Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Finding joy in the last bit of the season

Doesnt look like norwich will provide much cheer over the next few weeks but fingers crossed we can find some joy elsewhere.

As it is every year, the collapse is on, and let's hope this year is as spectacular and enjoyable as the rest.

Starting today at 12

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

Definitely showing a lot of resilience for all the times in recent seasons they’ve blew it. I’d imagine they’ll do ok in the Premiership but nothing special. 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I have nightmares of seeing Emi in a Leeds shirt next season

Or Pukki. Fee wouldn’t be a problem, they are well aware he can score and I’m sure improving his wages wouldn’t be an issue. 

After yesterday's results I'd settle for a couple of draws from Cardiff and Fulham which would leave us needing four wins from the last seven as a maximum given that Fulham and Brentford have still got W Brom to play.

43 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I have nightmares of seeing Emi in a Leeds shirt next season

39 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Or Pukki. Fee wouldn’t be a problem, they are well aware he can score and I’m sure improving his wages wouldn’t be an issue. 

Oh my lord...what horrific thoughts! 😱

Surely we will have already put something in their contracts stating that under **no circumstances** can they go to that basket case of a club? I feel unclean even thinking about it...

OTBC

I think the break has saved them, but no way are they getting Buendia or Pukki from us. Their sense of self-entitlement means they'll likely spend the entire summer trying to get Suarez from Barcelona.

46 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think the break has saved them, but no way are they getting Buendia or Pukki from us. Their sense of self-entitlement means they'll likely spend the entire summer trying to get Suarez from Barcelona.

They would think Suarez would want to join them too

They haven't exactly been quick out of the blocks in this half, despite the Leeds fans on here telling us that they were going to be the fittest team in the league after the restart.

Great assist by Phillips for the Cardiff goal and a great goalline clearance by Bamford from Harrison's shot, mind.

Unfortunately, even if they lose today, they've still got a huge cushion that even Leeds couldn't blow.

45 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We can all enjoy the FA cup game, surely?

Yes, but probably only until it starts.

Another no show like Friday night and there won't be much to enjoy

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

True, but it needs to be a drastically improved showing or any enjoyment will be fleeting

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Unfortunately, I think they're in a stronger position now than they were at the start of the weekend. They've maintained the same distance from third with a game less to play.

Theyre still catchable if they do their traditional implosion... especially if Fulham can beat them next week..   keep the faith

Edited by kick it off

Its the same for Norwich and Leeds. Seven points gap is not a big gap when there are three points available every game.  We have to start winning and Leeds have to start losing......well Leeds made a good start on that today!

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Theyre still catchable if they do their traditional implosion... especially if Fulham can beat them next week..   keep the faith

Yeah, Fulham have to win for it to be vaguely interesting.

5 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Depends on your definition of ‘ enjoy ‘.

They’ve already owned us twice this season and if we can’t show a vast improvement on Friday’s sh*t show then it might be pretty embarrassing.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Its the same for Norwich and Leeds. Seven points gap is not a big gap when there are three points available every game.  We have to start winning and Leeds have to start losing......well Leeds made a good start on that today!

Get a a few quid on the double Lakey, got to be around 1000/1 

We've got a cup QF and Leeds have a chance to really screw their season up.... not to mention Villa taking on one of their local rivals.

Today could be a great day for footy.

After Brentford's win against WBA last night, the heat is really on Leeds. Lose today and they have two teams within 5 points of them with 27 left on the table. Brentford have 10 better GD than Leeds too.

Come on City, Wolves and Fulham!

Edited by kick it off

I'd settle for a point today to keep Fulham seven behind but am not that confident, very surprised with W Brom not even scoring in their last two games and they've got a difficult finish including Fulham at home, certainly not over by any means. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Leeds are winning at half time but incredibly lucky. Fulham have bossed the game since the mid-point of the half and Leeds were fortunate to not concede a penalty for a handball.

Big 45 coming up...

Yep, Leeds have been poor and for a team who allegedly play good football there has been a lot of hoofball.

Lucky to not have given away a penalty, Cooper had so much of Mitrovic's shirt the number and name ended up on the front.

2-0 Leeds so the combo of us getting relegated and them promoted is looming large. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  !!

Only COVID-19 was going to stop this from happening. Looks like they will be waiving to us on the way past, but not that disappointed we won't have to worry about them next season.

Expect some visitors on here later. 

Takes the pressure off a bit, need to beat Luton on Tuesday to create some momentum. Fulham seem to be falling apart and Mitrovic could well miss a few games now.