Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Hammers in the do do

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not been the best football since the restart has it? Christ, so many games been bad cant feel lack of fans has some kind of psychological effect on the players.

Must be so hard for the players, especially when it’s a nothing game, Leicester Brighton was abysmal 

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Must be so hard for the players, especially when it’s a nothing game, Leicester Brighton was abysmal 

Haven't even checked the scores, couldn't be less bothered. Watching  us play like it was a preseason friendly when it clearly wasn't, took away any excitement  I felt about footy coming back.

• Like 2

Spurs never really got out of second gear tonite ,but they didn't need too ,west ham were shocking, we must win tommo though. 

Well the incentive is there for us tomorrow..win and we're 3 pts behind West Ham...playing first at the weekend did us no good, lets see this particular carrot dangled in front of them makes any difference?

54 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

We need three teams to be in the do do apart from us which looks rather optimistic.

All we need to do is to get back amongst them. Win a couple of games and we will likely do that, then at least we give ourselves a chance.

Quite surprised when I looked at the table this morning that we are just one win off from being back in the fight, if other results go our way.  Being three points from 17th place is a lot more encouraging than six or seven points adrift and it puts pressure on the other teams around us who will realise there is another club there with them and that they are fighting to get away from three relegation places, not just two. 

We still need at least two wins and a draw to get above West Ham, but if the clubs around us carry on losing, it gives us hope till quite late in the season.  If we can get to the position of being just three points from safety,  it means the season goes on to the last couple of matches.  Don't forget we still have to play West Ham at home.....that could be the clincher...and West Ham's last game is against Villa. Lots to come from this season yet......

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

Our last game against Wet Spam didnt suggest we'll have much chance of winning the next one. Much as I'd love to be optimistic, our performance against Saints has convinced me we're down.

Having said that, if we win tonight, a tiny spark will still burn.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Our last game against Wet Spam didnt suggest we'll have much chance of winning the next one. Much as I'd love to be optimistic, our performance against Saints has convinced me we're down.

Having said that, if we win tonight, a tiny spark will still burn.

...I can just recall how 'ungracious' in victory many of their loud mouth fans were coming away from the London Stadium back in August..with many of them talking a top 6 finish this season.

How amusing it is to see them where they are now and it would be for them yo only be 3 pts above us with 7 games left

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...I can just recall how 'ungracious' in victory many of their loud mouth fans were coming away from the London Stadium back in August..with many of them talking a top 6 finish this season.

How amusing it is to see them where they are now and it would be for them yo only be 3 pts above us with 7 games left

That really does put it in to perspective. 3 points behind with SEVEN games to go *if* we win tonight. Anyone who thinks that’s not catchable must be bloody mad, it’s a 1 game swing then. Let’s just remember, we’re in a mini league with a bunch of other teams who can’t buy a win, not Man City and Liverpool. It’s all relative.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yep, their fans were tw*ts

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

That really does put it in to perspective. 3 points behind with SEVEN games to go *if* we win tonight. Anyone who thinks that’s not catchable must be bloody mad, it’s a 1 game swing then. Let’s just remember, we’re in a mini league with a bunch of other teams who can’t buy a win, not Man City and Liverpool. It’s all relative.

The worrying thing is, we can’t buy a win either

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The worrying thing is, we can’t buy a win either

That’s exactly my point (‘bunch of *other* teams’), one of these 4 (or 5) has to do something, and one of them, at least, will. Our form prior to the season stopping was actually fairly good compared to those around us. 

11 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That’s exactly my point (‘bunch of *other* teams’), one of these 4 (or 5) has to do something, and one of them, at least, will. Our form prior to the season stopping was actually fairly good compared to those around us. 

We’ve lost two on the bounce and not scored, I’m a bit worried, I won’t lie 

On a related note, would you want the Hammers to come down with us? Based on a completely unscientific gut feeling, I would have thought they're more likely to make a good fist of going straight back up than Villa, who will be in FFP disarray, and Bournemouth, who will be wondering whether their brief time in the sun is now over, and if Howe will be tempted elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

On a related note, would you want the Hammers to come down with us? Based on a completely unscientific gut feeling, I would have thought they're more likely to make a good fist of going straight back up than Villa, who will be in FFP disarray, and Bournemouth, who will be wondering whether their brief time in the sun is now over, and if Howe will be tempted elsewhere.

West ham would be amusing going down due to, well the stadium ad and all.

Villa I have never been a big fan of, mostly down to their fans being similar to Ipswich in a "we are a huge club let me talk to you about our glorius history" kind of way.. And Bournmouth have been punching way above thier weight for some time now, pretty much a leauge two club that got lucky and played very well for a while.

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

West ham would be amusing going down due to, well the stadium ad and all.

Villa I have never been a big fan of, mostly down to their fans being similar to Ipswich in a "we are a huge club let me talk to you about our glorius history" kind of way.. And Bournmouth have been punching way above thier weight for some time now, pretty much a leauge two club that got lucky and played very well for a while.

So you’d prefer those three to go down and us to stay up? 😉