SwindonCanary

lEEDS ARE THROWING IT AWAY AGAIN

Would have been better still had Fulham not ballsed it up as well.

Leeds v Fulham next Saturday will be interesting.

Imagine if Leeds don’t win the championship and Liverpool don’t win the premiership 

finally some justice in 2020

Watching Cardiff battling for it, throwing themselves in to challenges, chasing down 50:50s.... rams home just how little our players gave on Friday. 

• Like 1

They’re a good side. I hope they go up with West Brom and Fulham - it will be difficult to get back up anyway, but getting rid of these will make it easier.

1 hour ago, FCC said:

They’re a good side. I hope they go up with West Brom and Fulham - it will be difficult to get back up anyway, but getting rid of these will make it easier.

Good point.

On 21/06/2020 at 15:25, Terminally Yellow said:

@Rob Whites

Happy to pop up giving it large when we play like dross - no where to be seen now though. Wonder why?

Im here, just after our 3-0 win over Fulham. 

13 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

When you go up to the prem you’ll hate it. I can’t wait for you all to discover that.

24 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

When you go up to the prem you’ll hate it. I can’t wait for you all to discover that.

Well in all fairness you never stay up, not having a dig because I know its tough to stay up but considering the blades went up with an inferior team to Norwich they have done a very good job.

7 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Well in all fairness you never stay up, not having a dig because I know its tough to stay up but considering the blades went up with an inferior team to Norwich they have done a very good job.

Things are so much different to the last time we went up, Leeds will do well just to survive like every other promoted team over the last few years, Sheff Utd are a bit of a fluke but Wilder sets them up to play a certain way and it has worked for large parts of the season, will it work again next season though?

22 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

VAR and getting a pasting every week by hundreds of millions of pounds of South American footballers takes its toll

I'm no fan of Leeds, but I love Bielsa as a coach and I'm glad he's going to get a crack at the top flight.

Leeds, West Brom and either Brentford or Fulham going up... don't see much else in that division to fear. 

2 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

Typical Leeds fan. 

Mouthy leading up to the event.

Disappears when his team loses.

Team wins and suddenly hes all ballsy against  😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm no fan of Leeds, but I love Bielsa as a coach and I'm glad he's going to get a crack at the top flight.

Leeds, West Brom and either Brentford or Fulham going up... don't see much else in that division to fear. 

The gap between the EPL and the Championship is immense and just keeps getting bigger. For Leeds to have a chance they will need 6 or 7 new players - better ones than they currently have - and they will need to spend big money and attract those players. Unlike Villa, who had to buy all their loan players but essentially still had a Championship team,  with Bielsa as coach, they have a chance to do that. Not sure how their fans will react when the likes of Bamford, Klitch, Aliosi, Harrison, Heranandez and most of the rest don't actually get a game because Bielsa will realise quickly they are not good enough to survive. With a short pre-season, getting new players to gel will be even harder than normal.

And there's the rub - if Leeds don't buy better players they have no chance; if they do, they still might have no chance. Sixteen years is a long time and the transition is incredibly difficult.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Leeds in the EPL - they are a big club with a huge fanbase and it will be interesting to see how they get on. Without crowds, their chances are vastly reduced.

8 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The gap between the EPL and the Championship is immense and just keeps getting bigger. For Leeds to have a chance they will need 6 or 7 new players - better ones than they currently have - and they will need to spend big money and attract those players. Unlike Villa, who had to buy all their loan players but essentially still had a Championship team,  with Bielsa as coach, they have a chance to do that. Not sure how their fans will react when the likes of Bamford, Klitch, Aliosi, Harrison, Heranandez and most of the rest don't actually get a game because Bielsa will realise quickly they are not good enough to survive.

Especially as Pablo Hernandez is 35, Jack Harrison is on loan from Man City, and from Patrick Bamford's Xg stats (based on the scoring positions he's been in) he should have had 4-5 more goals in the Championship.

3 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Things are so much different to the last time we went up, Leeds will do well just to survive like every other promoted team over the last few years, Sheff Utd are a bit of a fluke but Wilder sets them up to play a certain way and it has worked for large parts of the season, will it work again next season though?

That's a good point.
Every few years Prem clubs seem to underestimate one club and they do remarkably well.
Those prem. clubs normally realise their underestimation for the return game though and put things right. Occassionally though, like this year with Shef Utd, it takes longer for the penny to drop. But it does drop eventually but the promoted club have enough points by then to stay up.
The next year is completely different for thouhgh.

With Leeds though (and I'm no fan trust me) I think they may just have the backing to be one of the few that makes it more permanent.
They'll find the funds to make signings, they have the worldwide fanbase and the media like them so plenty of TV time and more revenue.

It's hard for me to type that because they truly are a cheating team of ****bags with despicable, glory hunting fans.
I'll be glad to see them out of our league, I just would prefer it was down rather than up.

Edited by scoop

I'd like to hope that at some point in the future the way Leeds play overshadows everything else about the club. Bielsa isn't a saint by any means but he does get his teams to try and play an attractive style of football.

33 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I'd like to hope that at some point in the future the way Leeds play overshadows everything else about the club. Bielsa isn't a saint by any means but he does get his teams to try and play an attractive style of football.

At some point in the future the way Leeds play may overshadow everything else about the club but it won’t be any day yet. You may be too young to remember those toxic Don Revie days of ‘ Dirty Leeds ‘ which probably damaged the club for generations. I know people a lot younger than me refer to you by that name.

You need to have lived through those days to remember how bad your image was throughout football. You may have won trophies but the way you did it demeaned them. I know it’s nearly 50 years ago but these things stick. It might help if you can get the hooligan element under control too.

I would agree that Biesla does get you playing attractive football and if you can find someone to put away the chances you’ll probably be OK in the Premier League at least for a season or two.

Patrick Bamford certainly isn’t the answer.

Absolutely no doubt that they will be straight back down. Would have struggled anyway as a newly promoted club like most do, but with no likelihood of fans being allowed back in, any home advantage they would have had from their crowd has gone. What an awful spectacle football will be next season having seen the behind closed doors games so far 

41 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

At some point in the future the way Leeds play may overshadow everything else about the club but it won’t be any day yet. You may be too young to remember those toxic Don Revie days of ‘ Dirty Leeds ‘ which probably damaged the club for generations. I know people a lot younger than me refer to you by that name.

You need to have lived through those days to remember how bad your image was throughout football. You may have won trophies but the way you did it demeaned them. I know it’s nearly 50 years ago but these things stick. It might help if you can get the hooligan element under control too.

I would agree that Biesla does get you playing attractive football and if you can find someone to put away the chances you’ll probably be OK in the Premier League at least for a season or two.

Patrick Bamford certainly isn’t the answer.

I'm old enough to have caught the end of the Revie era which is when I started following them. The hooligan bit is nowhere as bad as it used to be but Leeds suffer from being a magnet to idiots all over the country unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly Leeds are going up.

But I have zero doubt they will being go straight back down, unike what there fans might think about them finishing 5th in the prem their first try back..

Well we are not over the line yet, im not that deluded 😜

I don't totally agree with your comment that Leeds will be straight back down though, there are teams in the prem that may scrape relegation but have been poor this season, Ive watched a few of these teams and they are clueless and we do look better than them because we have that togetherness, that bond which is probably why the Blades are doing well. Fulham have the best team in the championship in terms of quality but half the time they also look clueless. 

Leeds played Arsenal earlier in the season and although we lost we were the better team by far in the first half,we dominated possession and chances but unfortunately we had barndoor Bamford upfront that could not convert the chances given to him. Arsenal could hardly get the ball off off us and they weren't playing reserves either. 

Bielsa's style suits the prem more than the championship. Im under no illusion that the step up to the prem is massive but I honestly believe we do stand a chance of survival of least. As someone mentioned the break isn't going to be too long and Leeds would need to get some players in but the players that have joined Leeds in previous windows adapts to the Bielsa way pretty quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

I don't totally agree with your comment that Leeds will be straight back down though, there are teams in the prem that may scrape relegation but have been poor this season, Ive watched a few of these teams and they are clueless and we do look better than them because we have that togetherness, that bond which is probably why the Blades are doing well. Fulham have the best team in the championship in terms of quality but half the time they also look clueless. 

Leeds played Arsenal earlier in the season and although we lost we were the better team by far in the first half,we dominated possession and chances but unfortunately we had barndoor Bamford upfront that could not convert the chances given to him. Arsenal could hardly get the ball off off us and they weren't playing reserves either. 

Bielsa's style suits the prem more than the championship. Im under no illusion that the step up to the prem is massive but I honestly believe we do stand a chance of survival of least. As someone mentioned the break isn't going to be too long and Leeds would need to get some players in but the players that have joined Leeds in previous windows adapts to the Bielsa way pretty quickly. 

We were saying the same things. The step up is far greater than you think. Time will tell 

3 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

I watched the game and Leeds had the better of the first half but then this often happens when a smaller club plays a bigger club and gets all excited. Maintaining that is another matter, as we’ve seen ourselves at times this season. The second half was a completely different proposition however. You couldn’t get anywhere near them and had clearly run out breath by half time, once they stepped it up you simply couldn’t cope. That was actually the game that won me a nice little accumulator bet that I gave to the PUP’s earlier this season so it was especially pleasing 👍

Leeds are going up and will probably stay up comfortably. They will identify their weaknesses close season and strengthen accordingly. 

Fair play to them for showing irrefutable resilience to go again this season and get promoted. 

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Leeds are going up and will probably stay up comfortably. They will identify their weaknesses close season and strengthen accordingly. 

Fair play to them for showing irrefutable resilience to go again this season and get promoted. 

You mean fair play for not absolutely bottling it....again