Rich T The Biscuit

Emi to Leeds, apparently

Thoughts.

If as reported its £20m plus then it would be an interesting one, although if he is settled and happy here then guess the club would be in a position to say no thanks.

Mind you after Friday night, maybe we should snap their hand off for that money?!

Would rather dip my balls in a fireant mound that watch emi join Leeds.

Highly doubt he would go from us, a relegation threatned club to a club which will no doubt be in the same position as us next season?

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

£20 million nonsense £40 million plus and then you are taking 

Sorry, but that sort of valuation is over the top. 

He's not proven much at this level, albeit in a poor side. He's a star championship player, that's all that's certain at the minute. Still has potential and has shown flashes this season, but given the performances of the team and his own, and the current economic climate, his value is much closer to £20 million than £40 million, IMO. 

Edited by Il Pirata

Not got the goals we hoped for but by far the classiest player at the club. It’s not just about wether he’d be interested but equally how much Norwich would want the money. 

29 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Sorry, but that sort of valuation is over the top. 

He's not proven much at this level, albeit in a poor side. He's a star championship player, that's all that's certain at the minute. Still has potential and has shown flashes this season, but given the performances of the team and his own, and the current economic climate, his value is much closer to £20 million than £40 million, IMO. 

The rumour is a load of rubbish but certainly Premier League clubs will see him as more than good enough at this level, considering in a poor side he is the 5th best in the entire league for assists, having set a new record for most chances created in a single calendar month in December (27, and thats despite not being in the team at the start of the month).

His flaws in losing the ball in dangerous positions etc which I find insanely frustrating can be better covered in a better team. If he wants to go he'll have much better offers than Leeds.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The rumour is a load of rubbish but certainly Premier League clubs will see him as more than good enough at this level, considering in a poor side he is the 5th best in the entire league for assists, having set a new record for most chances created in a single calendar month in December (27, and thats despite not being in the team at the start of the month).

His flaws in losing the ball in dangerous positions etc which I find insanely frustrating can be better covered in a better team. If he wants to go he'll have much better offers than Leeds.

We could end up being a little jealous of Leeds. You might not like them but when they’re promoted I think they’ll not be shy at spending a few quid.

40,000 lively fans for home matches and being  media darlings might be quite appealing to some players. 

The conspiracy theorists might suggest that Leeds may seek to poach the cream of the NCFC squad, seeing as they're finally a division above. I can't for the life of me imagine why that might be! 😁

(p.s. if he does choose to jump ship, I'd be horrified, disgusted, disenfranchised, repulsed, aghast, appalled, dismayed, outraged, sickened, affronted and generally a bit upset, all in equal measure, if he chose that ignorant shower of sh!te)

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The more analytically minding teams will certainly be happy to take a look at him I'd imagine.

He'd thrive in a team like Wolves for instance. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We could end up being a little jealous of Leeds. You might not like them but when they’re promoted I think they’ll not be shy at spending a few quid.

40,000 lively fans for home matches and being  media darlings might be quite appealing to some players. 

I don't care how much Leeds spend. I won't be jealous of them. I have family that are Leeds fans, it's a fault in them but they're family so not much I can do. They've been below us for god knows how many years now, that's been hard for them to take.

Ever since we pinched the League One title from them they've struggled to let go. They're still determined to try and bottle this glorious opportunity.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

The more analytically minding teams will certainly be happy to take a look at him I'd imagine.

He'd thrive in a team like Wolves for instance. 

Wolves would be a great shout for him, annoyingly. 

As the issue of promotion and relegation is not yet decided, there is no certainty that they will be in the PL and us in the Championship.  Leeds have it well within them to bottle their position - and there is still hope that we can somehow find the form/confidence that can see us pick up points to stay up.

Either way, there is still the possibility that we will get relegated and Leeds bottle it and we would then be in the same division, so he would be better off staying with us. 

Will we need to sell to get money? I don't believe so, not for peanuts, anyway - if there are to be any sales it would have to be for silly money and is there much silly money around in the present cirumstances?  Who knows.........

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Wolves would be a great shout for him, annoyingly. 

Agree but their midfield is full of that kind if talent, Neves and Neto are quality so unless they lose one I'd be surprised if he ended up there.

Know what you mean about annoyingly but they were good to watch the other night.

8 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

He’s the one player we can’t afford to lose. Irreplaceable!    We did it once with Emi for Maddison but the chances of twice are almost nil!    

Sometimes wonder whether Sinani was brought in to replace, although having watched his highlights he reminds me a bit of Wes in the way he plays 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would rather dip my balls in a fireant mound that watch emi join Leeds.

Highly doubt he would go from us, a relegation threatned club to a club which will no doubt be in the same position as us next season?

He would. Be under no illusions when we go down the promoted and mid table clubs will be picking over our bones (some good players on modest wages) and the players will want to go if prem moves arise, even if to relegation candidates. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He would. Be under no illusions when we go down the promoted and mid table clubs will be picking over our bones (some good players on modest wages) and the players will want to go if prem moves arise, even if to relegation candidates. 

And if we get offered 20 mill for him he'll be gone.

That's a great return on a player who cost somewhere between 1.5 and 5 depending on who you believe.

12 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Sometimes wonder whether Sinani was brought in to replace, although having watched his highlights he reminds me a bit of Wes in the way he plays 

Give Buendia the ball around the opponents box, he is brilliant, ask him to cover a full back, he’s rarely going to get opportunities to use his exceptional talent.  Or be in the right position on the park to affect games.   Sadly, we’ve failed to get the best out of him.   For me he should be central of the 3 with the free role and Pukki won’t be so isolated then!  

Be good to see what Sinani can achieve but we can’t expect him to step out of his current level and thrive in the Championship next season.    For the project to continue, we have to keep the better talent.    The ones we need to allow to leave are Leitner, Trybull, Stiepermann and Tettey.   Duda will be gone anyway.    

17 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That's a great return on a player who cost somewhere between 1.5 and 5 depending on who you believe.

It's not a case of who you believe  , we paid 1.5 up front, extras on promo/ apps etc bringing it up to 5.  

20 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Not in terms of the project....He’s worth more to us in terms of getting promoted than the £15-£20m profit!

I had a look at the all important stats (www.saddo.com)

He is 5ft 8 in his boots, played all of his games outfield this season, can kick with both feet (not at the same time) and has passed the ball to our false number 7 more times in the second half at Carrow Road than any other City player.... bar some.

He averages 6mph when running, 3mph when walking and no mph when standing still (or at half time)

100% pass rate in the warm up, though nil in goal kicks.  Shots missed average 11.38 ft off target, and shots on target average 17.54 yards away from the goal line

He  is also Argentian.

The above should save Leeds the hassle of watching him.

Edited by Bill

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

I had a look at the all important stats (www.saddo.com)

He is 5ft 8 in his boots, played all of his games outfield this season, can kick with both feet (not at the same time) and has passed the ball to our false number 7 more times in the second half at Carrow Road than any other City player.... bar some.

He averages 6mph when running, 3mph when walking and no mph when standing still (or at half time)

100% pass rate in the warm up, though nil in goal kicks.  Shots missed average 11.38 ft off target, and shots on target average 17.54 yards away from the goal line

He  is also Argentian.

The above should save Leeds the hassle of watching him.

The above would have most people mock your stupidity.  Wtf is Argentian ? If you read your  guff through before  you  posted and had any sense of self respect, you'd  delete most of it.

Coward , Liar.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The above would have most people mock your stupidity.  Wtf is Argentian ? If you read your  guff through before  you  posted and had any sense of self respect, you'd  delete most of it.

Coward , Liar.

most of it ?

Good to see some parts are ok

which is more than I can say about you, and your obsession

I am not that important..... honestly

Perhaps you should just ignore my posts, others do as you ,,,,,frequently keep telling us (but not you)

Maybe you need a few more pms to help you 😁

To be honest, he’s a luxury player who hasn’t fulfilled his potential, if Leeds want him then as said 25 million with additions wouldn’t be a bad thing. We’ve just signed his replacement from Luxembourg so not issue there really.

Aarons too , I assume we’ll sign the young lad from Sunderland at 500,000 we could well sell for 30 million to Spurs and end up with two very good replacements to cover those positions and 50 million in the kitty.

I’d be happy with that, allowing us to spend on strengthening where we really need it, CB and CM big ball winning midfielder, the new Tettey.

Edited by Indy

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

To be honest, he’s a luxury player who hasn’t fulfilled his potential, if Leeds want him then as said 25 million with additions wouldn’t be a bad thing. We’ve just signed his replacement from Luxembourg so not issue there really.

Aarons too , I assume we’ll sign the young lad from Sunderland at 500,000 we could well sell for 30 million to Spurs and end up with two very good replacements to cover those positions and 50 million in the kitty.

I’d be happy with that, allowing us to spend on strengthening where we really need it, CB and CM big ball winning midfielder, the new Tettey.

Could be a big war chest for Daniel to use in the summer then. 

• Haha 2