Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

Terry replacement- your choice

So as we know tettey is on his last legs, has been past it since atleast 2015, and granted he has had a new lease of life under Farke. However, the CDM role is one we have needed replacing for a while and yet we haven't as yet done it.

So, for a bit of fun, who would you realistically go out and buy. 

We have obvious options in the squad (although who is brave enough to suggest Ben Godfrey?!) And there are youngsters who we haven't tried like Sitti and the supposedly incoming Mamba.

So as a bit of fun, who you fancy realistically?

I'll start with Ben Pearson of pne. He's young, robust, works that position really well for Preston, good passer of the ball and has had a man utd education. Must be affordable and would fancy Norwich. Any takers?

Not a specific name but we need a dominant replacement, most of the good teams have had a solid, physical, dominant centre midfield unit that you know will do the horrible stuff, we don't have one of those and haven't had for a while.

Always liked the look of Matt Grimes at Swansea although will admit I've barely seen any Championship football this season.

I once signed Pearson for us on Football Manager- red card machine on there!

We have Sitti ready to come in next season, but I think a lot of people forget about Charlie Gilmour who is one of the bunch of loanees (out at Telstar in Holland)

He was very highly rated through Arsenal's academy and they wanted to keep him before we came in. I imagine that we will look at both in pre-season with one heading out on loan and one taking up a place in the squad- still having Tettey for the year and at Championship level Trybull being a decent DM option means that there won't be room for the both of them IMO.

Never know. Maybe we'll play Godfrey there 🤣

Can I be the first to say Louis Thomson, would be fantastic if he could recover after the terrible luck he's had.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Can I be the first to say Louis Thomson, would be fantastic if he could recover after the terrible luck he's had.

Agree, the problem is he seems to be ome of those unlucky players who can never get a run of games without another set back.

We can't afford to carry passengers and I suspect he'll be one of a number that will be gone over the summer, probably end up at MK with Morris 

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sounds like the sort of player we desperately need, if anything.

14 yellows, 3 reds in 32 games last season. Missed 13 games suspended.

I think he's probably not right for us.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

14 yellows, 3 reds in 32 games last season. Missed 13 games suspended.

I think he's probably not right for us.

Yeah, that's pretty dreadful. I wasn't speaking about Pearson specifically anyway, but we need a more aggressive enforcer in midfield. It's been mentioned many a time this season that we've been outmuscled or bullied too easily, so someone who can put their foot in wouldn't go amiss.

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sounds like the sort of player we desperately need, if anything.

No, we need a young Tettey. Strong, dynamic, athletic, great footballing intelligence. Not a thug who occasionally plays football.

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

Godfrey could be the best DM this club has witnessed.

Perhaps if we ever have a fully fit squad of CHs it's worth a go. What we don't have in our midfield is natural athletes and Godfrey is certainly that. Not saying he won't improve in a better team but in my view he's still well short of being a top class PL player. In the Championship we would easily be just as good with a Hanley/Zimmermann/Klose/ANO combo in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 14:20, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Agree, the problem is he seems to be ome of those unlucky players who can never get a run of games without another set back.

We can't afford to carry passengers and I suspect he'll be one of a number that will be gone over the summer, probably end up at MK with Morris 

Thing with thompson as well was.thsy farke tended to play him in a more attacking role if i remember correctly?