Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

Colin joins Middlesbrough

Having spoken today to a friend who's a Boro supporting season ticket holder, she seemed very happy with the appointment. That said, I think she was just relieved to get rid of Woodgate more than anything else.

OTBC

Most boro fans are happy to get rid of Woodgate. Whilst he is "one of them" they - from the start - struggled to accept him as manager, as even though he is a fan, they struggled with the memories of the local 'big time charlie', (emphasis on "charlie" from a few anecdotes of people seeing him in the toilets of local pubs).

Hilarious, Ipswich fans have been going on and on for ages about how he was apparently taking over there.

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Hilarious, Ipswich fans have been going on and on for ages about how he was apparently taking over there.

This appointment is much more Warnock than that fantasy

I've been calling it for a while. They'll go for Steve Evans as their next manager to get them out of relegation trouble next season. Warnock goes to struggling Championship teams, Max Aarons wasn't even born the last time he managed a team at that level, they'll instead go for who is perceived as his lower league equivalent. 

He always fails at bigger clubs though, yes I know that sounds like I'm bigging them up but they are much bigger than most sides he manages...and their fans absolutely hate him. It'll be really funny, I've got the popcorn ready