SwindonCanary

lEEDS ARE THROWING IT AWAY AGAIN

5 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Wow, just ******* wow...........

The ignorance has just taken on a whole new level!

Prior to lockdown, Leeds had won 5 on the bounce and were the form team in the league.

Just pathetic really, know absolutely nothing.

Ha ha, that didn't read how I meant to write it! It was meant to reflect a poor spell during the run up to it. 

Edited by Crabbycanary3

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Ha ha, that didn't read how I meant to write it! It was meant to reflect a poor run during the run up to it. 

Oh of course it did.

Fake news, nothing to see here, move along, just a simple typo.

Yeah, pretty terrible run during the run up to the run up of the run up, just before the run up to lockdown.

9 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Have you read nothing I have posted about the incoming takeover?

Anyway, don't you worry about us, if Wolves, Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace and Watford etc can handle it, Im pretty comfortable that a Leeds United managed by Bielsa with proper financial backing will be just fine.

yeah will see it when I believe it. There's loads of clubs owned by stinking rich people now (I.e. Villa), the days of Man City/Chelsea style purchased domination are done. As a result its a tough league.

You may well stay up and do well, you may not, I'd just be wary of getting to ahead of yourself. Maybe go back to WACCOE and enjoy with your own fans as well. If we're so obsessed then why are we not busy trolling your forums?

Given I live around Leeds and have loads of friends that support them, its obviously of interest to me and I wish them well but if you're really going to be a "Big club" again now then you need to move onto bigger battles rather than get drawn in with the likes of Huddersfield and Rotherham. I hope the big Man U rivalry starts up again!

6 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Oh of course it did.

Fake news, nothing to see here, move along, just a simple typo.

Yeah, pretty terrible run during the run up to the run up of the run up, just before the run up to lockdown.

oh for goodness sake, whatever.

Genuine question - Which areas of your team do you think you should strengthen, to survive/flourish in the Prem if you go up and with whom?

18 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Have you read nothing I have posted about the incoming takeover?

Anyway, don't you worry about us, if Wolves, Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace and Watford etc can handle it, Im pretty comfortable that a Leeds United managed by Bielsa with proper financial backing will be just fine.

Yeah but none of those clubs have to suffer with the level of self-delusion associated with your fans. You lot are really good at self-imploding, thinking you're bigger and better than what you are, getting angry about it and ruining your own football seasons.

Just to emphasise how far Leeds really have fallen, you're currently:

- On a Norwich forum

- On a Friday morning

- Gloating and bigging up how good your team is going to be next season.

It's like you're Colchester United or something. Or that other team down the road, but they've become even more irrelevant to yourselves I can't actually remember what they're called.

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

oh for goodness sake, whatever.

Genuine question - Which areas of your team do you think you should strengthen, to survive/flourish in the Prem if you go up and with whom?

"If" we go up, because we are not there yet........

But if we finally do - 2 strikers is a must, hopefully find a way of getting White to stay, experienced keeper with Meslier as back up and probably a new left back.

Lots of money required, but Im sure it will be made available.

Don't forget Bielsa has made a silk purse from a sows ear with this team, made a great team from a largely mid table squad that he inherited, I have no reason to doubt he can do it again in the Prem "if" we make it.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah but none of those clubs have to suffer with the level of self-delusion associated with your fans. You lot are really good at self-imploding, thinking you're bigger and better than what you are, getting angry about it and ruining your own football seasons.

Just to emphasise how far Leeds really have fallen, you're currently:

- On a Norwich forum

- On a Friday morning

- Gloating and bigging up how good your team is going to be next season.

It's like you're Colchester United or something. Or that other team down the road, but they've become even more irrelevant to yourselves I can't actually remember what they're called.

Just felt I had to point out the glaring inaccuracies, most of which were posted by your good self btw.

Don't forget the irony, that this is a thread dedicated to a championship team on a premiership teams forum.

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

But if we finally do - 2 strikers is a must, hopefully find a way of getting White to stay, experienced keeper with Meslier as back up and probably a new left back.

Don't forget Bielsa has made a silk purse from a sows ear with this team, made a great team from a largely mid table squad that he inherited, I have no reason to doubt he can do it again in the Prem "if" we make it.

Leeds fans tell me Bamford is not really a Leeds Utd type player. But doesn't Bielsa love him? Will he still be in your first 11?

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Just felt I had to point out the glaring inaccuracies, most of which were posted by your good self btw.

Don't forget the irony, that this is a thread dedicated to a championship team on a premiership teams forum.

Yeah, on a Norwich forum. Which you've gone through the effort of finding, signing up and posting on. Think big Lowfields, not small. 

4 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

That's what I mentioned earlier, that Bielsa has turned your team into a "great CHAMPIONSHIP team" (I added a word in there as it is important to the discussion) What you are hoping for, is that to survive or flourish, do you honestly believe? 

4 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Not very bright are you.

Read above about our past conmen/owners.

Now come on Lowie I never claimed to be very bright. 

I bet you welcomed each and every one of those owners. Bet you got well excited too. Didn't you.

2 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Hello there Lowfields. Enjoy this short YouTube clip - a while ago but still a beauty!

Yep, and all those "nasty" Leeds fans applauding what was a fantastic goal.

Doesn't really fit the stereotype narrative on here of Leeds fans does it?

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

It’s your clubs time, enjoy the ride and good luck. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

They did indeed, a few have told me. Lots of folk I know are fans (I live in the area). You still haven't answered my question though about Bamford not being a 'Leeds' striker. A fan of him yourself or do you think he's too lightweight? Never had much of a run here and seemed a bit aloof. Also needs so many chances to convert?

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

They did indeed, a few have told me. Lots of folk I know are fans (I live in the area). You still haven't answered my question though about Bamford not being a 'Leeds' striker. A fan of him yourself or do you think he's too lightweight? Never had much of a run here and seemed a bit aloof. Also needs so many chances to convert?

I like him, he puts a shift in and Bielsa obviously sees him as more than just a "goalscorer", he is integral to the way Bielsa wants his sides to play.

He is middle class, which is unusual for a footballer, although this shouldn't matter I think it is definitely used as a stick to beat him with by some when things aren't going well - "Tory boy" is his nickname for example.

The problem with Bamford for me is he simply misses far too many chances, if he was more clinical we would be up by now.

I also don't think he is Premiership standard and if we do go up he sadly won't get many appearances, but you can't knock his work rate he puts a shift in every game.

I also get what you mean by "lightweight", I think deep down a lot of Leeds fans would prefer a big unit up front, someone with more presence like a Mitrovic, but Bielsa stands by him so who are we to question.

But like I've said, I like him, despite his stupid dive against Villa last season where he let himself down, he's a decent bloke.

Edited by Lowfields1919

1 hour ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I like him, he puts a shift in and Bielsa obviously sees him as more than just a "goalscorer", he is integral to the way Bielsa wants his sides to play.

He is middle class, which is unusual for a footballer, although this shouldn't matter I think it is definitely used as a stick to beat him with by some when things aren't going well - "Tory boy" is his nickname for example.

The problem with Bamford for me is he simply misses far too many chances, if he was more clinical we would be up by now.

I also don't think he is Premiership standard and if we do go up he sadly won't get many appearances, but you can't knock his work rate he puts a shift in every game.

I also get what you mean by "lightweight", I think deep down a lot of Leeds fans would prefer a big unit up front, someone with more presence like a Mitrovic, but Bielsa stands by him so who are we to question.

But like I've said, I like him, despite his stupid dive against Villa last season where he let himself down, he's a decent bloke.

I agree, he has very good awareness as well as his conversion rate. I guess he also has the footballing intelligence to be in the right place to get the opportunity. Not so many strikers can do that. I can see him having a brilliant season, if backed (like Karanka did at Boro before) and scoring 20+. Not sure if he really has the physicality for the PL. We got found out this year. Nice on the eye to watch (except sh*t since lockdown relaxation) but a bit soft. That's been the Norwich way for a few years. The Leeds fans' chides are well founded on that front. 

Bielsa I know loves Pukki. You beat us at CR last year but typically of Bielsa, he could see a decent team in the making, feeling our league position was false (start of the campaign we were not at the top). He also deliberately talked about Pukki and that he wasn't a 'typical' footballer. Right again. He is a strange man but fascinating all the same and I can completely understand the love for him from your fans.

You've had some right ones for so long, managers and owners. It's been a soap opera hasn't it? So many Leeds fans have suffered all kinds of cr4p (this site doesn't accept lots of words....unlike Waccoe, so forgive the abbreviations).

I think the travails and a little entitlement encourages fans from different clubs to  pick on Leeds (that and an element of away fans behaviour). It then creates a siege mentality from some Leeds fans. We get six fingered cousins etc etc. Even before the home game at Elland Rd last season I bumped into a bloke I used to work with. 100% he just knew we were getting beat. He never considered that we were a decent team. It was a formality. It's weird.

Anyway, I'm moving away from the point. You won't blow it this time. No way will you lose the gap now to the 3rd place. It's nailed on. 

I wonder what it will feel like behind closed doors when you're in the PL? After all this time (15 years?)....still I expect there will be great celebrations and relief. My son right now is at his mate's (he has worked at EL seasonally on and off for years) and will be giving him grief! Your turn in the promised land to come soon now.

Get in 4/5 new 'serious' players and build round the team that got you there?

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Fair dues, it looks like Leeds are finally going to do it this season. A very good away win today puts them on the cusp of promotion, even they can't mess that position up. A very good team we will not have to worry about next year, bit of a shame really I enjoyed our tussles with them over the past few years. 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 18:22, sonyc said:

Bamford is barely a footballer.

Certainly a season for the neutrals, top and bottom is a rollercoaster ride since the restart.

On 10/07/2020 at 17:24, Lowfields1919 said:

Nah it doesn't fit the stereotype leeds fans, but quite a few years back some leeds things where walking around norwich abusing elderly men with young children and threatening behaviour to 99 percent of the people in Norwich 

How kind. An entire thread devoted to Leeds Did you honestly think that you would stay up with no investment and win 4-3 in the premier League week in week out? The reason Sheffield United are where they are is because they went up with a tight defence whereas you went up playing good attacking football but never addressed your defensive issues. You don't get Richard Keogh types playing week in week out up there do you? Don't get me wrong, you deserved to go up, but I would question your own clubs ambition. instead of ours. Leeds will be fine and no great shakes but mid table should be achievable. 

That impressive goal difference could come in very handy for Brentford. It's not over yet. They couldn't could they?

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Win at home bottom of the league Barnsley tomorrow, Leeds will be as good as up. 

Local derbies can be frought and close affairs. A draw would make it very interesting in the last two games.

38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Local derbies can be frought and close affairs. A draw would make it very interesting in the last two games.

With fans I agree, but BCD quality usually shines through. I think it might be WBA that misses out with a potentially difficult trip to 'Uddersfield who still need a win to be safe.

I hope Brentford go up though, they play some great stuff.