SwindonCanary

lEEDS ARE THROWING IT AWAY AGAIN

3 minutes ago, PhoenixUnited said:

I somehow tripped across your forum and unlike a lot of these yours looks a place where considered views are put forward with respect and without the bad language and offensive behaviour of some

You haven’t been looking very hard, have all the Leeds forums crashed or something ?

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

You haven’t been looking very hard, have all the Leeds forums crashed or something ?

Lol.

Some years ago there was a Leeds United Team Talk forum. It was a bit quirky and I used to post often. Then I went onto the Norwich Team Talk site for some reason that I forget and  posted something tongue in cheek and some of the Norwich started to give it back. Or maybe it was the Norwich lot that came to our site and gave it some.

Anyway, a kind of friendly banter took place and it was all a bit of fun. The Team Talk site however was "updated" and was so unwieldy that most people gave up and found somewhere else to occupy them

I think I'll drop in every now and then and see what is occurring.......

We’ll be keeping a close eye on our feeder club for next season, see who we can sign as we swap leagues next year! 😂

Nah just kidding, really hope you guys go well next year, you’ve played some lovely football and ground out results when needed too. There’s alway some form of disagreements on here, mainly started by our resident lecturer, you might have come across him by now! You can’t miss him, apparently if you believe you can win the premiership, nothing to do with the players or manager just the fans belief!

Have fun in the premiership hopefully stadiums will allow fans back very soon, all the reports of treatments and vaccines progress make us think it won’t be long now! Good luck dirty Leeds.

PS if you’ve not read Jacky Charlton autobiography it’s a brilliant read with fond reference to Leeds time.

33 minutes ago, PhoenixUnited said:

Anyway, a kind of friendly banter took place and it was all a bit of fun

We don’t get that on here amongst ourselves so you’ve got no chance

39 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

We don’t get that on here amongst ourselves so you’ve got no chance

Binner!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhoenixUnited said:

Leeds United fan in peace. I somehow tripped across your forum and unlike a lot of these yours looks a place where considered views are put forward with respect and without the bad language and offensive behaviour of some. 

First of all commiserations in falling through the trap door but hoe springs eternal and you have to hope that you bounce back next season even stronger but by golly it will be a hell of a scrap to get out of the Championship. I enjoyed watching your team whan they were last in the Championship. I hope you can pull another rabbit out of the hat! 

I have been a Leeds fan from the early 70s. Ah yes - the Dirty Leeds days when we were so very, very good and at times just damned unlucky. There have been a lot of thin and dreadful times and we are heading back to the Top Table after 16 long years. I never thought I ever see those days again. I am still on Cloud 9 at the moment and I don't really want to start thinking about what might happen next season. It is great to be back but I have no doubt at all that it will be a very hard task to remain in the Premier League. If we do as well as the Blunts have this season, I'll be dead happy   

You're welcome here (for me anyway). There's been a couple of WUMs on earlier who got some stick..... there are some parts of your supporter base who feel a strong sense of entitlement, plus some insecurity and like to score points. They couldn't understand that for our forum to have a thread on Leeds was actually a compliment (obviously it does matter to some Norwich fans so Leeds do matter, obviously).

Leeds have been one of the standout teams from the Championship over a good 2/3 years now. It was only a matter of time. You were heads and shoulders above the likes of Derby last year but something just fell apart. Karma then this year.

We had a wonderful and unbelievable season but maybe we weren't ready looking back in hindsight. Spending little didn't help.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Leeds fare with interest next year. At some stage we may see some kind of crowd. That will help. You play attractive football (like us if you can believe it this year!....but we have had a poor experience of VAR, horrific defensive injuries and since lockdown relaxation, we've lost all confidence .... actually we've been as poor as I've seen a Norwich team for maybe 11 years).

I'm sure you'll stay up (as I was before this season started). There are 4/5 very average teams and you only need to be better than 3. Mid table beckons perhaps?

Bielsa is a one off as a manager but all the more fascinating for his reading of the game, his humility. Years ago, a few posters wanted him at Carrow Rd. He has galvanised your whole club and brought a positive spirit back. 16 years of waiting to get back is a long time and few can honestly begrudge you for the football you've played.

Edited by sonyc

From what I have seen on the telly Patrick Bamford hasn't improved.  Someone who came to Carrow Road,  was hopeless, got sent back and hasn't been missed.

Bamford has developed as a player, he's never been the greatest finisher but his hold up play now makes him worth a place in a Bielsa team, whether he'll do better in the PL this time only time will tell. 

I worked with a coupe of Yorkshire born Leeds fans, decent blokes so i am happy for them that Leeds have been promoted and I hope they stay up. Funnily enough I also thought that Ben Godfrey could end up there as I think he would fit into their system.........

Had a bit of a chuckle after switching on twitter to find Leeds fans absolutely creaming themselves because their chairman has said they want to sign Cavani 😂

On 19/07/2020 at 13:26, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I think they have a bit of a dilemma now, as mentioned they have a system and players that know it and can play it; are the current players good enough for the PL I'd have to say no except for maybe a couple so logically they would need to spend or hope that like Sheff Utd they stick with tried and tested and hope that defensively they are strong enough, Sheff Utd strength was their defensive strength.

Having read lots on Twitter over the last couple of days and stuff from their CEO about how they should be seen as a champions league team I think they'll go all in on spending a ridiculous amount of money; the question with that is then whether they can quickly get new players to adapt to their style and be up and running early enough.

That's how Leeds got into trouble in the first place.

They dont want to do a Norwich and try to rely on 2nd tier players. I think we busted that myth. However Sheff Utd have shown that an unconventional tactic can yield.

Leeds would be crazy to make wholesale changes. Id have thought the best approach would be to bring in the players you consider to be upgrades, but have a season of transition, giving the new players time to bed in and learn the system, gradually displacing the shirt holder if their performances merit it

8 hours ago, Hadenuff said:

From what I have seen on the telly Patrick Bamford hasn't improved.  Someone who came to Carrow Road,  was hopeless, got sent back and hasn't been missed.

Bit like Harry Kane. Whatever happened to him?!

8 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Bamford has developed as a player, he's never been the greatest finisher but his hold up play now makes him worth a place in a Bielsa team, whether he'll do better in the PL this time only time will tell. 

I don't rate him but the fact Bielsa has stuck with him throughout suggests his overall game offers a lot to your style. Not watched enough of your games to know how true it is, just the impression I get.

14 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Bit like Harry Kane. Whatever happened to him?!

Not really like Harry. Bamford did get games at Norwich, not many but he had some chances. Wasn't Harry injured for most of his loan spell at Carrow Road?

23 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

Had a bit of a chuckle after switching on twitter to find Leeds fans absolutely creaming themselves because their chairman has said they want to sign Cavani 😂

So much you know! We are signing up all the superstars that you can only dream of for gazillions of dosh AND we are going to retain every single player in our current squad especially Patrick Bamford as his style really suits the way we play and it does not matter a jot that he fires blanks more often than not. It's all true I tell you. It must be as it says so in the Sun! :)

Me? I have a lorry load of salt on a standing order. In reality I think we'll probably try and do what the blunts did last season but also bring in a handful of additions perhaps 

1 minute ago, PhoenixUnited said:

So much you know! We are signing up all the superstars that you can only dream of for gazillions of dosh AND we are going to retain every single player in our current squad especially Patrick Bamford as his style really suits the way we play and it does not matter a jot that he fires blanks more often than not. It's all true I tell you. It must be as it says so in the Sun! 🙂

Me? I have a lorry load of salt on a standing order. In reality I think we'll probably try and do what the blunts did last season but also bring in a handful of additions perhaps 

I'm already cashing in my mortgage to lump on Patrick Bamford as Premier League top scorer next year. It's a shoe in I tell you. 

Good luck to you 👍 I think you'll do okay. Although I think a good portion of the Leeds fans I clocked on twitter absolutely convinced Cavani is going to leading your line might be a tiny bit disappointed!

5 minutes ago, PhoenixUnited said:

So much you know! We are signing up all the superstars that you can only dream of for gazillions of dosh AND we are going to retain every single player in our current squad especially Patrick Bamford as his style really suits the way we play and it does not matter a jot that he fires blanks more often than not. It's all true I tell you. It must be as it says so in the Sun! 🙂

Btw, mate of mine (loud, brash, likes to be centre of attention, so take with a massive pinch of salt) thinks Krul is attracting interest from your lot. 

Guess we'll see.

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

I don't rate him but the fact Bielsa has stuck with him throughout suggests his overall game offers a lot to your style. Not watched enough of your games to know how true it is, just the impression I get.

Bamford came in for some fearful stick from our own fans and his form suffered for it. Personally, he worked very well in this team and at the end of the day look where we ended up. On so many occasions though, throughout the season we dominated posession and, on paper, had 20 or so shots at goal but managed to get just one or two in and the opposition scored with every shot on target they had in the game. We lost a stack of points like that. He's done OK has Bamford and he's been a feature of a Championship winning team. Can't be complaining about them apples 

1 minute ago, DraytonBoy said:

We won't spend, spend, spend especially if we have to cough up for Augustin.

Yeah. This is another in a long line of dodgy deals 😿

On 21 June 2020 at 13:44, The Real Buh said:

Imagine if Leeds don’t win the championship and Liverpool don’t win the premiership 

finally some justice in 2020

😂😂🤣🤪. Never mind justice. This is a case of just deserts. Yum!

Now please tell me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Leeds fans returning on here to congratulate us last season. They just went missing..

Edited by nutty nigel

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Now please tell me if I'm wrong but I don't remember Leeds fans returning on here to congratulate us last season. They just went missing..

😝

Er ....so you were stone cold sober and wide awake to check at the time?