Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liverpool vs Everton- Match thread

Not Everton related, but I will say Minamino has surprised me. When he signed for Liverpool I thought it was very odd, just a japanese international liverpool sponsership advertisment signing.

Been pretty pleased to be proved wrong, rapid pace, eye for goal and some fantastic dribbling skills, much better player than I thought he was/would be

TBH, those two are better than House Spiv

" Is there a case for Norwich staying up?"

"No" - he could've mentioned a Cup Run or found something positive like a 'With a budget they have'....anything. Gave Lineaker the perfect opportunity to diss our club. He'd rather be associated with Villa - well they're going down too Mr Dublin...

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So nothing changes?

Least it's not Keane

Lets

Edited by Foxy2600
Oops

The chances are so so sooo remote but Liverpool not getting the premier league title would be the funniest thing that’s ever happened

they looked like true champions today, walking out of the portakabin into the empty stadium.

lets face it, this season doesn’t count.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tedious game so far, I dozed off!

Can't help but wonder if there's something psycological?

I mean, the almost 3 months off can't help and all but when players play a match in an empty stadium it's for training

Maybe they all just see the empty stadium and switch into some kind of "not a real match" mode or something without realizing

Has it been brought up on any other threads that some of these footballers have clearly had professional haircuts during the lockdown?

Honestly, if we put out our B Team against Red or Blue, on the performance I've seen we could beat either. Just seen Mane go down when the right back gave him a nipple tweak. Can't Stockley Park review this? 

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Has it been brought up on any other threads that some of these footballers have clearly had professional haircuts during the lockdown?

You unaware that the rich live in a different world with different rules to the rest of us?

Also, why is VAR different in these post lockdown games? We’ve had at least 3 different versions of it this season.

this season just doesn’t count, in so many ways.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

You unaware that the rich live in a different world with different rules to the rest of us?

You are bang on there. 

im sure I’m being cynical and mane’s missus put that blonde streak down his head in the kitchen like the rest of us

Sorry, Jay Leno's Garage is calling. Oh, and the washing up on Fathers Day. See ya Wednesday....................

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Our A team got pummelled by a half-decent Southampton.

You're right. I think, watching them that they are more motivated by who they will be playing for next season. And as for the Norwich game, I couldn't agree more. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Sorry, Jay Leno's Garage is calling. Oh, and the washing up on Fathers Day. See ya Wednesday....................

Quality show that, enjoy!

Just watched 15 mins of this and it was enough.

One massive positive us that we don't have to play a sterile derby against the binners 

Edited by nutty nigel

It's pathetic without a crowd isn't it? Soccer, unlike Baseball, Cricket or American Football isn't a "skill" game with constant breaks that you can dip in and out of, admire a pitch, a shot, a catch. Without a crowd soccer has no core, no flow, no emotion and it shows in the play and your appreciation of the play. It's not worth watching.

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It's pathetic without a crowd isn't it? Soccer, unlike Baseball, Cricket or American Football isn't a "skill" game with constant breaks that you can dip in and out of, admire a pitch, a shot, a catch. Without a crowd soccer has no core, no flow, no emotion and it shows in the play and your appreciation of the play. It's not worth watching.

This is a taste of the cold, emotionless future of football

Well 2nd half and Liverpool have stepped up and are at last working Everton hard, their players are beginningto blow.  That should give us a little bit of an advantage Wednesday surely?  Clutching at straws again .....

27 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yes it's soulless.

Fans find tv coverage an absolute ball ache. With the weird kick off times they can feel pushed out to accommodate the tv subscribers. But this shows the fans in the stadium are more important  to the tv companies than they maybe realised. Their product suffers for fans not being there. 

• Like 1