How about getting Culverhouse in as Farke’s no. 2 next season for his tactical nouse?  He can then take over once Farke leaves in the near future (the next couple of years). 

Farke will want his own team but culverhouse is certainly one to watch again... the power behind Lambert I’m lead to believe.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Farke will want his own team but culverhouse is certainly one to watch again... the power behind Lambert I’m lead to believe.

Lambert is nothing without him.

Honestly Lambert is a fraud and in retrospect I'm sure most would agree his time with us was a fluke, just look at his career since he left us.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lambert is nothing without him.

Honestly Lambert is a fraud and in retrospect I'm sure most would agree his time with us was a fluke, just look at his career since he left us.

I can't call 3 good seasons at City a fluke (and 2 of those were the best times I have had as a City fan). The bloke's is an utter **** now but careful history is rewritten.

• Like 2

Lambert had a fair wind, not just with having Culverhouse, behind him. He also inherited the likes of Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan, amongst others. 

He was,however,  a massive success  story at NCFC and he managed to galvanise the right things at the right time.

He is a shadow of that manager now though.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I can't call 3 good seasons at City a fluke (and 2 of those were the best times I have had as a City fan). The bloke's is an utter **** now but careful history is rewritten.

You cant fluke 3 seasons.

Just like we couldn't fluke promotion last season (an argument I had on the facebook groups last night in fact)

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think the point is that he had Culverhouse with him for those three seasons, once they parted company Lambert went downhill fast 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You cant fluke 3 seasons.

Just like we couldn't fluke promotion last season (an argument I had on the facebook groups last night in fact)

Oh God we haven't got to that stage have we?😩😀

31 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think the point is that he had Culverhouse with him for those three seasons, once they parted company Lambert went downhill fast 

Cully obviously played a massive part in getting the best out of Lambert but I feel that was a very rare occurence when everything alligned perfectly. From the management, coaching to a lot of great players hitting their peaks.

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

Oh God we haven't got to that stage have we?😩😀

Yeah but this guy was a somewhat exceptional example Herman. 

When pressed on why It was a fluke we got promoted last season his response was, genuinely, that because we werent the bookies favourites to go up we must have fluked it...

Not a fluke but a very specific personality and type of management that matched up perfectly with the existing squad and a club-wide willingness to let him control everything. 

Since then he's bounced from club to club falling out with as many people as possible when they don't totally invest in his way of doing things before washing up in Ipswich. Can't wait to see how long he lasts next year.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In answer to the OP, no thanks!

Why not get Karsa as well and let them bully our youngsters. Great move.

I’d love to actually know what happened with the bullying thing 

The 3 seasons under Lambert - League 1 Champions to 2nd in the Championshsip then a comfortable mid table finish in the Premiership were 3 wonderful seasons for Norwich City. Lambert and Culverhouse were a great team, nothing that has happened since can change that.

Lamberts idea when he left for Villa was to have a couple or 3 good seasons at Villa who are a bigger club than Norwich then get a job at Man U or Liverpool or Man C and become the modern version of Alex Ferguson.

Obviously things haven't turned out like that and hes certainly gone done hill since parting company with Culverhouse who many said provided the tactical nous in the team as Lamberts strange tactics at the S **** are now proving. Now Lamberts just an old has been who knows he never going to achieve what he thought he was and is just blagging a wage while clubs are silly enough to employ him as a manager. The S **** job will almost certainly be his last managerial role and they'd of already got shot of him with his poor record there if they wern't so messed up. 

As for Culverhouse, with no disrespect intended to King's Lynn who are a great non League set up (and good luck to them next season in the 5th tier of English football!) but he should be employed at a much higher level than that!

Edited by kingsway
  • Like 1

I would get him in now so when we are relegated (unfortunately) he will have time to get to know players, And stamp his mark on them otbc

Would there be any harm in the club getting a defensive coach in, or would that undermine farke and his team?

Give ****-lis a call 😉

From what I understand (and this is from an exceptionally reliable source), Culverhouse and Karsa ran the show Monday to Thursday with Lambert often not even in East Anglia until Friday.  It was the perfect combination of the tactical nous of Culverhouse and the motivational leadership of Lambert that brought the success.  Karsa just helped to pull it all together, he was Lambert's eyes at Colney during the week.

At the time Ian had no interest to manage, he was very happy as Lambert's number two and as outlined above by Kingsway he saw a future as the next Mike Phelan (to Lambert as Ferguson), in the background but known to everyone as the brains behind the success.  

It was only after the falling out that Culverhouse decided he needed to try to make a go of it as a manager and this took him outside his comfort zone.  He didn't want to be talking to the media, or being the one to motivate a team, but Kings Lynn was the perfect way to start this.

My source tells me that he'd love to manage Norwich one day and that the feeling is mutual from the club.  He's very well respected in the boardroom at Carrow Road.

I think it was more of a falling out than anything else. 

I imagine that you could accuse Brian Clough and Ferguson of bullying. Culverhouse worked himself through the leagues and must have had a shock at Villa. Look at the behaviour recently of their players. 

Culverhouse would make a good assistant to Farke and he would be happiest in that role. 

Not sure about Culverhouse but there would definitely appear to be a need for someone to ‘give Farke a hand’ in terms of defensive coaching and structure.

i also think it would help to have someone alongside him with a lot of experience and knowledge of the English game (clearly areas he still needs to learn). I actually thought that was the plan initially proposed when he was appointed?

A Chris Hughton , Ian Culverhouse combination would be the dream team coupled with a stinking rich Chinese owner and we as a club would fly 

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

A Chris Hughton , Ian Culverhouse combination would be the dream team coupled with a stinking rich Chinese owner and we as a club would fly 

Complimented of course by a new chef in The Gunn Club.