The Real Buh

Will Ipswich Town go out of business?

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I am not trying to be the superior one here because there are risks involved which are not just financial and just because we did well with Maddison does not necessarily mean that we can repeat the feat.

We didn't do too bad with Redmond financially - a goal in the semis/final of the play-offs

Our coaching certainly returned around £20m (?) from the Murphy's, plus far more than they cost us in wages - Steer and Rudd

And I am sure that when they do depart Aarons, Lewis Godfrey and Cantwell should have the tills ringing....with Idah not looking to bad so far.,Yep there have been a fair number who have 'fallen by the way side' but at relatively low cost. And we  still have a few o their way to follow

I would say to our suffolk friend, that if they had taken a step back and began building from the bottom they might not be the dire straits they now find themselves. How much was wasted on 'get-rich-quick' schemes by appointing mangers without getting the foundations right, I don't think you have produced a first team keeper in 15 years,

While it looks like Lambert is starting to  try to put things right, there is so much wrong at your club that he has a mountain to climb. I wish him well, but I would caution that there is a fair few years to go yet - and Evans failure to fund Cat 1 status will continue to see decent youngsters plucked from underneath you.

Unless there is drastic change I cannot see you achieving much over the next 5 years bar hoping to wheeze into the Championship, if you are liuckey.

• Like 1

"We didn't do too bad with Redmond financially - a goal in the semis/final of the play-offs

Our coaching certainly returned around £20m (?) from the Murphy's, plus far more than they cost us in wages - Steer and Rudd

And I am sure that when they do depart Aarons, Lewis Godfrey and Cantwell should have the tills ringing....with Idah not looking to bad so far.,Yep there have been a fair number who have 'fallen by the way side' but at relatively low cost. And we  still have a few o their way to follow."

For sure our youth policy has been profitable in recent years, but I was really referring to our ability to splash out hundreds of thousands on exceptional youngsters like Sam McCallum £350,000) and (possibly) Bali Mumba (£500,000) that we can scout into the system as opposed to Ipswich Town being more or less restricted by needing to rely just upon their own home grown young talent coming through.

We can have both.

These advantages stem from having Category 1. and Premier League income and status.

I have completely lost track of our young brigade, there are so many. Some are home-grown and some acquired from clubs like the two above whose clubs, Coventry and Sunderland have done much of the groundwork but need the thousands and the benefits from add-ons  ...... and often to the chagrin of the home fans:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/they-could-live-to-regret-this-one-sunderland-exit-on-the-cards-this-summer-the-verdict/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/norwich-city-target-sunderlands-bali-18419054

Conclusion re: this thread's topic: Ipswich Town Football Club skate on very thin ice. City's foundations are strengthening by the transfer window.

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Kings Lynn. The real derby. That’s what I want. 

The only way that will happen if we drop into the National League

Why would any decent person want to see a football club go bust

How the world has been effected by this virus worldwide their will be 1000’s of businesses go bust and millions of people facing a future of unemployment which will get worse as technology takes over. The future is pretty bleak and it will take years if ever to get back to what we all knew as normal

6 hours ago, daly said:

Why would any decent person want to see a football club go bust

How the world has been effected by this virus worldwide their will be 1000’s of businesses go bust and millions of people facing a future of unemployment which will get worse as technology takes over. The future is pretty bleak and it will take years if ever to get back to what we all knew as normal

I don’t count ipswich town as a football club

Don't dig a hole Mr.Buh!

Nobody wants to see a professional football club go bust either for the sentimental gesture that many genuine fans will have a big gap open up in their lives, or for the number of staff involved who would be added to the ever expanding 'dole' queue.

The fact that ITFC are our long-standing rivals is even more reason not to wish that particular club to go under, imo. Not just because of derby games but also because of other reasons from the fact that the two clubs have a lot in common (being regarded as yokel infested outposts for a starters) to the friendships and healthy rivalries that have developed between supporters who work in offices and the like, or those that live on the borders and indulge, for the most part,in good healthy banter.

The inhabitants of the footballing backwater that East Anglia is viewed as must stick together. Two medium sized clubs forever up against it. If anything, they got ahead of themselves and have come unstuck, whilst we can be accused of having lacked ambition at times and could come unstuck..

Besides, I'm one of those who see the fact that having such a fierce rival is part of the fun of supporting NCFC. Life without an occasional visit to TWTD would be so empty.😘

Let's just be happy to see them languish mid-table L. 1 for the foreseeable.We have, after all, reigned over them for so long now  that we've surely had our fill and our revenge for their various nasties, from waving notes at us to hanging banners on motorway bridges etc. etc.,should be complete.

What more do you want? Blood? Not literally, I hasten to add. Nobody should want to kick a sick dog.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I wouldn't wish for any club to go under and Ipswich are quite important to us supporters. The rivalry adds something a bit special to the mix.

• Like 1

I can only assume that anyone that wants another club to go bust, regardless of whether they are a rival or not, is either less than 10 years old or has less than 10 brain cells. 

Potentially both. 

Some embarrassing posts in this thread, I would be very sad to see Ipswich go 'bust' and disappear.  The first fixture I look for when we are in the same league is the derby, I don't believe any sane Norwich fan would want to see them go down the pan.

I don't want Ipswich to go bust either but I do have a small list of things I'd like to see happen. One of those got crossed off this year with 'more than one season in League One' so they can't try and claim while our highs have been higher in recent years, our lows have been lower too. 

I'd like to see them spend a least one season in League 2.

I'd like us to quickly overtake their seasons in the top flight- I believe we've had 26 and they've had 27 so not far away.

I'd like them have to watch us lift a trophy- ie the FA or League Cup and then have to watch us in Europe.

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't want Ipswich to go bust either but I do have a small list of things I'd like to see happen. One of those got crossed off this year with 'more than one season in League One' so they can't try and claim while our highs have been higher in recent years, our lows have been lower too. 

I'd like to see them spend a least one season in League 2.

I'd like us to quickly overtake their seasons in the top flight- I believe we've had 26 and they've had 27 so not far away.

I'd like them have to watch us lift a trophy- ie the FA or League Cup and then have to watch us in Europe.

Yep, that all sounds better to me.

Interestingly the hatred from them to us is more than the other way around. Some people on here very critical of wanting Ipswich out of business but similar threads on TWTD have almost unanimously been supported with "Hope they burn their stadium down and go bust and never come back"

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, that all sounds better to me.

Interestingly the hatred from them to us is more than the other way around. Some people on here very critical of wanting Ipswich out of business but similar threads on TWTD have almost unanimously been supported with "Hope they burn their stadium down and go bust and never come back"

Just because a moronic subset of their online fan base want us to go bust, that doesn't make our fans who want the same on them any less petty and stupid. 

It's pretty tinpot for fans a Premier League club to gain excitement out of their League 1 rivals ceasing to exist. 

I've got zero links to Bury football club, but any real football fan would surely think it was sad to see their club vanish. 

11 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

"We didn't do too bad with Redmond financially - a goal in the semis/final of the play-offs

And I am sure that when they do depart Aarons, Lewis Godfrey and Cantwell should have the tills ringing....with Idah not looking to bad so far.,Yep there have been a fair number who have 'fallen by the way side' but at relatively low cost. And we  still have a few o their way to follow."

For sure our youth policy has been profitable in recent years, but I was really referring to our ability to splash out hundreds of thousands on exceptional youngsters like Sam McCallum £350,000) and (possibly) Bali Mumba (£500,000) that we can scout into the system as opposed to Ipswich Town being more or less restricted by needing to rely just upon their own home grown young talent coming through.

We can have both.

These advantages stem from having Category 1. and Premier League income and status.

I have completely lost track of our young brigade, there are so many. Some are home-grown and some acquired from clubs like the two above whose clubs, Coventry and Sunderland have done much of the groundwork but need the thousands and the benefits from add-ons  ...... and often to the chagrin of the home fans:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/they-could-live-to-regret-this-one-sunderland-exit-on-the-cards-this-summer-the-verdict/

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/norwich-city-target-sunderlands-bali-18419054

Conclusion re: this thread's topic: Ipswich Town Football Club skate on very thin ice. City's foundations are strengthening by the transfer window.

I read the top link, written by one Alfie Burns. The trouble is that his name appears to be written in Arial, which I tend to use, and it is fine except that an "r" before an "n" looks very like an "m", which with a name like Burns is unfortunate.

On topic, while i do not wish them success I would not want our neighbours to cease to exist.

Surely we have more pressing matters to consider, such as how do we put on a less abject show for BBC viewers than on Friday?

It's a strange one.

It would bother me little; derby games are torturous, the place is a dump and they're owned by a shyster. I can concede though that it would be painful for their fans and even when they're baying at us like they've just emerged from the swamp on the way down to PR from The Station, they don't deserve that. Not all of them, anyway.

However, there is never a game that I want them to win. Ever. So, even if I don't want them to go bust and cease to exist, I do want them to lose 10-0 every week and eventually, the net result of that will be that they go bust and cease to exist. 

And I am not about to start hoping they win the odd game, so...

🤷‍♂️

On 21/06/2020 at 17:30, The Real Buh said:

Your posts don’t make sense. I don’t know why you are mad at me.

Possibly because any real football fan would not want another club to go out of business - just because they are our rivals they also have little kids, older generations of fans and families that think as much of them just as we do Norwich - we have had some fantastic    Games against them and long may it continue win lose or draw 

11 hours ago, Bomber said:

Possibly because any real football fan would not want another club to go out of business - just because they are our rivals they also have little kids, older generations of fans and families that think as much of them just as we do Norwich - we have had some fantastic    Games against them and long may it continue win lose or draw 

Would you have any sympathy for a business that has run itself in the way ipswich town has if it were to go bust? They deserve to go bust and there are other teams more deserving of a position in the football league. You don’t automatically get the right to exist in this league.