will be better as a lone striker. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

We wanted changes. We got them.

And to be fair the so-called strongest starting 11 isn't doing it, is it?

We barely had a team to out out against Man City, we even had 2 keepers on the bench, how did that go again?

I'm not saying this will go swimmingly and it IS a surprise, I'm far from optimistic.

But:

How about we save the moaning until we see how this lot perform? You know, SUPPORT the team?

I'm not sure any of us wanted Pukki or Buendia left out. Hernandez or Duda in perhaps. He's taken a big risk here. if it pays off then fair play but if it goes wrong we will basically have thrown away any chance of surviving in a week, partly due to very weird team selections. 

12 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Anyone got a clue as to who is going to score us a goal.

And it won't be Drmic

Farke, bit by bit by bit, is losing the plot

What is it with you and Drmic ? 

That's a ballsy lineup. Lose with that selection and he will lose the faith of a lot of backers. 

Nearly 70% of your goals relegated to the bench. It looks like madness or utter stupidity. He's taking a hoooge gamble here. At the moment only idiots suggest he should be booted, but I suspect some smarter dabs might start to doubt him if we lose after that 11.

Maybe he's given up on the league and wants the FA Cup? 

4 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Let's judge afterwards hey?

It's a matchday thread so you can rest assured that won't happen.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I'm not sure any of us wanted Pukki or Buendia left out. Hernandez or Duda in perhaps. He's taken a big risk here. if it pays off then fair play but if it goes wrong we will basically have thrown away any chance of surviving in a week, partly due to very weird team selections. 

Still waiting for Vrancic to start.

Got a feeling pigs will fly sadly.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Ballsy. But can't really argue that any of those dropped don't deserve it after Friday. Drmic will be better as a lone striker. 

Fair point.

Resting players for cup as league is gone. Only way this makes any sense

Can understand changing things up, but no way Pukki is behind Drmic after Friday's display.

Edited by kick it off

Just now, Jim Smith said:

How do we know the links between Emi and Leeds havent turned his head?

How do we know that Pukki or Cantwell aren't struggling in some way?

We don't. 

Now if this is a random throw of the dice that doesn't pay off, go nuts, give it your all. I'm sure as a collective we will.

However, I cant fathom how DF became public enemy number 1 overnight. And certainly today before a ball has even been kicked. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s taken him time but finally he has dropped the highly ineffective Cantwell 

hopefully that will give the rest of the players a bit of confidence 

I'm sure it was your opinion that was the main influence in Farke making the decision to drop Cantwell.

• Haha 1

To be fair none of the ones left out hardly shone on friday so let's see if the change works before the moaning starts.

We don't know whether any of them have little niggles, making a little niggle in to a problem means like Hanley, Zimmerman etc we end up losing them for all of the remaining fixtures.

The group needs managing carefully to get as many injury free for as long as possible 

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

How do we know the links between Emi and Leeds havent turned his head?

How do we know that Pukki or Cantwell aren't struggling in some way?

We don't. 

Now if this is a random throw of the dice that doesn't pay off, go nuts, give it your all. I'm sure as a collective we will.

However, I cant fathom how DF became public enemy number 1 overnight. And certainly today before a ball has even been kicked. 

He's not public enemy number one but its a very strange team selection which follows another strange team selection on Friday. Lets hope it comes off and the players who have come in are fired up but its certainly not our best side. 

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Agree, people have short memories and forget how much progress has been made, the club had a plan and never expected to get in to the PL in the first season of that plan.

Talk or suggestion of him being fired etc is nonsense 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I still have no idea why Ruup is on the wing, what a Ruup is or how said Ruup become a professnal footbaler

You know that saying about it being better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it... ?

Just now, yellow_belly said:

Re the team. A masterstroke or complete desperation from the manager?! I REALLY REALLY hope the former but fear the latter.

Feel it's a kind of "you want changes? here you go then shut up" kind of message.

I've seen some comments since the Southampton game that basically said it's easy to criticise in hindsight but nobody really questioned the lineup much before the game.

There are now comments in here saying that we shouldn't be negative now and should get behind the team.

When is a good time to question the lineup?

The one thing Farke has shown is guts.

After the last performance he could have limped in with a very similar team which wouldn't have inspired anyone. 

How many of those dropped did you feel played well enough to keep their place?

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

Re the team. A masterstroke or complete desperation from the manager?! I REALLY REALLY hope the former but fear the latter.

FA Cup at weekend, our best/ most influential players all benched.

Draw your own conclusions.