Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

No sign of any preparation before the Reading game

Had anyone at Carrow Road down the proper preparation before the game they''d know that Reading would hit us from wide positions. Thus playing with no wide midfielders was a disaster. We were always on a hiding to nothing. Huckerby should not have played tonight.

We were totally destroyed by quality from the word go. By a team who knew how to pass the ball, get crosses in, and how to attack them. What did we do? We lined up with a 4-3-3 formation, with 3 cloggers in midfield, with little or zero creativity and flair. Relied on the long ball. Hoped Hux might produce a bit of magic. But Huckerby rarely produces anything of note away from home these days with such a poor supporting midfield. It''s about time Worthington realised we must play 4-4-2 away from home minimum. And it''s about time Worthington realised he must address the midfield shambles that is Norwich. This is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst midfield to appear in Canary shirts for 25 years. Abysmal. I''ll give Worthington the summer to sort it out, but he must produce a squad for next season with 5 quality midfielders. With a right winger.

Fancy giving me a trial in the summer Worthy? I swear to God I''m better than the players we field in the centre of the pitch at the moment. I''ll get fit for August. And then I''ll play for a sixth of the wages of our first teamers get paid. Simply not good enough.

Agree completely. It was no surprise that Drury, a fitness doubt, had to be replaced after dealing with their winger who apparently had one of his best games. The only tactic we employ away from home is the 4-3-3, undestandable given that we want Hux to be free, but this gives two problems.1) We have no width in the midfield and the full backs are exposed.2) We are numerically overrun in the midfield, especially by any team with a superior quality there - most other teams!Add to this the determination to play Charlton there, and the result was predictable!Selection and tactics, not the strength of our manager, who blamed it instead on a alck of commitment (-his other weakness - an inability ot motivate consistently!)

[quote user="Salopian"]Agree completely. It was no surprise that Drury, a fitness doubt, had to be replaced after dealing with their winger who apparently had one of his best games. The only tactic we employ away from home is the 4-3-3, undestandable given that we want Hux to be free, but this gives two problems.
1) We have no width in the midfield and the full backs are exposed.
2) We are numerically overrun in the midfield, especially by any team with a superior quality there - most other teams!

Add to this the determination to play Charlton there, and the result was predictable!

Selection and tactics, not the strength of our manager, who blamed it instead on a alck of commitment (-his other weakness - an inability ot motivate consistently!)
[/quote]

the problem is the midfield trio of Hughes Charlton and Etuhu is rubbish!!!!! totally crap!!!

i totally agree with everything said, but unlike poirot i wont be waiting for worthy to sort it out in the summer, he''s shown no signs of wanting to deal with it unless we got another loan on the right.

i cannot understand how any manager can have some many troubles with formations, we''ve had them all in the past couple of seasons. i cant even be bothered to carry on.