Indy

Positive.......have we ever had so many under 23 player with so much potential?

Just for kicks as I’ve no work this week thought I’d go through our squad, by god have we got a very young and very powerful squad for next year......on paper! If they fulfil potential we’ll be cruising back towards the premiership. We should be very excited.....

1st team.

Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell, Idah, Lewis, Godfrey, Martin.

On loan.

Bushiri, Famewo, Lomas, Payne, Thorvaldsenn.

under 21/23.

McCullum, Adshead, Guilmour.

New signings.

Sinani, Sitti.

These are just the ones which I really believe could well push on to better things, but have we really ever had such a wealth of young potential talent in our squad..?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

Just for kicks as I’ve no work this week thought I’d go through our squad, by god have we got a very young and very powerful squad for next year......on paper! If they fulfil potential we’ll be cruising back towards the premiership. We should be very excited.....

1st team.

On loan.

under 21/23.

New signings.

Sinani, Sitti.

These are just the ones which I really believe could well push on to better things, but have we really ever had such a wealth of young potential talent in our squad..?

We've done a good job of quietly in the background consistently signing academy players. Something ignored by most, and relatively understandably so because most fans will of course focus on the first team only. After so much accusations thrown at our club for not forward planning I do wish those same people would acknowledge when that changes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And to think the money from their sales will go straight to Delias wine fund

And there it is.

I've been wondering what your angle was since you came out of absolutely nowhere and started 1 in every 3 new threads...

What a great topic this is in these really poor times for Norwich fans.

Indy LITERALLY pushed this as a positive thread,  which it is, yet within 1 response you've made it anti-Delia/board. Real nice work.

Edited by South Sider
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, the future looks lovely really. This is a long game and our activity in the youth market over the last couple of seasons has been really strong.

When its laid out like this in black and white it really shows a positive side. 

Hopefully fans will start to see that there is a lot more going on than just Farke's substitutions and defensive injuries. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

1st team.

On loan.

under 21/23.

New signings.

Sinani, Sitti.

I posted a list on another thread, although I have no idea whether any will really make the grade. One I would hope does is Mair, the goalkeeper, because we are going to need one such soonish:

Daniel Adshead (aged 18)

Archie Mair (19)

Charlie Gilmour (21)

Aidan Fitzpatrick (19)

Melvin Sitti (20)

Sam McCallum (19)

Rocky Bushiri (20)

Adam Idah (19)

Josh Martin (18)

Daniel Sinani (23)

• Like 1

I think it is exciting and I like the strategy we've been developing very much.

I wouldn't expect any more than 3 new ones to come into the main squad (perhaps Gilmour, Famewo and Martin? Along with Sitti, Sinani & McCallum already signed and sure to be involved). I can see more loans for a few next season.

19 minutes ago, South Sider said:

And there it is.

I've been wondering what your angle was since you came out of absolutely nowhere and started 1 in every 3 new posts...

What a great topic this is in these really poor times for Norwich fans.

Indy LITERALLY pushed this as a positive thread,  which it is, yet within 1 response you've made it anti-Delia/board. Real nice work.

Cheer up, suns out the shops are reopening and we can leave our houses after 3 months, time for a sense of humour

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cheer up, suns out the shops are reopening and we can leave our houses after 3 months, time for a sense of humour

I'm calling it.

Waveney.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s a very fair statement but the sad fact is we won’t see a lot of them for much longer. 

As is the case for every club outside the top 4 in the country.

• Like 1

The thing is, you could field a starting 11 from that line up which would have most championship sides worried. As said by others we really are in a very strong place, we can afford to lose Aarons and Buendia for 50 million and slot in Sinani and McCullum two very strong players the same age!

Alfie Payne has been released. 

Gassan Ahadme, Jonathan Tomkinson, Andrew Omobamidele are prospects. 

And we have the brilliant Shae Hutchinson - all the best to him. 

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As is the case for every club outside the top 4 in the country.

To a point that’s true but I think we’re better than most at it. 

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

The thing is, you could field a starting 11 from that line up which would have most championship sides worried. As said by others we really are in a very strong place, we can afford to lose Aarons and Buendia for 50 million and slot in Sinani and McCullum two very strong players the same age!

If we added a bit of quality and spent 20% of that hypothetical £50M to go with the above mentioned I think your right. 

I think some people are getting a touch carrier away with Sinani- he's making the step up from one of the weakest leagues in Europe by all accounts.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think some people are getting a touch carrier away with Sinani- he's making the step up from one of the weakest leagues in Europe by all accounts.

I think the same was said about Hernandez and Pukki?

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

People certainly shouldn't assume he'll come good, just like people shouldn't have written Pukki of so early! Pretty decent trust in our youth scouting nowadays to believe he's obviously worth the gamble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

And Buendia, he was an unknown not playing tip tier football when we got him.

I'm looking forward to finding out what Sinani is like, he seems to have good close control and knows where the goal is so unless the goals in Luxembourg are bigger I'm sure he'll still be able to score over here.

City have signed many potential youngsters to fill 2 squads for U17 and U23 to fulfill Academy status.  Others out on loan would be considered to be of the most promise but are with lesser clubs. Cantwell went on loan to a Dutch club of a reasonable stature and returned a very good prospect the reports on our loanees are not particularly bright.  Raggett on loan at Pompey a good standard was doing well until injured normal for a City CB this season.  Would suggest most of these signings are cannon fodder and will not make it to the first team and never be heard of.   

Signings for the sake of it.

The reality is we’d be very lucky to get all these players o come through, but the level of recruiting in that age group has been very good. That list is very Trond and as I said have we ever had that many under 23 who are in the first 11, pushing the squad and with potential to push on in the championship next season?

Just now, pete said:

City have signed many potential youngsters to fill 2 squads for U17 and U23 to fulfill Academy status.  Others out on loan would be considered to be of the most promise but are with lesser clubs. Cantwell went on loan to a Dutch club of a reasonable stature and returned a very good prospect the reports on our loanees are not particularly bright.  Raggett on loan at Pompey a good standard was doing well until injured normal for a City CB this season.  Would suggest most of these signings are cannon fodder and will not make it to the first team and never be heard of.   

Signings for the sake of it.

What like Buendia, Cantwell, Godfrey, Aaron’s, Lewis and Martin you mean, I doubt they will make the first team! What planet are some negative city fans on!

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Eh? No they weren't.

Hernandez joined us from the German equivilent of the Championship, Pukki came in with top division experience from Spain, Germany, Scotland and Denmark.

UEFA rank Luxembourgs league as the 34 strongest in Europe- a whole 20 place below Scotland.

I view Sinani similarly to how I view when we signed Cody McDonald- a low cost punt that the player in question can make a huge step up in competition. Talking about him as a replacement for Buendia is jumping the gun a touch in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

And Buendia, he was an unknown not playing tip tier football when we got him.

I'm looking forward to finding out what Sinani is like, he seems to have good close control and knows where the goal is so unless the goals in Luxembourg are bigger I'm sure he'll still be able to score over here.

Buendia had La Liga experience and was playing regularly in the Spanish second tier- a far higher level than the Luxembourg league.

If you think so King.......all of them never heard off by any of us, until they made the impact they did.

I’ll rely on our scouting and coaching system than rely on this boards expert opinion for now, but as I said potential is there and certainly a replacement for Buendia along with McCullum to cover two players we could afford to lose if the money is there come next season.

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

If you think so King.......all of them never heard off by any of us, until they made the impact they did.

I’ll rely on our scouting and coaching system than rely on this boards expert opinion for now, but as I said potential is there and certainly a replacement for Buendia along with McCullum to cover two players we could afford to lose if the money is there come next season.

I don't think I'm espousing a hugely controversial opinion that the step up from the German second tier to the Championship is much less than the step up from the Luxembourg leagues.

Just because you or I have not heard of two players doesn't mean they have equal chance of being a success.

I'm not writing Sinani off- I'm just of the opinion he's going to have a much tougher time making the step up than Sitti or McCallum. 

Just now, king canary said:

I don't think I'm espousing a hugely controversial opinion that the step up from the German second tier to the Championship is much less than the step up from the Luxembourg leagues.

Just because you or I have not heard of two players doesn't mean they have equal chance of being a success.

I'm not writing Sinani off- I'm just of the opinion he's going to have a much tougher time making the step up than Sitti or McCallum. 

I don’t think so, it depends on how good the player is! Would you have said the same of Nedved or Rosicky from the Czech league? Both world class players in their day! 
It’s not always about which league you play in but attitude, skill and development.