cambridgeshire canary

Norwich have "made contact" with Rio Ave boss Carlos Carvalhal

I can't see Carvalhal being a Webber sort of appointment.

I would expect that if Farke were to move on this summer, we would see a like for like replacement - someone known to bring players through the youth system, play a particular style of football and able to develop players in his team. 

Not sure that fits Carvalhal's abilities to me. 

It's only right the club start looking at potential replacements. Farke has failed miserably this season and really been shown up, completely lacking in his in game management, zero motivational skills, and tactically naive. A poor start in the championship next season should see the end of him. However, Carlos Carvahal? No thanks!!

We are coming to the end of the Farke era, he failed spectacularly this season and it’s in the best interest of the club to start to look for the next chapter in the club’s journey 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

We are coming to the end of the Farke era, he failed spectacularly this season and it’s in the best interest of the club to start to look for the next chapter in the club’s journey 

The scampi withdrawl is going badly.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I mean it's not like he's had much funds to built what he wants.

Always have a feeling that if Farke was shipped to a top team and given a huge budget he would do much better with them than with us.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean it's not like he's had much funds to built what he wants.

Always have a feeling that if Farke was shipped to a top team and given a huge budget he would do much better with them than with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a job in the Bundesliga. Would be interesting to see how he gets on.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Watched all the prized assets sold off and won a promotion as champions. It will be a sad day when it ends and hopefully his choice. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a job in the Bundesliga. Would be interesting to see how he gets on.

He’d be fine if he had adequate funds to spend. 

The article literally starts by saying that reports 'are understood to be totally wide of the mark'.

Farke won't be sacked, and would only leave if a decent Bundesliga side came in for him, and has he really done enough this season to justify that? I don't think he has, in all honesty.

He's like the coaching version of Ben Godfrey: clearly has quality and lots of potential, but has shown himself to be naive this season and needs more time before he's ready to move to a big club.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The scampi withdrawl is going badly.

Should you not change your name to A Load Of Squid

No smoke without fire, cracks are appearing. If we continue on Fridays form I can see the call for a change gathering momentum, not sure about Carvalhal though.

Agree @CANARYKING, no smoke indeed. And you have to wonder how this story has got out, if it was indeed intended (my intuition is that it was). Daniel Farke has just spent 2/3 months back in Germany, who knows, perhaps that has given him some time for reflection or his family want him to be back there (the biggest personal factor I am sure).

Time away from the normal day to day provides a strange time of reflection for anyone. I would not be surprised at all that his 'journey' might be coming to an end, though I would feel great sadness too, mixed with praise and gratification for what he has brought to our club.

I think this weird story might have some legs in that we are sounding out folk in any event. Perhaps the players can sense it? I felt our performance against Southampton was very out of character. This story 'could' make sense.

Edited by sonyc
Of not If

It would be silly if we weren’t doing some contingency planning - there will be precious little time between this season and next, however it pans out - but whether this would be the guy we’d go for is anyone’s guess.

Why wouldn't DF look at a nice job in his home country and if there is some movement then we would have to be looking quickly. There isn't going to be much of a close season. 

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Total piffle.

Great word piffle.............Ricardo, and totally applicable to this story.😀

>the 54-year-old is keen to return to England when his contract expires at the end of the season

I think that's the key part of this article.

I didnt even read the article knowing it would be a load of rubbish based on nothing but having seen the article it self rubbishes it's own content tells you how likely it is.

I.e nil

I'd feel a lot more comfortable about this had Webber commited to us long term. We are definitely coming into the twilight of Webber's time with us and who knows who will replace him and who the new SD will want as their head-coach. Hopefully it will be Farke but we probably have to accept that it won't be.

Farke was more keen on being a DoF before he became a coach, I always had a sneaky feeling he would move up when Webber left and Riemer or another young coach would take over the playing side.  

That would depend on us appointing Farke in that role faster than a Bundesliga club does as their coach.

Better still let Farke do both roles with us. Why pay 2 people to do the job of 1.

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Gaining promotion from the Championship with a bunch of low level Bundesliga rejects and youth team players was nothing short of miraculous!

To then go into Premier League with no financial backing from board and just a couple of freebies with dubious injury records and a few loan players who don’t even get into their parent teams first 11, is it any surprise this season has been an abject failure?

Sure Farke has been frustrating in his stubbornness with team selection and ineffectiveness to make proactive changes with subs but given the resources provided even Klopp would have struggled.

Norwich could appoint 100 new managers but until there is a change at the top, the club will never progress and is just going through the motions, which may satisfy enough fans to maintain the status quo!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The article literally starts by saying that reports 'are understood to be totally wide of the mark'.

Well if it starts out like that, why report it in the first place? EDP you are acting as nothing more than a rumor monger.

10 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Well if it starts out like that, why report it in the first place? EDP you are acting as nothing more than a rumor monger.

Seems to be a rumour that plenty on here want to believe

14 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Because it was the EDP that made the enquiries to confirm it was wide of the mark. They're adding to the story by including a denial.